Stephon Marbury will be an All-star this season.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
According to FoxSports.com in an interview with Magic Johnson, Magic answers a few questions regaurging Larry Brown, the Knicks and the status of the Lakers. I'll let you guys read the interview for your self but here's a direct quote from the Magic.
"Larry will know how to get in Steph's head and bring him to the all-star level. Mark my words: he'll be an all-star this year."

My question is this, if Marbury reaches all-start status this comming season will you all finally stop the "Marbury should be traded movement" and admit the reason we're losing is not because of Marbury, it's because your beloved Alan Houston's a cripple! Crippled mind and a beat up body.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i predict marbury will average a solid 20 and 10. hopefully he could split the defence like he always has but better this time. im guessing his points will increase if he starts at the 2 or decreases if he starts at the point again because we have finishers on the starting line up now

portega1968

El Cacique
Brown will hopefully take Stephon to the next level, but doe sthat mean he will best eastern conference guards like Iverson, Kidd, Carter, Lebron, D-Wade, Billups, etc? Its a tough field out there and Stephon's improvement would have to be dramatic to really get voted into the allstar game.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
how can we blame a loss on someone when a player does not play

its like blaming our losses on bruno sundov or have larry brown blame the championship loss on dark millichic(sp?)

the reason why people want marbury traded not because he is no good....because of his horrible contract , and his bad knees. and hes aging

he could verywell wind up just like allan houston on the bench with all that salary....

people want him gone cuz we can still get somthing great for him while his value is still high

if u remember houston was an allstar not to long ago(2-3 years ago). and now look at him.

houston has done so much for this ball club u should no this unless u just started to watch basketball

ny3nyk

Rotation player
well marbury only missed 2 games over the past 3 years and started every single game this year. chances are he'll be pretty healthy come 05-06

donchris

I remember Sprewell doing alot for this ball club. But no one talks about that. I watched Latrell Sprewell single handidly put this team on his back in the play offs a few years back and Houston was, you guessed it, injured! Camby did very little and Thomas did very little offensively. But no one falls in love with Sprewell. It's all about Houston. What did he do other than drain the life out of this team. It is because of the poor business and his huge contract that the knicks have the highest paid team and worse productive team in the "history" of the NBA. We made history. Ever heard of the Alan Houston clause. That's Houston's legacy. That's what he did for New York. But it's not entirely Houston's fault. The guys a good shooter not a good shooting gaurd. You want a three, Houstons your man. You want a leader, sorry,wrong guy. And "thinking" fans would know this if they didn't have a hard-on for Houston and Thomas.

Musa

Rookie
Starbury

I am a big fan of NY but i don`t like Marbury. The best thing would be to trade him and try to get a leader like Nash

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Dont blame houstons contract on houstan blame it on the gm that gave him that much money

houston>>>>>spreewell

and u said wut??/spreewell lead the team when houston was injured?

now i no u dont watch basketball cuz houston didnt have the injury problems untill the 03-04 season..

before u start to talk please get ur facts straight

jayjay

Rookie
the reason Houston is blame-able is because he was very important to our depth @ the 2 guard position, a very important piece to the rotation.
He made claims all summer long "i'll be ready for the season opener" and never did, he took an extra 2 months and didn't come back to full strength.
He also wanted to them to go after Dampier rather than Crawford and if we didn't get Crawford we would have been SCREWED!.
But i'm not blaming him either way just like no one should be blaming Marbury for a WHOLE season, Its a team thing when will ya'll figure that out? bad coaching = makes a bad team which is exactly what Lenny Wilkens was @ that point of his career.

JUDGE THE TEAM DON'T SINGLE OUT ANY PLAYER BECAUSE NO MATTER IF ONE PLAYER MESSES UP YOUR TEAMMATES ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE YOUR BACK wether it be defensively or emotionally.

2005 - 2006 should be a beautiful thing to watch "THE COMING TOGETHER OF THE NEW YORK KNICKS" :calm:

donchris

So Houston never had an injury until 03-04. Never missed a game. Come on. Think back to 99-00 play offs. Our eastern conference finals loss to the Pacers 4-2. We got our asses handed to us cause your boy didn't show up. Don't talk to me about facts. The facts speak for them selves. The facts is that we had two starting two gaurds. One, Latrell Spreewell played out of his natural position and even for a brief period before he got traded, played point. Then you have your beloved Houston who is overpaid, over rated, and an underachiever. You wanna talk facts!
FACT Knicks loose in game 6 to Pacers. Where was Houston. That game was put on the backs of Spreewell and Patrick Ewing. You do know who Ewing is don't you. If not I really am waisting my time. And that was a close one. But we're talking facts right. Look that one up. I think Houston was hurt. If not, he just didn't show up for one of the most important game in franchise history. But I don't want to turn this into hate on houston campaign. You know, like the one many so called fans are running on Marbury. The only star we currently have.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Wut about the first year when spree came to the knicks (98-99)and spreewell was injured for most of the season..HE WAS INJURED FOR 3/4 OF THE SEASON......

