[Article] Knicks Lose Out On Jones

rady

Administrator
Staff member
New York Post said:
The Knicks' chances of netting Pacer reserve swingman James Jones were thwarted yesterday when Indiana pulled off a sign-and-trade with the Suns.
Knicks president Isiah Thomas was offering Jones a three-year deal starting at their lower exception, $1.7 million. Under cap rules, Thomas could not lift the offer unless he executed a sign-and-trade with the Pacers, which he couldn't do. Jones held out and got a longer-term deal with Phoenix — four years at a little more than the $1.7M.

The Pacers were forced to trade Jones because of budget restrictions, and because they just drafted Danny Granger. They received almost nothing — a 2008 second-rounder — in return.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=3322

rady

Administrator
Staff member
people are still here, just that there aren't too many things to talk about :)
give it a couple of weeks, and the forums will be jumping ;)

portega1968

El Cacique
this void in Knick news is driving me nuts!!! can't wait for a trade and training camps. maybe we should speculate on getting a starting five of marbs, lebron, marion, KG and big ben

portega1968

El Cacique
NYK Way said:
What was so good about Jones James?

Not much besides a couple of nice games he had after Artest was suspended. In fact, I'm glad Isiah wasn't able to waste bench space and cash on Jones and Diop. Unless he has a trade up his sleeves, he should stick with what we have.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"where is everybody?"

i was BANT! but im back

and all i got to say is good and good about the diop and jones situation.....we dont need scrubs on the team /unproventalent/projects........

unless isaih had seen sum we dont no about (witch he is very good at) then its not a loss at all.....

we dont neep diop or jones....larry brown already has a project in butler...and imo id rather have butler then diop...