Thread: DeSagana Diop

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Default DeSagana Diop

NYPost reports Knicks are looking at DeSagana Diop. He's 23, legit 7footer and 280 pounds.

Opinions?

Veteran

Another unproven good young talent. I think they should go ahead and sign him. As he is a legit 7'0 280 Center...is he a legit player? My feeling about this is Larry wants a backup Center maybe a Center to switch off and on with James...I think the idea here is to put Channing Frye at the Power Forward position...well see what happens..

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Yeah you might be on to something. I can see Frye at PF. If he can step up sooner rather than later we can really benefit from him playing PF.

IN more minutes he got more boards, assists and steals than Sweets, but points, shooting percentages and blocks belong to the Sweet One

Messed up I was replying to a post about Reggie Evans. Is Diop available?

Veteran

Reggie Evans post?...anywhoooo..
    DeSagana Diop is available, hes an unrestricted free agent of the Cavaliers.

in his short 4 year career he has only averaged almost 11 minutes per game, with a 35.8 FG%, 1.6 ppg, .8 bpg and 2.6 rpg.and a 40 freethrow%...

if u take a closer look u can see all his numbers increase with more minutes...

have you guys ever watched him play? this dude is soooo uncoordinated, he makes bruno sundov look like a budding all-star!

yes, he's big and yes, he's athletic but that's it. he only began playing organized ball his junior year of high school. he is not another Amare story waiting to happen. Amare was born and bred in the US and has always had exposure to the game. Diop came from another country and didn't pick up a basketball until he got here. Why do you think after the Cavs situation, of possibly losing Z before they resigned him, were they willing to let him just walk away for nothing?

If we do sign him it has to be for the ABSOLUTE minimum $$$ and for no more than 2 years.

isiah loves to sign big guys and take a gamble on them

its not the worst thing in the world to not have a great center. the suns last year didnt have a legit center (amare is a PF), and they did pretty well. the bulls with jordan and pippen didnt have a great center and they won all those championships.

you cant just force things that arent there. if your team doesnt have a good center, that shouldnt mean that u go out and waster ure MLE on some unproven guy as soon as u get the chance.

if we do sign him, lets just make sure we're not overpaying him. but yet again, that's how it's done in NY.

if he was to get signed it would be for the minimum.....he wouldnt ask for a big contract....because hes unproven and hasnt done **** i dont see any reason in signing him....we have a project in butler alread who is almost just as big and 3-4 years younger.......butler did pretty well in the summer league....

signing this guy would be a waste or roster space

Veteran

Diop is 23 and 7 foot 300lb
    Butler is 20 and 6'10 250lb

its worth a try i suppose, hes a good shot blocker but as of now i guess it would just clog our roster even more..knowing isiah though hell work something out..

i rather give Jbutler a chance. Butler is fun to watch. whenever he gets burned on defense, Jackie knows he better answer back w/ his offense. he def has potential. DeSagana Diop has the frame of a big man, but atleast Jerome James makes his pressence known by blocking whatever comes his way.

havnt seen much of Diop, so naturally everyone wants him, i think were in decent shape as it is, but if we want to go and spend money this way its fine with me, but again were fine without him