Keeping Houston. Good or Bad?

Keeping Alan Houston. What do you think?

• Another classic Knicks Risk-Mistake?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Setup possible trades involving Houston in a solo deal, or a multi-player package deal?

• Just wait and see w/ high hopes

• Total voters

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
poll: Now that Houston remains a knick, how do you think he'll perform? Was he really worth holding onto? Was it worth making JYD the odd man out? I always thot JYD was a fan fav. Let me hear what you guys think, and why. Im eager to know what you think of the knicks now.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I wouldn't say keeping Houston is bad. It's just not good. At this point everyone should know why. If not read a few topics relating to Allan Houston. The bad move was done about 7 years ago. Figure that one out!

portega1968

El Cacique
Houston and Dolan are good friends. I don't care what Allan said about retiring today. There's just 2much money involved. Houston and Dolan must have an agreement that if he isn't ready for this year he will retire. There's just no way they accepted the risk of paying that tax without him playing a single game the next couple of years. I'm certain they know something we don't and time will prove them right.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
in reply to portega^^

this is from the "allan houston" thread. I submitted
it last night(8/14). If Dolan and Houston have worked something out on the side in secret, I thot this was possiblity.

nyk33334 said:
Say we keep allanThe dolans decide to pay houston according to his contract. We would still have a sal-cap prob. Supposing Houston and the Dolans reached an agreement privately, where Allan would accept a lower salary. Allan can always give the dolans a check, back, out off his own pocket. Get it yet? Its like "I give you $5, but gimme back $4". In this situation, it's more like "Allan we can keep you, but you won't recieve the money promised cus of the obvious reasons"....((There's no way Allan can argu his long absense. If he wants to stay he'll have to accept that he doesn't deserve all that money)).We (Dolans) will pay you $x (publicly, against the cap) , but you must return $(x-y), again, cus of the obvious reasons." Get it? Allan is said to have good relations w/ the Dolans. What's stopping them from making a reasonable "under the table" deal? What's stopping Allan from writing a check back to the Dolans? Does that qualify for breach of contract?. It is a possibility.

portega1968

El Cacique
I doubt the Knicks need to do that kickback with Houston. It's quite difficult to launder those millions (he'd also be a fool to pay hundreds of thousands in taxes for money he'd give back under the table).

Because of his frienship with Dolan (something that must really tick off Isiah), he's getting one more shot to prove he can comeback. It has 2 be this season. If not, he will retire and be offered a job in community and scouting with his bizpartner John Starks. I'm certain Allan Houston will hang them up before yearend.

NJ_Knick

Rookie
I think it's a mistake to keep him. If the intention is 4 him 2 get back into the roster. with a core of Marb,Houst, n J Craw!! have we forgotten that they all lack in defense which is a worry 4 me!! Allan was a good player its time 2 focus on the future not on injured prone players!!

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i respect houston for what he has done for the franchise but i think its his time to step down and retire. we have too much depth at the 2, and they all barely play defence. and i was thinking, whatever happened to that bobs guy? did he get banned?

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
wtf do u mean he never wants to play?

obviously if he wants to come back he wants to play.if he was to call it quits right now hed get every dime so its not just for the money

hes just injured

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Marcellus02 said:
no, don't keep Houston he never wants to play he always injured whats the point :?

I have disagreed w/ every post you have posted w/in the last few days. Im not the only one who's disagreed w/ u either. Do some research before posting. You don't wanna sound dumb, do you? Doesn't matter now since we waived JYD instead of Houston. Im sure Alan's been dying to play again. Hopefully he can return and make an impact off the bench.

Allan shouldve been waived to save cap room and to avoid the luxury tax as well...he wont be the player he used to be hes hurting the team by taking a roster spot and the fact all of Larry Browns player will have to play defense...can you say Allan Houston play's defense without giggling after you struggle to say it?.....you have a better chance of saying Peter Piper picked packed pickled peppers 6x fast....hes too much of a drain and hes going to be a drain in that locker room as well....