Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: our situation with the small foward

..sf is the biggest problem for the Knicks; if you watch N.B.A. ball you know that is the most important position...we should've drafted that position by getting Granger or Green but Isiah is a *****!
    ..My thought last year was bring back Spreewell in his last contract year, for so many reasons it makes sense but he is too old now...Tim Thomas is too soft period, kenyon martin is the ideal guy for us ironically...thats my opinion.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Ok let's recap. Thomas is good, Ariza's good, Jerome James is good, Nate is "the great", so who needs to be traded. Are you guys aware that the Knicks are rebuilding? How can you rebuild if you don't make trades? So far We've only acquired two new players. That's a start but it's not enough. In fact most of you were against the one good trade we made. When a team is one of the worst teams in the league, of course they don't make it to the playoffs, so they "REBUILD". You can't rebuild if you keep the same sh!t team! Every trade suggestion gets the same reply "Nope he's good!" Nope, he's good too!" Even Larry Brown said "This roster is a working progress". Translation, mucho trades will be made. I said it before, don't fall in love with this roster. Before I said package Jerome James in a trade for one of our weak spots and someone actually said keep him he's good. "So basically we should keep our current losing team." Is that it.
    Stop for a minute and take a good look at the east. Miami! We know what there roster looks like. Shaq, Wade, and now newly acquired Jason Williams at point and can't forget Walker. Then there's Jersey and Detroit. All of these teams are making progress and they were good teams last year. How can we compete. The answer is we can't! At lease not with this current roster. I've always been a Knicks fan, as long as I can remember but I have no attachment to any of these players. I want to win. I want to see NY finally get the ring. Now we're not even making the damn play offs and if we did we would have been out of there in the first round. That's no way for NY to go out. #$%k that! Our GM, our coach all say it's time to get dirty and it wont be pretty.

the Knicks best Sf is Q-rich, even though he's short he has the most weapons...Ariza will be a nice back up at that spot and will see time cuz he a little bigger, especially if he can get to the free throw line...my question is how does nate marbury crawford thing work? theres not enough minutes for those 3 guys at basically 1 and 1/2 postions, someone has to go and I think it will be Crawford... the other jam is at Pf as everyone knows...Jerome James is a backup center so theres another hole

you're right Donchris...a lot of changes will be made and need to be made, my opinion is keep guys like Nate, Ariza, Q-rich, 'JYD' and maybe Frye for a year at least...

Veteran

OK, lets recap...you dont understand basketball. You cant just say trade trade trade...look at our roster! the guys we would like to trade other ppl want no part of. we cant just come up with some trade that makes sense salary wise and say "OH COMPLETE THIS TRADE"...like ive said before this ISNT NBA Live 2004......you say package James to fix a hole in our roster..."We surveyed 100 real knowledgable Basketball fans, top 3 answers on the board, What is the NYKnicks most unsolid position" "beep beep beep" "Center?" "ding ding ding" THE CENTER POSITION IS OUR HOLE!!!

and you cant really call our team a losing team. yes i have looked at the roster. yes i know what happened last year. but Jerome James, David Lee, Channing Frye, Quentin Richardson & Nate Robinson were NOT on that team. So a team with 5 new players is the same as the one prior? NOT necessarily.

as "masonics" said, CALM! we dont know how THIS team will play. we dont know how THIS team will be coached. You have to sit and be patient. you want NY to get the ring, you want NY to not leave the playoffs in the first round JOIN THE CLUB!!! and be patient! REBUILDING isnt a one offseason process. in 07/08 well be great.

are team will have a lot of changes coming soon, Houston will retire. Penny will be shipped or just let go. Taylor and JYD will be traded at the deadline or next season. Malik Rose will also be traded or maybe even waived...i dont see any improvements New Jersey has made? What Jeff McInnis & Marc Jackson?! SCORE! haha and Detroit? arent they just the same team as last year...??? MINUS LARRY BROWN!?

