Will the Knicks make a trade before the season starts?

Will the Knicks make a trade before the season starts?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

portega1968

El Cacique
IMO, Knicks need to improve the PF and center spots with potential all star players

Although our main assets (TT and Penny) will be more valuable come February, we should be able to package Jamal, Sweets and some picks before the season starts to improve our frontcourt.

So I'm asking, do you think the Knicks will make a trade before the season starts?

I don't think Larry will want to start the season with this roster unchanged, that's why I think they will make a trade.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Yes to the trade possibilty. I agree, we're still lacking a solid bigman and pf. I'd wait till February to try to aquire the better players.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
No question we'll make more trades. For who? Not sure. We'll have to see how it pans out.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
im hoping it will be a S&T for tyson chandler or eddie curry....who ever would be easyer to get....and if we can do that......do it bye keeping our guards (bulls have enough guards n e way they dont need n e more)

maybe trade rose and sweets.....or taylor and sweets....

i dunno.....as in other topics ive seen players who id love to come to the knicks

gasol,kiralinko,KG of course(but will hurt us cap wise as well plus well prolly have to lose some picks and good players)

and tyson and eddie should be on zekes radar...n e of these guys could improve our team greatly

tyson would improve our defense

and curry would improve our already good offense and supply some shotblocking ability

think the knicks should trade Tim Thomas and sweetney for another PF, because i think Houston will come back strong and will start with Marbury, Q-rich, PF and Jerome James, also JAMaL Crawford coming off the bench
They also have to get rid of penny Hardaway some how

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I will guarentee at least one more trade before the season starts. I'd be shocked if the knicks didn't make another trade. I don't think crawford will go because nate R will have a positive effect on crawfords game as well as the rest of the team. Sometimes all it takes is 1 player who goes all out on defense to get the rest of the team to play better.Even if this doesn't happen, crawford won't see minutes unless he plays d so one way or another crawford will become a stronger defender. And he's still young so his offense will improve also. I think he's going to be to good to trade and he's not overpayed.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Crawford just needs to mmprove his D beless flasly and instead of taking a 3 he needs to go strong to the hoop.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
craw doesnt have the body to take it strong to the hoop. he skinny, hes afraid of getting pushed around. marbury has a better body for taking to the hoop.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The Knicks should hold off to the trade deadline where there will be better players on the block. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Gasol!! I would like to see if they could swing either Miles or AH as well. I think JJ was a step in the right direction and I would hate to see them make a move just to make a move. Right now they have a good nucleas to start off with (little on the small side but a good start) and if they are patient, TT and PH are expiring contracts that they can use to land a big money player like a Gasol. Also, we need time to see what Lee and Frye look like and what direction they are moving in.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
jj a step in the right direction???

i dont know what everyones obsession with gasol is. hes a skinny kid who isnt a true center, hed. hes not a great rebounder. his career is hitting a plateau. he doesnt have much upside left.

miles is another tim thomas. he will never reach his potential. i take a pass on him.

im sick of isiah getting these marginal players and making them out to be such studs. crawford, qrich, rose, taylor, jyd, etc...and the one opportunity that he had to get a star, VINCE CARTER, he BLEW. its so funny that all he had to give up to get carter was JYD (who he WAIVED), kurt, and tim or penny. he gave up kurt for qrich anyway. doesnt that raise some question marks in peoples heads???

imagine if we had VINSANITY at the 2/3 instead of Q.

isiah has blown many opportunities. if he really has a chance to get garnett i hope he doesnt blow it because he thinks hes giving up too much for him.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
athleticism isnt everything in the nba. michael redd was drafted in the 2nd rd because hes not the best athlete around. he has a great work ethic, worked on his shot, and became a good basketball player. for every michael redd, theres 100 harold miners (baby jordan) who have loads of athleticism, but not much else.

i hope isiah for once gets a guy who has a good "game", and not just some guy who can run and jump.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
a knick fan said:
jj a step in the right direction???

i dont know what everyones obsession with gasol is. hes a skinny kid who isnt a true center, hed. hes not a great rebounder. his career is hitting a plateau. he doesnt have much upside left.

miles is another tim thomas. he will never reach his potential. i take a pass on him.

im sick of isiah getting these marginal players and making them out to be such studs. crawford, qrich, rose, taylor, jyd, etc...and the one opportunity that he had to get a star, VINCE CARTER, he BLEW. its so funny that all he had to give up to get carter was JYD (who he WAIVED), kurt, and tim or penny. he gave up kurt for qrich anyway. doesnt that raise some question marks in peoples heads???

imagine if we had VINSANITY at the 2/3 instead of Q.

isiah has blown many opportunities. if he really has a chance to get garnett i hope he doesnt blow it because he thinks hes giving up too much for him.

First of all, Gasol is a 4 not a 5. Now I know that Memphis spotted him at the 5, but if he came to NY he would play the 4. He can dominate the low post at the 4 and he demands a double team every time he touches the ball. JJ is 270 pounds and 7' tall. We got him for LESS than what we were paying KT.... Yeah, he is a step in the right direction. Also, it was Marbury Isiah wouldn't trade for Carter! He was willing to give up anyone but Steph that was the deal breaker. I think he should have made that trade but he didn't and Toronto ended up with zilch. In fact, Isiah was trying to force Toronto to take Houston at first. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you think Gasol is a bad move then you obviously haven't seen him play! He has banged with all the big guys in the west and held his own.

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
If the Knicks trade before the season start, then they trade Mike Sweetney for a better Power Forward. Since the Knicks is letting go Junk Yard Dog then they will need a better PF.

portega1968

El Cacique
Smells like Isiah is cooking up a 3way that will land Jamal and Chandler in Memphis, Sweets, Lorenzen and the expiring deals to Chitown and Curry/Gasol to New York.

I'm willing to munch on that. BTW, this is just me speculating on the different rumors I've read the past weeks. It might not even work capwise as far as I know (2lazy to check it at realgm.com). But a starting five of Curry, Gasol, Ariza, Q and Steph would be tasty.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
chandler is rejecting 60 mil for 6 years, and you think he will come to ny? im still not sure of getting gasol, for some reason i dont think he is the rebounder we need