Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jerome williams expected to be cut

Hybrid View

Default jerome williams expected to be cut

jerome williams is expected to be cut with the amnesty clause. i think cutting him is better than cutting taylor because taylor has only 2 years left on his contract which is better than jyd's 5. dont know if its official, but realgm is reporting that he is expected to be cut. i hate to see him go because he was an important part of our bench and hustle, we all wish him the best

Veteran

yea i still think they should of went with Rose who has 3 years left on his contract but yea..i agree Williams should be cut over Taylor though..

i think Allans gonna **** us over tho adn welll be stuck with him. atleast the cutting of Jerome will clear a roster spot

my Eric Snow & Eddy Curry FOR Drew Gooden & David Lee FOR Jamal Crawford & Jerome WIlliams trade isnt looking so bad right about now is it?

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

According to NY Post, not only will the Knicks keep Houston, waiving Shandon Anderson's bought-out contract that saves about $18 million in luxury tax, Maurice Taylor ($19.8M savings) or Jerome Williams ($12.5M). Houston would have saved $39.8M in luxury tax. What I found the most interesting is that according to the Post, Knicks are pursuing amnesty "casualties" as they put it, of Brian Grant and Aaron McKie, and Michael Finley. If Finley is waived as expected today, the amnesty free agents are expected to seek either the veteran's minimum of $1.1M or the lower exception ($1.7M). I know Thomas said before that he's not going in the Finley direction, but to me he's the best player so far that may play for the veteran's minimum. Also Brian Grant could be useful off the bench. As specially for the money.

knicks officially waived williams

its a dark day i my knicks era JYD you will be missed.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

its official its official, ok heres the link

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

JYD? You mean Junk Yard Dog! That was the man! Oh my bad! Your talking about Williams. lol It's not that bad of a move. I mean I would have liked to see Houston go but it is the next best thing. Well sort of. The down side to the clause is it doesn't allow cap relief. The dark days were the days of last season. I'm more interested in seing the players we will acquire in the coming months. This is grinding time. No I in Team.

WUT IS ISAIH ****ING STUPID........CUTTING JYD HAS GOT TO BE HES DUMBEST MOVE YET......HE WAS MOST DEF. MY FAVORITE KNICKS.......AND AN IMPORTANT PLAYER OFF THE BENCH......**** YOU ISAIH THOMAS

I agree that was VERY BAD move..I think we should've gotten rid of Shandon Anderson contract instead...JYD was the MAN...I'm extreeeeeeemly disappointed as a true Knick fan

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Isiah should explain why he cut JYD instead of waving Shandon's deal. One less defensive-minded player, not to mention extreme hustle.

damn our best defensive player was cut wat is isaiah thomas thinking of is he trying to make us worse or better he better have a good counter for this like make a good trade or something because i know alot of knicks fans r pissed off

Apparently Isiah didn't see the game in the garden when JYD poked free the ball, ran down the court, dove on the floor to grab the loose ball from the opposing player, and while sliding on the court, passed it to TT for the dunk.
    Nor did he see the game in Philly when the knicks were down 19 in he 4th and JYD singlehandedly took the knicks to the win, scoring 12pts in the 4th and dishing the assist to H20 for the game tying 3!!

I thought he would have fit in so well with Larry's system.

i think its cuz hes trying to build a youthful team

and he nos houston is goin to retire.....

but cut malik rose not jerome willliams...i was about to custimize a jersey that had jyd on teh back.....im so pissed right now.....i seriously when i saw on espn that he got cut i threw my remote at my wall and there is now a lil hole in the wall.....

i am seriously that pissed

Call me crazy, but maybe Isiah cut JYD because we have a pretty decent clone of him who goes my the name of David Lee. Sure he's a rook, but he'll be the hustle and energy, defensive minded player that JYD was. Just give it some time.

I'm also guessing Larry Brown had no problems with the move, since him and Isiah are so tight and probably discussing all personnel matters.

Sure, I'm a bit disappointed to see JYD go, but I trust it was a step in the right direction.

JYD. what else is there to say? even though the knicks had a horrible season last year, JYD always had a positive outlook. I always see him in games saving people from falling, and picking players up off the floor. he doesn't play dirty. he seems to be very sincere. no hard feelings, im sure he understands the knicks situation. thanks for everything JYD. WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!!