Is it possible......

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
I making a prediction that Stephon Marbury at the 2 spot will be in the top 3 or top 5 in scoring, at more that 25 points per game, He's a great shooter who has never in his career shot the ball alot , if he cant put up more shots he can average 25-30 ppg and lead this damn league, but he has to get past wade, and tmac, and maybe kobe, and of course ai.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
theres not way marbury is gunna b averaging 25-30 points a game. no way. yea around 22pgg is reasonable. if marbury does average 25-30ppg, that prolly means we have like a 20-62 record. the ball isn't gunna b moving a lot and his fgp isn't as hot as it should be.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
im guessing marbury wont play the 2, seeing how we dont have a pure point guard like steve nash or tony parker. but if he were to, i predict a solid 19 pts and 8 assists. hes not going score as much if hes playing defence. btw, todays sept 11, there will also be a charity game for hurricane katrina

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't see Steph averaging 10 assists. Beyond the pick and roll and penetration for his own shots, he doesn't do anything else above par. He's streaky, but lacks decent D, not that reliable a 3point shot in crunch time, doesn't make teammates better.

He better have the right attitude and learn from Larry, even more if he's at the 2spot. He may be able to average 25-30 pts, but how much will he allow his defensive assignments to score?

His minutes should be managed (33 a night through the AllStar break) and split equally between both guard positions.

I stand by my wish to trade Jamal, Sweets, Penny, TT, picks for two AllStar-caliber big men (Gasol and Curry), which would give Nate more minutes at PG and more minutes for Steph at SG.

Steph
Q
Ariza
Gasol
Curry

Nate
Lee
Jerome James
Rose
Taylor
Frye
H20 (or replacement)
Butler to DLeague

Without Houston, the Knicks are in dire need of a reliable shooter in the clutch. Suggestions?

Somebody in the mold of Indiana's Sarunas Jasikevicius would be the missing piece. That dude can play. Indiana won't be missing Reggie with him on board. I wish the Knicks would do better international scouting (Weis? ja).

ny3nyk

Rotation player
a clutch shooter we could use would be robert horry, but as we know he resigned with san antonio. but in clutch situations we could rely on marbury and crawford for their free throw percentage, and richardson and thomas's 3 point shooting are totally underrated

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
in my opinion, steph, jamal, Q and TT all choke at crunch time. not that i dislike them or anything...its juss true. houston is so much more reliable at the end of games

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
if steph has a role like allen iverson often had in philly which is to be a scorer and not really a point guard, i could see him getting 25 points a game. however, that would mean that he would have to be a little more of a ball hog, and hed probably end up getting only 5-6 assists a game. i do think marbury is at his best when he takes it strong the the hoop and plays aggressive. EVERY good player is a ball hog. jordan was a ball hog. kobe is a ball hog. if marbury can put up his 25 points a game, which i do think he is capable of, hopefully nobody will have any problem with him.

in fact, that is what i think the knicks should do - make marbury primarily a 2, with craw and nate handling the 1.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
get off of crawfords nuts............he has improved his shot selection if n e of you guys acually watched any knick games last year......the only problem ive seen when he takes 2 many 3s was when he was kinda in a slump and hed just jack em up to get his rythum.......but it will all change....

and when JC played the point last year.....he did a great job in doing that

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
I dont see Steph changing much this season. 20-10 giv or take a few should be it 4 him. and Crawford did improve.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i saw some video clips of craw with nate...it showed me that crawford isnt really an arrogant sob...he seems willing to defer to other guys...i think we weill see craw and nate have great chemistry on the court. they should both come off the bench, together. they will provide a huge spark, especially because they would be much better than any bench players on opposing teams.

thats the one thing the knicks have over ANY OTHER team in the nba. we have a really deep bench, especially at the smaller positions. many of our bench players could be starters on many other teams.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"its called shooting percentage over his whole fricken career"

Hahahaha u gotta be ****in kiddin me......u no u get fg % points for uhh lets say.....MAKING A LAYUP....witch is wut marbury does alot.....he takes it to the basket and lays it up......ur an idiot....marbury is an above average shooter but hes not a great shooter.........marbury is gonna do wut hes always done take it to the basket witch i dont understand movin him to the 2 will acually do....

o and the video clips i posted them early dis munt or in august.....if u scroll down or go to the next page u could see em.....there also on k4f witch is were i got em from

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
the starting lineup 2005-2006 season will be:

PG-Marbury
SG-Crawford
SF-Richardson
PF-Rose
C-James

the secondary lineup of 2005-2006 season will be:

PG-Robinson
SG-Penny or Houston
SF-Thomas