"the icing on the cake"

ny3nyk

Rotation player
it looks like our offseason was very productive, drafting 3 amazing rookies, getting younger and more athletic, aqcuiring richardson, a 3 point shooter we need, aqcuiring jerome james a skilled center, saving money on luxury tax by cutting jyd, and getting hall of fame coach larry brown. it seems we did all we can so far, but the icing on the cake would be making a run for lorenzen wright, from memphis. i read previous rumors about a month or two ago about wright asking out of memphis. hes big, 6'11, can rebound and defend. he could make the transition from center to a pf, or we could start him rather than james. getting lorenzen wright would toughen us up and we would finish the offseason with a :fazer:

hoop115

Benchwarmer
ny3nyk said:
the icing on the cake would be making a run for lorenzen wright, from memphis. i read previous rumors about a month or two ago about wright asking out of memphis. hes big, 6'11, can rebound and defend. he could make the transition from center to a pf, or we could start him rather than james. getting lorenzen wright would toughen us up and we would finish the offseason with a :fazer:

i completely agree. a few weeks ago in a thread about trade possiblities, i wrote a post on how wright is a thousand times better than james, that he is better suited for the team isiah is trying to build, and we probably could of had him for the same asking price.

portega1968

El Cacique
Isiah insists on picking up another guard (first James Jones, now Steve Blake) despite the fact we already have 15 players signed.

This suggests he may have a trade up his sleeve for one or more of our guards (probably Crawford).

I would gladly trade with Memphis to get Wright and Gasol without risking our chances of vying for KG circa the trade deadline.

A starting five of Wright, Gasol, KG, Q and Steph would be the bomb.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Not gonna happen. The KG thing is a stretch, but we should defiantly keep the option open. However, at the same time picking up Wright wouldn't be bad ether and may very well be the answer to our vacant PF problem. The reason why I say not gonna happen is i'm sure if we acquire Write that his name will be brought up in a trade for KG. So be it!

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
good find.....thanks.....

wut about getting a s&t dun wit curry....he is very young and a great scorer....he may not be the best defender.....but thats more bulk we got in the middle and he can block sum shots

ny3nyk

Rotation player
dont know about curry, he's had a great season before that nasty heart condition. we shouldnt take any risks, not anymore. that antonio mcdyess thing and drafting all these 7 ft european scrubs still linger in my mind. it'd be a real shame if curry is ok and has a great season with another team, but better safe than sorry.

ps: welcome back knicksfan20

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"ps: welcome back knicksfan20"

Thanks.....im at least happy that someone at least likes me lol.....

but would it be possible if we could put sum in his contract (like with wut the eagles did wit T.O)

saying if he is having heart problems and it causes him to not perform to his ability..he can be cut wit no penalty.....

i mean since he was cleared bye his doctor and it is HIM who is chosing to play.....and if he does have a heart attack or n e thing else seroius (i hope that would never happen)
...we shouldnt have to suffer from it

just a thought....but i dont no if his agent or him would accept sum like that....or if thats even allowed....