Will the Knicks make a trade before the season starts?

Will the Knicks make a trade before the season starts?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

portega1968

El Cacique
I would also rather have Chandler, but believe Curry is more available and preferred by Isiah.

Nevertheless, if you, like me, want a player of Chandler's caliber (Curry's heart condition and poorer D value him below TC), you have to pay him big bucks (probably in the range of Penny's or TT's deal) which would burden future cap space. So to me it is possible if we pursued it. At 22 and seeing last year's improvement (I won my fantasy league because of his boards after picking him up off the wire), Larry Brown may just make him into a dominating force, even at center.

BTW, I really can't understand the knocks on Gasol, 'cause:

1. he creates favorable mismatches, whether at the 5 or his better spot at PF.

2. he commands a doubleteam in the post.

3. uses the pickandroll effectively

4. shoots facing the basket out to the 3line.

5. prefers to finish with a dunk inside (I loved KT, but damn he was a minus 10 on the dunk scale),

6. gets his blocks, steals and boards.

7. is only 25.

8. would most probably improve tremendously under Larry Brown.

The only problem in going after these two guys is our future cap space. Besides that, you would be nuts not to support getting them considering our needs upfront. You may propose a couple of better deals, but these guys shouldn't be discounted.

Musa

Rookie
Trades

I think it would be great to trade Tim Thomas, Jamal Crawford, Penny, Malik Rose(Can he play Basketball??) and Mo Taylor. But the most impartant question is: Which team is stupid enough to take these overpaid guys??

We need a LEADER, what do youu think about the idea of getting back Spree in NY. That would be great. He is a troublemaker but he can be the leader we need.

:hoops:

portega1968

El Cacique
Spree has been one of my favorite Knicks. But at 35, the guy rejected $7million last year and after the way he humilliated Dolan in his first game as a Wolf at MSG, there is absolutely zero chance of him coming back. It's better if we just move forward with younger players with upside.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:
I would also rather have Chandler, but believe Curry is more available and preferred by Isiah.
BTW, I really can't understand the knocks on Gasol, 'cause:

1. he creates favorable mismatches, whether at the 5 or his better spot at PF.

2. he commands a doubleteam in the post.

3. uses the pickandroll effectively

4. shoots facing the basket out to the 3line.

5. prefers to finish with a dunk inside (I loved KT, but damn he was a minus 10 on the dunk scale),

6. gets his blocks, steals and boards.

7. is only 25.

8. would most probably improve tremendously under Larry Brown.

The only problem in going after these two guys is our future cap space. Besides that, you would be nuts not to support getting them considering our needs upfront. You may propose a couple of better deals, but these guys shouldn't be discounted.

Thank You! I have been saying this about Gasol in a number of threads and people chew me a new one for it. As far as the salary cap issue: The knicks will probably never be under the cap. It is a fact that stinks but there is no way NY can just tank seasons so they can rebuild and get cap friendly. Also, if you are going to be over the cap, at least have some talent to show for it. If we get Gasol AND Curry, that is better than draft picks. Playing the lottery is just that... Gasol is a proven talent and Curry would come somewhat cheap and would share time with JJ. With these guys you know what they can and can't do. They are proven, to an extent, and have tremendous upside (especially Gasol). Curry is worth the risk, at the right price, and having Brown to mentor both of them, they would improve defensively. I would grab Garnett over Gasol, but I do not believe for a moment the T'wolves will move him. There is still the 3 spot that we are weak in and need to address. I have been saying either Al Harrington or Darius Miles would be the way to go. If we got Miles, we would start Ariza and bring Miles off the bench. If we gor Al, I would start him and bring Ariza off the bench.

portega1968

El Cacique
Personally, I'm not high on dudes like Harrington or Miles, which I consider are only effective at the SF. That 3spot will beTimmy's until he is gone in a trade probably targeting our more pressing needs at PF or C.

If we don't get back an SF, then we may have a bigger need at that spot. Ariza may be ready to start at the SF by then with Lee and QRich helping out (maybe that's why Isiah wanted to bring in James Jones).