Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jerome williams expected to be cut

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Once again I play devil's advocate by saying Let's all take it easy and have faith in the Knicks leadership. They know what they are doing. We've got Larry Brown at the helm. Isiah has made some questionable moves in the past but let's wait it out. It will all work out in the end and we will be a better team with out Williams. Count on it!

then y cut jerome when we have worse pf and worse contracts

y not cut rose, or taylor....it makes no sense.....now that houston plans to come back and hes not retireing....he should of been cut......wtf at isaih thomas...

i am so mad right now......stupid mistake...he was the hear and energy of this ball club...everyone like the guy.....

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

JYD was offered a position in scouting, broadcasting or community service, which was a nice gesture by Isiah. Maybe he knows something we don't.

Rose should've ('cause of his 4yrs) but wasn't getting the ax 'cause he's practically the only Knick made to Larry's liking.

Mo could've but he'll soon be a tradeable asset anyways.

I agree totally that David Lee has JYDtype hustle, that kid really plays!!! I'm overdosing on all our rookies' potential (Nate, Lee, Ariza and even Frye will develop nicely).

Bets are on for Allan Houston retiring or returning, watcha think? I said all along he wasn't getting the ax. He has the owner's attention big time.

if this is true portega.....i hope ur telling the truth... if he was to retire and become a scout that would make me a lil more happyer but....

if he is gonna retire.....y would we cut him and not anderson....so this way we get them both off the books....im not sayin i dont believe u....but i would like to see where u heard about him being a scout

man that just pist me off, i dont wanna talk about it, Jerome Williams has alot of heat and I wish him luck where his NBA travels take him....

jyd retire? hes only 32 and hes relatively healthy

It seems JYD has a knee problem and he's meeting Isiah today about a scouting and community position alongside John Starks. You can read the source yourself at Hoopshype.com.

I sometimes make up scenarios that I think or wish may happen, but I specify that's the case. I'm not into saying something's true if it isn't.

I think that waiving JYD was actually a better move than waiving allan houston. Of course, i loved jerome, he played with a lot of passion but somebody had to be cut.
    So, according to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], the Knicks might actually benefit from this deal IF allan houston will be forced to retire from medical issues. NY won't have to pay him the rest of his salary (which will be covered by the insurance) and the Knicks could even get under the tax/cap
    If houston won't retire then he could still play 2 years untill his contract ends.

the bottom line is that whatever happens, we win. no matter we have H20 on the court or at home

Superstar

Cutting the one guy that is the type of player that Larry Brown likes. Damn

The NY post has reported that JYD is going to retire today, and take up Isiah on that broadcasting/community relations position.

well im sure isiah cut jyd with the approval of larry brown.and jyd retire? he's got to be kidding. that has got to be the earliest retirement ever, and its financially unwise to do it bcause he still has a couple of years left on his contract. anyhow, we all love jyd and hope he retires with us not the raptors or the bulls or the pistons.

JYD has a tendon tear en his foot and knee problems which require surgery. In addition to that, he just doesn't want the hassle of packing up and moving his family 'cause he loves NYC. So he'd rather retire, keep his family in NYC and build a career after basketball while he's still young. It'll be nice to have JYD working with the Knicks.

Junk Yard Dog should stay, H20 should go

...and the Pulitzer for trash posts and parachuting oneliners goes to.....

I'm sorry Crawford fan, but you have the tendency of blitzing the forum once a week or so with oneliners that don't even follow the thread.

Are you a true Knick fan or can we expect you to follow Jamal to whatever team he's traded to before the spring?

Come to think of it, your posts remind me of Jamal's shot selection, specifically the ones that don't go in.

Excerpt from the forum rules:

If you don't have something inteligent to say, just remain on your position. (...) You will post in a constructive way and bring arguments in discussion.
    You were banned for a week, and yesterday when you were allowed back i told you to read the rules...
    it's really up to you