The Knicks Starting Lineup

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't know how good this is but right now it's all we've got!

C-James
PF-Sweetney
SF-Richardson
SG-Marbury
PG-Crawford or Penny

That's right I might start Penny at pg and have crawford back up Marbury. Although Crawford is a better all around player, Penny may be a better point gaurd.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
chirs i suggest u just permantly retire from this message board....

there is an 90% chance rich will NOT start over timmy

and penny or crawford.....are u kidding me.....penny is our 4th pg on the depth chart

Crawford
nate
marbury
penny....

hes listed as a sg/sf he wont be playing the point at all.....hes not a pg n e more....

ny3nyk

Rotation player
my ideal line up is

c james
pf rose
sf thomas
sg richardson
pg marbury

dont care what you guys say about rose's size he is the man we should start over sweetney. better defence and more experience. as for marbury starting at the 2, that would be the last thing i want to see: the line up getting smaller.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
yea i agree wit ur lineup....but i like jerome williams over rose.even thos jerome wont start.....but he does so many little things for the knicks.......

but rose will be more ideal so the knicks can run the pick and roll again cuz rose can drop the midrange jumper......

donchris

Knicksfan20 perhaps you should do your homework beforeyou start posting. The New York Knicks now have a new coach. He's just a hall of famor by the name of Larry Brown. Perhaps you've heard of him. Any one who watches sports center can tell you that Larry is not keen on starting Rookies and typically favors more "experienced" players. I believe that Nate is only one year into the NBA, so don't look for him to start. As far as your confedent analysis that "90% chance that Tim will start" I don't know where you got that one from. You see I actually do research before I post anything. I'm a member of NY Post. I regularly check the NY times, Fox sports, and even the "great" ESPN. This is why I can tell you that Marbury, as far as anyone knows, will start at the two gaurd. (that is shooting gaurd) Every thing else is really up to our own imaginations at this point. No one really knows. My sugggestion is that Penny can actually be usefull at the Point position. May be starting is a stretch. Sence all indications are that Marbury will play SG then Crawford will ether play point or will come off of the bench. Lets not forget that Tim is slightly prone to injury. He can bearly hack it as a SF. Do you really think Larry Brown will put him in harms way at the PF positoin? We'd be better of Starting Sweetney and benching Thomas.

portega1968

El Cacique
There is another tread created previously about the starting lineup. As I've said, barring further trades that will happen, this will be our starting lineup:

James
Rose
Timmy
QRich
Steph

TT is trade bait, so I'm certain he will start at SF. Larry will favor Rose's game over our other power forwards. QRich is not getting benched. Steph will get minutes at SG although he will start at PG. And I agree, ain't no way Penny is gonna be a starter.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
ive been also thinking about david lee. whether to start him or not. i like his aggresiveness, post moves, and his crazy rebounding. he can step out to shoot the 3 or the mid range jumper. should we start him at the 4 over rose or at the 3 over thomas? im guessing at the 4 since thomas is in his last year and will be determined to step his game up

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
C- Frye
PF- Rose
SF- Richardson/Thomas
SG- Crawford/Richardson
PG- Marbury

I don't really know what postion Q-Rich will play because he play as a SF and a SG.

The Knicks are the least interesting team in the whole NBA...every team is more promising than us, what a shame!

...trade everyone except Ariza, Robinson, Frye, and Q-rich
p.s. Finley is cool, he can play

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
From douschechris i mean donchris:

Knicksfan20 perhaps you should do your homework beforeyou start posting. The New York Knicks now have a new coach. He's just a hall of famor by the name of Larry Brown. Perhaps you've heard of him. Any one who watches sports center can tell you that Larry is not keen on starting Rookies and typically favors more "experienced" players.

my lineup that i said was

jerome james-veteran
jerome williams-veteran
tim thomas-veteran
q-rich-veteran
marbury-veteran

where in my lineup do u see a rookie....stfu and get off my ****

WHERE IN ANY OF MY POST SAY THAT LARRY WAS GOING TO START A ROOKIE PLAYER.

i simply posted A DEPTH CHART.....DO U NO WUT A DEPTH CHART IS?? THIS IS THE KNICKS DEPTH CHART FOR PG THAT I SAID

CRAWFORD
NATE ROBINSON
STEPHON MARBURY
AND IF N E ONE PENNY WOULD BE 4RTH

if your the one sayin that penny ****ing hardaway should be starting at the point or coming off the bench ahead of nate robinson at the point your a ****ing idiot.......

i believe prince got a fair chance under brown and he was inexpeirenced so if any rooks on our team has the skills and out preform the vets in the preseason y not start em.....

