whats wrong with getting curry

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I can recall before Larry Brown became coach there was talk about the Knicks getting Curry. Yeah it would be a good short term move but with all of this talk about Knicks in 07 I'm not sure the goal is to win this year. It's just to keep us all going a little longer. So now we have a little squad that's not expected to do much but the buzz is back in NY and Knicks fans are happy. With all that said money is always an issue for NY.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i dont think his heart is insured, and it would be a terrible waste of money if his heart problem causes him to end his career

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
thats y u make him sign a contract stating if he has medical issues his contract is void.......

from wut ive read and heard....currys heart condition is not serious and shouldnt effect him....

if we can aquire him or chandler then that would be great.......

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes thank you! i love Eddy Curry. I think hed be a great pick up and quite easy to acquire. My moms in the medical field of work and she says what his problem is, is not serious at all. i proposed a trade in another thread but here it is again...

NEW YORK-- Eric Snow (6) & Eddy Curry (6)
CLEVELAND-- Jamal Crawford (6) & Jerome Williams (6)
CHICAGO-- Drew Gooden (4) & David Lee (or 1st Round Pick)

New York gets the point guard larry brown wants and we unjam the SG position. We also rid ourselves of 1or2 PF's. We also get a good young back up Center/starting Power Forward Big man in Curry.

Cleveland gets the scoring type of point guard they want aswell as the back up powerforward who plays D that theyve been searching for. Jerome also brings leadership and experience.

Chicago gets two Power Forwards which they desperately need. Its also youth and they rid themselves of the skeptical health of Eddy Curry...

I like it, I think it would make both Isiah & Larry very happy...

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i think even there were giving up to much

3 players for 1 good player and one who scusk

many may disagree with me....but i really like jamal crawford.....alot....although he may not -lay good D....him coming off the bench would be great... and i dont like the giving up of jerome williams either......

it could be a good trade.....but like i said i like jamal crawford and LOVE jerome williams.....if we can dump sweetney or taylor, or rose.....id be much happyier

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
ny3nyk said:
i dont think his heart is insured, and it would be a terrible waste of money if his heart problem causes him to end his career

does any1 remember Reggie Lewis(bostonceltics) back in the early 90's? I remeber how awful it was for Boston to lose Reggie. He was kinda like a back-in-the-day Rip Hamilton. He died during a scrimage, an hour into the game. I'd take Tyson over Curry. Tyson has better defense and averages more rebounds and blocks than Curry. Chandlers got nice long arms, perfect for shot blocking and tip-in/put-back dunks.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
yea i remember reggie lewis. After he died, the celtics fell apart and they were a horrible team until pierce and walker brought them back. I remember the knicks had a very long win streak against the celtics in the mid to late 90's. i don't think curry's heart problem is as serious but the heart isn't something to fool around with. I wouldn't take the risk and i agree, i like chandler better. If he could gain 5-10 pounds he's still have his flexibility, but he's also be better suited for center. He's a good defender and rebounder. I'm suprised larry brown and isiah havnt gone after him.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Threadstarter aint lookin to smart right now. But we'll give him a pass since hes a starbarian. Jazzyknicks33 knew what was best for the knicks. Chandler woulda been a nice fit, we need some interior defense. Thats the #1 necessity with this current knicks team. I think we got players who can score, rebound, and defend the perimeter (even though they havent done a good job so far). Duhon, Marbury, and collins are all capable of playing good perimeter D. We got Zach who can provide low post offense. Id say post defense is our #1 weakness. Jazzyknicks33 knew the deal....he gets a rep point from me.

portega1968

El Cacique
Threadstarter aint lookin to smart right now. But we'll give him a pass since hes a starbarian. Jazzyknicks33 knew what was best for the knicks. Chandler woulda been a nice fit, we need some interior defense. Thats the #1 necessity with this current knicks team. I think we got players who can score, rebound, and defend the perimeter (even though they havent done a good job so far). Duhon, Marbury, and collins are all capable of playing good perimeter D. We got Zach who can provide low post offense. Id say post defense is our #1 weakness. Jazzyknicks33 knew the deal....he gets a rep point from me.

lol at MSG33 giving his former username a rep point!!!

but its true, you saw that Curry was a waste of our time and I also would've preferred Chandler... props2u

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol at MSG33 giving his former username a rep point!!!

but its true, you saw that Curry was a waste of our time and I also would've preferred Chandler... props2u

I gotta admit i defended him in other posts but i was never fully sold on him. I never thought he would be elite because he never proved that he had the heart and passion to take it to the next level. I still try to figure out what my password was for jazzyknicks33, i forgot it and thats why i created this name about 2 years ago.