Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DeSagana Diop

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

portega1968

El Cacique
NYPost says Isiah is targeting James Jones and DeSagana Diop with the $1.7 million exception.

Isiah drafted Jones when he was in Indy. Nevertheless, IMO, I don't see a need for another swingman.

On the other hand, Diop is one clumsy fellow. I don't think anyone, including the Knicks' staff, can make a real player out of this guy.

The crap we must talk about when your team is capped out.

jayp

Benchwarmer
i don't like both of them but i'd choose Jones.. he has more potential than Diop.. i haven't even heard of anything positive coming out of Diop 'cept for his size.. Jones had a few great games when he started for the Pacers..

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i made a post about a week ago saying that our depth at the small foward is weak. nevertheless we also need another center but diop needs to prove that he could play. i dont want to take a gamble and another kwame brown, i would take james jones

S-Nutta

Rookie
James Jones, looks like a pretty good prospect he did have a few good games last year and looks like a pretty good shooter too. Diop is a extra large waste of space. He could be a good use of 6 fouls against Shaq, but that's about it. James Jones! even though I don't know where exactly he's gonna play...

THANKS JYD!!!

:afro:

portega1968

El Cacique
In 2,000+ minutes during his first four NBA seasons, DeSagana Diop has more fouls than points. This guy is really a waste of any team's space.

I don't see a need for James Jones either. He doesn't seem like worthy of minutes ahead of what we already have. Ariza, Q, TT and Lee are all capable of good minutes at that spot until the Feb. deadline.

I hope Isiah is working on something better, like a trade for Chandler and/or Gasol. Upfront is where we need to focus on adding AllStar caliber players. Our wings are second priority. Screw these crappy additions.

Now that I remember, I'd rather go get that Lonnie Baxter guy who lit up the summer league.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I dont think we should sign jones or diop. I would trade maybe a spare basketball and a couple of water bottles for diop cuz thats all hes worth. Jones actually has some potential but we got timmy T, T-Ariz, and possibly Q-rich to play the sf position. To sum it up, we don't need another sf and we dont need a waste of space and oxygen.

portega1968

El Cacique
UUUUUUU what a relief... Mavs are gonna sign that DeSagana Diop freak. Hopefully, Indiana will match Isiah's offer to James Jones.

Trin_Starr

Starter
the knicks should sign neither. If Isiah is looking for a decent backup center, he should sign Calvin Booth to the vet's minimum.
In 2004, he averaged 5pts, 4rebs and 1.5 blks in 17mins
He's also 6-11

He's much better than Diop.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
i'd rather take Patrick Ewing out of retirement than sign more "nobody's". Crap like this causes us to stay below the salcap, which is one of our major problems. Isn't it? Why must we be so quick to sign new players? I'd rather witness some results from our current roster before making anymore moves. I am really eager to see how the NEW NYKNICKS play during the pre-season.

BTW: If i had to chose, I go w/ da legit center, Diop. Doesn't have much skills but the hieght advantage should be enough to be a pressence down low.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Im glad we didnt pick up both.....we already have the limit amount of players and do not need another project for larry to work on (butler)

We have the Pf-filled
sf-filled
sg-filled
pg-filled

the only way we would need a player is if we did a huge trade were we lose like 6 guys and only get 2 back

portega1968 said:
NYPost says Isiah is targeting James Jones and DeSagana Diop with the $1.7 million exception.

Isiah drafted Jones when he was in Indy. Nevertheless, IMO, I don't see a need for another swingman.

On the other hand, Diop is one clumsy fellow. I don't think anyone, including the Knicks' staff, can make a real player out of this guy.

The crap we must talk about when your team is capped out.

First of all, no one should ever quote the New York Post as news.

I think Jones is an okay player but does not fill a need at all. And, let's see what Butler can do in the NBDL before we sign another scrubby big man.

NYKnicks15

Starter
theres no possiblity of either of these still happening...Diop has signed with the Mavericks and James Jones was traded to Pheonix for a draft pick...topic locked

Status
Not open for further replies.