BUT NOT 1NCE IN ANY OF MY POSTS SAID HED START EM........

heres the Knicks best offensive lineup (drumroll please...):
c-frye
pf-taylor
sf-thomas
sg-Q-rich
pg-marbury

...now heres the best defensive unit:
c-James
pf-rose or williams
sf-ariza
sg-richardson
pg-no one

Knicks need to make some seious trades

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
the only thing the knicks need is to dump some of our extra pf and get a good pf

soon once ariza develps his shot better he could easily start at the sf positon

and if this rumor witch was made a long time ago

matrix 4 timmy would go down put marion at the 4 then start ariza....i doubt it would.....but that would be great.....

it prollly wont happen now since joe johnson aint staying any more

NYKnicks15

Starter
sorry donchris BUT Larry loves long athletic forwards...Tim Thomas is a LONG (6'10) Athletic SMALL FORWARD. Simple as that.

my thinking is..
Jerome James
Mike Sweetney
Tim Thomas
Quentin Richardson
Stephon Marbury

Larrys thinking..
Jerome James
Malik Rose
Tim Thomas
Stephon Marbury
(Nate Robinson or PG we pick up)

sad but true..

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
our best line up is

c=james
pf=rose
sf=tim thomas
sg=q rich
pg=steph

and i would love to see carlos boozer come to ny i would trade anyone for him except ariza, frye,nate boozer is a rebounding machine who can finish and puts up points and most important plays d or if we cant get him i also like and Andrei Kirilenko he plays excellent defense.

donchris

The problem is Jerome Williams + Tim Thomas = a garbage line up. Nether one of theese guys should be on the team. Send em packing. Penny's game declined after injuries and after he was moved to SG from PG. The guy is not a post up player so to have him play SF is crazy. And he has filled in as SF before. No wonder the world thinks he sucks. He's played out of his natural position 3\4 of his carrier. My suggestion is instead of trading him off at least attempt to but him as a back up for who ever will be the starting point gaurd. I'm not confedent that Crawford can be a strong force at point. But I am confident that Marbury can be a strong force at two gaurd and tha Q Rich can be a streaky shooter and a post up player as SF. I can remember back in the peak of Penny's carrier. They use to actually compair him to Magic. When he played Point. Of course those days are long gone but if he's got any gas left in the tank I think he can be most useful at his true position. The fact is Penny's contract is expireing so it makes lil sence to trade him off. Your entire line up is basacwards! Where's Marbury? Do you actually think Crawford will start over Marbury? If you actually believe Marbury will be traded, for who? Put it in your poor excuse of a line up. You think Marbury will be traded for nothing? Come on! Jerome Williams starting. I don't think so. If Marbury is to be trade ( cause he ant in your line up) then it well be for a quality player. My guess is a piece that we're missing like a Power foward. But that ant gonna happen! Marbury is the future of the Knicks. Lets stop the hate movement shall we.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
u must not get basketball games down in nc if u say that timmy and jerome williams is garbage

jerome is a great player......he plays with heard and enthusiasm......he can put up points once in a while....but he is an amazing defender......

and i made a mistake with my linup......crawford shouldnt of been at the one i rote the rong name down......

how is marbury the future of the knicks if hes about to turn 30 years old?

and for the other guy i highly doubt we can get kiralinko..........hes a great player all around....but i dont think the jazz would trade him to us......

that would be a great aquisitoin tho

i agree with Boozer being a good fit for the Knicks but so would've been Tyson Chandler instead of Jerome James...and Granger instead of Frye.
I think he's an all-stsr in the making and have doubts with frye unfortunaltely...questionable isiah Moves.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
hoe would granger be better then frye?

isnt he a sf? not 2 sure.......frye is a big guy who can run the floor who can block a few shots and can shoot the ball

frye was a GREAT pick.....he will become a real good player......