Kevin Garnett in Orange & Blue?

NYKnicks15

Starter
wont let this down because as of late reports Kevin Garnett is very unhappy in Minnesota. He's not fond of WallyWorld (wonder why, nor was he happy of the addition of Jaric more there the loss of Cassell and Spreewell. many clubs are already pondering trade ideas for Garnett as they see if they Twolves arent in the playoff hunt early this season he will be shipped out..most likely to wherever he wants...his three choices are actually the big three LA, Chicago & NY.

if they want a quality player and an expiring contract im sure theyll take Jamal Crawford, Penny Hardaway and a 1st rounder. OR if they want players maybe theyll accept Maurice Taylor (only 2 years left) and Jamal Crawford and a 1st rounder. i actually think we have pawns for them to bite on unlike say LA or Chicago who cant really match up salary wise well without giving up say Odom or Chicago giving up Chandler. its a possiblity and i think we should continue to see what comes up before we jump on anything else..

Trin_Starr

Starter
KG is very unhappy in Minny. He is looking to jet.

The last I heard in the papers was that he didn't attend some big opening season lunch party and didn't offer an excused absence afterwards. It was the same party last year that Cassell and Spree boycotted to show their unhappiness with their situations.

They have a no name bum coach, they suffered a serious downgrade in talent - that team is not going anywhere!

Take from it what u will, but I think KG is gonna ask for a trade.
Dunno where, but he's out of Minny.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I happen to agree that KG is going to ask out if they don't bring in some talent to surround him with. I think where KG goes depends on what direction Minni wants to go. Do they want young talent and draft picks to start rebuilding or do they want a name to replace him with. They could probably get Kobe for him if they want a name; I think LA would make that trade right now. They could ask NJ for Carter and another player like Krstic and NJ would make that trade as well. Pheonix might give them Amare in a deal but they would have to add money to match so I don't think they would do it (Pheonix). If they want young, cheap talent and picks, I think the Knicks and Hawks are probably the best teams to supply that. I also think they might force a team to take another bad contract with hime like Wally so whomever makes that deal would be giving up allot just for KG. If there is a chance and the Knicks were in the running, they could offer the following to make that trade:
Scenario A:
Penny, M Taylor, Frye, Lee and draft pick(s) would cover salary and young talent
Scenario B:
Penny, M Taylor,Ariza, Nate pick(s)
I think they would want Penny for the salary relief and Taylor, who has 1 year left as opposed to Wally's 3, for relief as well. Then they would probably want, at least, 2 of the young guys for some talent back.

NYKnicks15

Starter
no, one thing they dont want is to get rid of Wally. yes he has a big contract but dont jump to conclusions. first off Wally & KG arent that good of friends..what GM is going to trade for both of them and believe it will work, im sure will but it wont work out. another main reason of why KG is upset is because that coach Dwayne Casey (who actually isnt a nobody he was assistant coach under seattle head coach Weiss for many years. ANYHOW they want the ball in the hands of wally MORE. he believes Wally is their key to success...so lets just shoot for KG..
you really think the Lakers would trade away Kobe..even for KG? thats crazy...NJ idea is possible, Pheonix one is definetely NOT (KG doesnt play their style NOR would Minny/Phe take a chance on Amare)...I think Chicago wants to stay young and cheap...i think la is in it if they offer Odom...NY is in it if they can part with what Minny wants...atlanta? not so sure on that one...i think it comes down to LA or NY, or some random team like Memphis/Utah to get him...well see what develops

Allen

Benchwarmer
There is no way that we should trade any of our young talent even if it is for KG. They should not trade away their long term future for a quick fix like KG will be. Its time to stop looking for a quick fix to get a championship.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
NYKnicks15 said:
no, one thing they dont want is to get rid of Wally.

I disagree totally! If they keep KG then it makes sense to keep Wally but if they choose to dump KG then why would they keep Wally's contract?? He is always hurt and it is a huge, bad contract that could never be dealt on its own. If they dump KG, bet the farm that Wally goes as well.... They will do a complete revamp of the roster! Also, I believe LA would trade Kobe, i think they regret letting Shaq go and realize that a team can not win with the offense running through Kobe. He is not clutch, a ball hog who takes herendous shots at the worst times and he is not a good team mate! Also, right now he is not the golden boy of the NBA with his tarnished rep. I think Phil would love to have KG, Lamar (whose game is similiar to Kobe) along with Kwame as the satarting 3 big guys. Wouldn't you??? I do think if they (Minni) deal KG, it is for a salary dump and young prospects. As far as Atlanta, they have alot of guys to throw in! They are stacked at the 2 and 3 and they will probably finish as a lottery team so they will have a very valuable #1 pick to throw in as well.

Trin_Starr

Starter
There is no way LA will trade away Kobe. If they were willing to do that then they would have kept Shaq.

If KG does ask for a trade, watch for minny to dump as much contracts with him and that includes Scerbiak going with him.
If Minny didn't have money issues they would have resigned Cassell and Spree and probably made it back to the western conference finals.

Since it will be hard to find takers for KG's and Scerbiaks contracts (~$30mil) watch for the knicks to swoop up that deal come February with it's AD and penny expiring contracts (~$28mil) together with some young talent.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Trin_Starr said:
There is no way LA will trade away Kobe. If they were willing to do that then they would have kept Shaq.

That was kind of my point. I think they realize they made a mistake trading Shaq and keeping Kobe. I bet you, tht if they could do it again, they would ship out Kobe instead.

NYKnicks15

Starter
no theyll keep wally..heres why. there offense is going to be built around him and his 10 million contract isnt much by todays standards. hes a consistent shooter BUT once KG is gone...how many free agents are gonna just get up and sign with Minnesota? would u like to play in Minny without KG? NO. Did anyone else want to play there before KG was there? NO. theyll have a reallllllll tough time signing free agents, even if they have a huge gap in salary. minnesota is not that exciting of a place. i think if anything theyll go with a youth movement. and thats why i see JC being the key trading piece...

Kobe will not be traded, and if you dare consider LAMAR ODOM's game to KOBE BRYANT's this discussion is over cause ur points are no longer reputable. thats insane..