a player that could help us

ny3nyk

Rotation player
ok, so we also have a problem at the power foward. mo taylor and mike sweetney look like they should go on the subway diet. malik rose is a hell of a defender, but the man is 6'7. jackie butler is unproven and should be sent to the nbdl. and in my opinion, david lee is more of a small foward than a power foward. and heres a guy who made it to the all defensive team 3 times, a veteran, can block and rebound the ball well, was one of the runner ups for the league mvp, and has good leader ship on and off the court. who is it? dont kill me for this one, but its p.j brown. he has one year left on his contract, and should flourish as a player with us. the only drawback is that he is 36, and has battled some injuries. i think our only way to get him is either offering rose and sweetney, or crawford and sweetney. any thoughts on this?

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
rose and sweets maybe......but crawford and sweetney ........no.....

yea that could be a good aquisation.....that is a player who hasnt even entered my mind......he shouldnt be "that" hard to get comparted to a kg or a curry.....

and th3 1 year on his contract can help us even more with out cap relief efforts.......

pretty good idea tho...but it also could hurt us

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
aww cmonn sweetney would b a decent 4 fer the time being.. Wen they traded nazr, sweetney was a pretty not badd big mann. Although he did get into foul trouble a lot i think sweetney would b a reallii good PF..

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
why does everyone say we have a problem at PF??? i think we have a bigger problem at center. sweetney is a good rebounder, and he doesnt demand the ball (which is good considering our 1, 2 and 3 do) to be an effective player. he can turn into one of the best offensive rebounders in the league. the thing im worried about with him is that hes slow and quicker, more athletic PF's will run circles around him. thats why he gets into foul trouble. still, hes got good character and willing to hustle, and i think hes not as ineffective as one might think when they look at him (because he doesnt really have an "nba" body).

sweetney will be ok. if he gets 30-35 minutes a game and can improve D a little bit, he wil get at least 12 and 8, which is comparable to kurt thomas' production.

at center...we've got james, who i think is a BIG mistake of a signing, and frye, a rookie who is undersized at that position.

I guess I just don't see Sweetney being as bad as a lot of people do. There is no way that I would trade him right now, especially for PJ. The Knicks need to stand pat and see what they have. This team was in first place last year until the injury bug hit them. If Larry can get them to play just a little defense they'll surprise some folks.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
one guy that can help us: allan houston

i know everyone thinks im out my mind, but houston IS gunna pull a grant hill and he's gunna be in the starting lineup by the next 2 seasons. he's gunna bring maturity and leadership to the team and he's gunna gel us together. h20 off da hizzle

rady

Administrator
Staff member
And of course you're base your ideas on? Do you have anything to backup what you just said or is just a presumption?
Trust me, i would love to see h20 return and play ( he won't be a starter whatsoever) but as long as i don't see him healthy and ready to play i won't believe anything. Untill then you just sound paranoic with all this exagerated h20 love ;)

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
ok rady...that's ur opinion and i respect it. i knew it from the beginning that everyone's gunna disagree with what i said so i dont really care. ok mayb i do sound paranoic, but that juss means how big of a fan of h20 and the knicks i am. and also, what i said is 100% presumtion. i have nothing to back it up. but i can't really understand why ur sayin he wont be a starter whatsoever....what gives u the confidence to jump to conclusions? i'm not saying what i said is gunna happen 100%, and the odds may even be close to 1%, but y not have a hope for it?

i believe in god man, and so does my man allan. anything can happen in this world. am i wrong?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, Houston won't be a starter because

1. he had barely played the past season, 20 games more precisely. Then he injured himself again

2. If Marbury will be moved at the 2 (which is highly possible) do you really think Allan will start over him?

3. Even if he won't be moved, there's still Jamal Crawford to play the SG

4. Quentin Richardson can also play that position

Now give me a good reason why you would keep any of these 3 on the bench to make room for Houston.

It's ok to make presumptions but is better to have something to back it up, or at least to be realist, else everyone will laugh at you

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
I agree with Rady I don't see Houston starting over those 3. But if he comes back to his old form when he averaged 20 plus points which I dont really see happening I dont think he would be starting if he returns to the line up.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
ok....stephon marbury will play pg as before. if allan returns to his old form, he can easily start over jamal crawford. they're both under average on defense and houston is a better offensive player who takes better shots. and Q, he could play SF (im not sayin he will so dont start disagreein)

NYKnicks15

Starter
we know this will be a never ending arguement as we can see that by your name H20, and not only that, but you've been defending Allan since day one...and there is nothing wrong with that. everyone has their favorite players..

I agree Houston (in his prime) is a better player than Jamal Crawford and Q-Rich..not as athletic BUT a much better shooter, a much better decision maker and more mature. He knows what needs to be done to be effective in the league...AND THAT IS THE KEY STATEMENT.

what it takes to be effective in the league? A PAIR OF LEGS WOULD HELP TREMENDOUSLY!!! He can't even run at full speed and you expect him to come back and start for us? If he comes back (and back to old form) i would be ulitmately happy...but seeing the current situation, sometimes you just have to move on...

now to the original subject of this thread...PJ BROWN
Could he help? YES...Does anyone want him to attempt to? NO.
he is in his last year of contract BUT he's not that valuable in the offseason nor is he worth trading Taylor and Sweetney for...Sweetney if used in any trade could be used for much more and I believe the same with Taylor seeing his big contract will end in 2 years. I say keep what we have until something great comes along...until then stick with Tim and Penny, stick with Craw and Sweets..and when a one chance trade comes along ship them out faster then chinese soccerballs

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
More senseless Houston talk I see! Well I've had my battles with Houston fans as the veterans to this site can tell you. Don't worry I'm not gonna bash H2zero, that's over for me. It's good to see someone's got the balls to step up to rady! Everyone else just agrees with everything u say rady! he he he Even though this kid is wrong, any way we are week at PF. The reason why the focus is on PF is that we have a couple of decent centers. PF is pretty much a vacant spot. That is unless your a "die hard" knicks fan. You know the kind that actually believe that no one on the team sucks, and those that say "we'll miss you Bruno" with a straight face. lol

ny3nyk

Rotation player
face it, houston will not be coming back whatsoever, he is finished. the best option for us would be to convince him to retire or to let his contract run out for the sake of cap relief

I'd love to see H20 come back strong, but he ain't no youngster and bad knees ain't no joke.

On PJ, I don't see what he brings to the table that LB can't pull out of his current roster.

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
curry can help us. we need a C or PF that can bring the heat and curry is one of the player that can do that. ofcourse i pick his because he is the only good center that is avaliable.