Rookie of the year prediction

Who is the better Center in modern NBA history.

• Andrew Bogut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marvin Williams

• Deron Williams

• Chris Paul

• other

• Total voters

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
it's gunna be andrew bogut. like emeka and dwight howard last year, he's gunna be starting right away as a huge addition to the team. he's gunna get the most minutes, therefore he's gunna adjust faster than other rookies. he's gunna be a good inside player

ny3nyk

Rotation player
im guessing chris paul. he'll make more of an impact than bogut because hes playing for a worse team.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
its not gonna be nate cuz hes not gonna get enough minutes to put up good enough numbers.

most likely it will be bogut, but i think bogut will never be an all star, and will never really become a 20 and 10 guy. his ceiling is not very high.

portega1968

El Cacique
Chris Paul hands down...and there's a rumor the Hornets may be playing home games in Puerto Rico, si I'm really hoping for the Knicks and Hornets in San Juan.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i thought memphis and miami are going to play in spain or some other country. anyway, definitely chris paul or deron williams

NYKnicks15

Starter
Deron Williams will win rookie of the year this year...that's my prediction and here's why.

Marvin won't start most likely, Frye wont start most likely, Felton will be a role player, Villenuva is in Toronto, Robinson is a back up to me it came down to three people...Bogut, Paul and Williams. Now Bogut I think will be a tool. Sits under the basket, not being strong enough and getting his only chances to score via TAP INS FROM SIMMONS, MASON AND REDD'S HACK SHOTS. He's not tough enough to do it any other way. Unless he gets dirty and also creative...especially with no ASSIST minded point guard in site, or point guard in general for that matter...Now it came down to Chris Paul and Deron Williams..and Deron won my choice because of 4 reasons...

Mehmet Okur, Carlos Boozer, Andrei Kirilenko and Gordan Giricek.
He's now THEIR leader and with players like them all he has to do it feed them the ball a few times a night to rack up the ASSISTS. Aswell as being a creative player Deron can create his own shots and drive to the lane strong like not too many else. If i remember correctly hes also a decent defender and decent is good in this league because no one plays D to start...so with components such as ASSISTS, POINTS and possibly STEALS Derron will have a good chance to win this years rookie of the year award..

portega1968

El Cacique
ny3nyk said:
i thought memphis and miami are going to play in spain or some other country. anyway, definitely chris paul or deron williams

The preseason game you're referring to (Memphis and Miami) will be played Oct. 14 in Puerto Rico. Had to pay $120 for each seat, which is alot for a frikin preseason game. Hopefully, Shaq, Gasol, Wade and company will all play and give us our money's worth. The fact that these teams traded players makes the game more interesting.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
the thing going for deron williams is jerry sloan, is one of the best, if not the best, coach in the nba. im reminded of john stockton, who was never the most athletic guy, the best shooter, or really the best at anything. sloan's disciplned system and utahs talented roster in fact will make deron seem better than he really is. it will be like steve nash getting the mvp even though he was probably only the 3rd best player on his own team. point guards often get credit when they come to teams with talented rosters, or blamed when they are on teams with lousy rosters (like marbury, who is a great player, hes just never had the talent around him to make him look good).

still, i think it will be bogut. he will simple put up better numbers. deron wont score enough points, and in his rookie season, i dont expect him to get more than 10 points and 6.5 assists, which wont be enough to win the rookie of the year.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
It'll be tough for Nate to win rookie of the year coming off the bench, but Ben Gordon came close to doing that last year.