BUT for this season and most likely next...our core looks like this
    Jerome James/Channing Frye/Mike Sweetney/David Lee/Trevor Ariza/Quentin Richardson/Jamal Crawford/Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson...i think at this point everyone else is expandable...

so for now, just sit back and realize this isnt a ONE YEAR PROCESS

P.S i think you believe the word GOOD means GREAT. and when we say GOOD. we mean "decent or slightly above average" or "wouldnt be on the Hawks roster".

masonics, first of all the most important position in ball is the point guard. second, we drafting frye is better than drafting green or granger because of our center needs. im not going to wait 3, 4, 5 years for green to develop and into what? another wing player who has a nasty attitude and is only good for flashy dunks. frye is the guy we needed immediatly and will help us on both ends of the floor

sorry buddy, point is not the most important position in pro b-ball, thats College hoops its definately small forward...

fine, who controls the ball, distributes the ball, almost 99% of the time is captain, makes plays, and see the court? who, the small foward?

sorry buddy your rong.....the most import position is the PG as stated

and the second most would be the Center.....

and maybe i took it a bit far saying that tim was a better shooter then Tim......but regardless.....

Tim is a better overall player then wally is...

NYknicks15.....Made alot of great points....u just cant get anybody u need offer the team any player u dont need....and expect somthing...

other teams knows what the knicks need, other teams have needs witch the knicks cant fill.....

if we can get a quality for quantity deal for some of our PF....then that could work out...maybe a certain team needs depth...and we can give them depth...

but its not as easy to do as it is to just say....

everyone loves this green kid because he can throw it down.....who cares he may just be a great dunker who does not do **** besides that...

This may be impossible....but wut if we can get josh smith from the hawks? put him at the 4?

i highly doubt they will trade him because hes young and has a big future ahead of him....

he can finish, hes athletic, real good defender, great shotblocker (had that game where he blocked 10 in a game) he does not end up in foul trouble....

Like i said i highly doubt we can get him....but if he became a knicks i wuld be happy

thank you knickfan20. anyway about josh smith. hes more of a 3 than of a 4. he definitly has to work on his shooting, and his judgement. i seen tons of hawk games on league pass and ive seen so many goaltends by him. i think he has gotten over his head because he won the dunk contest. anyway, he needs to develop his shooting and will defintly be productive in a couple of years

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

You guys took a survey 100 fans and found out that the Knicks need a center? No disrespect #15 but the glue sniffing kid eating boogers in the back of a kindergarten class could have told you the Knicks need a center. Your right about one thing, it will take patients. Mad patients.

i think your post was a bit off topic

Veteran

first off i gave u the benefit of the doubt "donchris" and continued ur topic not mentioning it was slightly off topic in the first place...so lay off.

and no offence taken about the kid sniffing glue, wrestling-esque promo, statement you made towards mine...i just hope you DONT take offence when i tell you...my statement was sarcasm, notice the quotations...i was being sarcastic & responding to ur statements "that we should trade OUR ONLY center to fill a hole in our roster"...and i said it FAMILY FUED style if u didnt catch the joke...

P.S. its funny that the "glue sniffing kid eating boogers in the back of a kindergarten class" could of told me that...but you couldnt have..thats odd hahaha

tim thomas should NOT be resigned after this year, that is for sure. theres many better options at that position in this league.

remember dampier's breakout year the year before his contract ran out, and then dallas stupidly rewarded him with a big contract that he did not deserve? tiny tim thomas will probably have a decent yr this yr. i think we should juice up his numbers to about 15 points a game, and then halfway through the season trade him and get something good in return, whether its draft picks, a good player with a big contract, or whatever. ariza is our future at that position, so after trading tiny tim, lets get ariza more minutes...

"P.S. its funny that the "glue sniffing kid eating boogers in the back of a kindergarten class" could of told me that...but you couldnt have..thats odd hahaha "

O BURNNNNNNNNNNNNED!