SPREE REALLY HELPED US GET TO THE P/OFFS THEN WHEN HE GOT TRADED TO US IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON.......

and i just looked online to backup my statement.....and houston played 50 games that year and spreewell only started 4 games and played 37 games that year for the knicks.....how did he carry the knicks

dont talk to me about ewing, like i dont no wtf he is..next are u going to bring up john starks or charles oakley......stfu

get off of spreewells **** he was wack....he did **** for the knicks and that is a FACT...

spreewell was never known for a clutch player like houston....houston could make those big time shots when needed....he could carry the team when they were down and bring them back

when spree would buckle......spree is garbage and was a bad move bringing him to NY......

spree was never the star in ny......NEVER!

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
O and i see where ur coming jay and i agree with u.... but u cant blame a lost season on a single player especially since he was injured and when he played he played injured.....

i hope he can come back and be solid for us off the bench.....but isee his carear coming to an end soon

but i love the guy....hes a real coo dude and i met him and got to talk to him a few times before some knick games and i got a few autographs.....i hope he retires and not go to another team

donchris

I'm sorry, did you say Houston was known as a clutch player? Yo I'm laughing my *ss off now. I'll give you a small amount of credit. You did a lil reasearch. And yes it's true that Houston made the All star team more than Spreewell. This may sound strange but if you follow Spree's carrier you'd know that he was the first player in sports history to choak his coach! In my opinion, that has alot to do with why he only made the all-start team once. The NBA constantly makes questionable decisions. Like Nash being MVP over Shaq or Wade. Personally I favored NaSh, but that's neather here or there. The point is you're a Houston fan and I'm not so we're not going to aggree on this. You will make him sound better that he is and I might make him sound worse. We have different perspectives. Houston was never a clutch player by any one's deffinition. Chris Child's was a clutch player, Nick Van Excel, Michael Findley, Dwayne Wade, Ray Allan, theese are clutch players. And if your still in the research mood, research who's jersey sold more between 99-03, Houston or Spreewell.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
wut does the sale of jerseys mean? houston IS a clutch player......and if u havnt seen it bye his games then u have to watch a lil more basketball

who cares if spreewell choked his coach......and spreewell has made the allstar team more then once

he did it with GS like 2ce and ny once......

portega1968

El Cacique
I'm guessing we can name this thread the Sprewell-Houston debate. I personally preferred Spree over Allan. Houston was a better shooter, but Spree was streaky and attacked the hole. Allan barely looks to go to the rim. Spree as also a better defender and always played his heart out.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
what the heck is donchris talking about???????
the guy is NOT making too much sense. everyone listen to KnicksFan20 cuz he's the guy that knows what he's talking about.

first of all: Allan Houston is THE MAN.
its not his fault that he got a huge contract so stop sayin he's overpaid or w/e cuz its not like he chose to be overpaid.

he was a clutch shooter....i can remember the past season when HE WAS INJURED, he made a game tying 3 pointer....
and who was the man that got us over the miami heat and eventually to the finals when patrick ewing was hurt? ALLAN HOUSTON!!

and dont tell me that allan houston is not a leader...who's the knicks captain for the last couple of years???? ALLAN HOUSTON

he may not be the type to get into his teammate's faces to motivate them, but he's always there for his teammates and he never loses his cool. he doesn't curse at all and he's loyal to his coaches, family, and teammates. he answers annoying questions from reporters with style and class. he encourages education to kids and cares about them. he isn't afraid to take the last shot. he spends A LOT of his money for his charities and other volunteer work. finally he is a true citizen and new yorker. he tries to give back to the city.

and don't tell me those aren't "leader" characteristics.
he is a true professional. AND THAT'S WHY EVERYONE LOVES HIM OVER SPREE. i mean i loved spree for his energy and what not, but allan is for real.

i think someone has been watching the New York Knicks since last year or sumtin....what he's sayin makes no sense....

i hate fans like that, they shouldn't even be called fans...

what a disgrace....geez

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
You don't know who will be a All-Star this until they start the season first. It's impossible to know who will be a All-Star by just watching them play in the Summer League.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
thank u h20....finally someone who makes sense....

unlike spreewell and stephon....houston is a classy hardworking athlete WHO KEEPS HIS MOUTH SHUT..

the reason y marbury and spree had so much media around them cuz they dont STFU.....

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
hey donchris who said the 4-2 series loss to the pacers was one of the most important games in knicks history allan houston is clutch if u remember who hit the game winning shot in New York in Game 7 in 1997 against the heat it was allan houston he is clutch and that game was one of the most important games in knicks history houston is a great guy who is loyal to the knicks not spree if u remember he was talking thrash about the knicks this season when we played here in ny against the t wolves