Anybody else waiting for ESPN NBA 2K6 to come out?

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I had a blast with 2K5, they had everybody from last season beginning of the season roster except for Ariza. This year the roster should be awesome and with all the new additions.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
im more exited about nba live 2006. dont know about you guys, but i prefer the live series over espn

NYKnicks15

Starter
same here, I am a fan of the live series compared to the other series...and "dasilva" just explained why without trying...
NBA LIVE HAD TREVOR ARIZA IN LAST YEARS GAME!!! :)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i never played espn before, what's the difference?
btw, did you guys downloaded the roster patch which includes our draft picks? frye is a monster under the hoop and nate robinson can penetrate incredibly. not to mentio q.rich :)
I love my new team

www.nba-live.com

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
getting both games.. imo, epsn is better u cant beat a $20 price tag and the dunk contest in live gets boring wen u memorize all the good dunks hopefully they improved that yeahhh go sixerss lolz j/p

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
live is way better........the only espn game i like over EA was nfl 2k6........cuz madden is not that good of a game

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
The espn games look more realistic. The last live game i played was 2004 for ps2. Some of the players didnt look that real and the player ratings were inaccurate. The espn games have excellent graphics and accurate player ratings. When does the game come out? I'm still playing 2k5, but the knicks are going to be a much funner team to play with on 2k6.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
KnicksFan20 said:
live is way better........the only espn game i like over EA was nfl 2k6........cuz madden is not that good of a game

theres no such thing as espn nfl 2k6...madden bout out 2k6 so they could get more sales

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
The new 2K6 is coming out in the end of the month like in 13 days or something like that. Should cost around $40 bucks. I used to be a NBA live fan until I played the ESPN NBA 2K5. After that I won't go back. Plus nothing could beat the price tag of 20 bucks when it came out compared to like 50 for NBA live. Plus I heard that NBA Live comes out too soon so all of the offseason trades will not be in the game where as ESPN will have everything already updated when it comes out.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
I've been playing NBA live since itz debut 4 sega/snes in '95. I started w/ NBA Showdown, Bulls vs Lakers, Charles Barkley StreetJam?, and NBA JAM. Since NBA Live '95, i've been hooked. Since then i've been to lazy to update all the rosters and create rookies, so I jus upgraded/updated annually w/ each NBA Live that came out. I borrowed ESPN NBA 2k3 (AI cover) from my brother in law. I played for 3 minutes, and decided to throw it out. Live pretty much does it for me. Madden games are pretty ill too. EA Sports......its in the game.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
definently more of an nba live man, just because i play on the comp and playing online is automatic, and pretty sure the 2k6 isnt out for PC

But yall gotta realize Ive seent the graphics for NBA LIVE 06 in stores for the PS2 I know cause Ive played the demo the players are much smaller....it looks alot like live 2000.....and NBA live 98....for Sega...as far as the character size and head shapes...the facial graphics are very close to the real thing...free throws are much easier than ESPN 2K6....but also keep in mind its better to alley oop in 2k6 than in Live 06...and I think thats what makes ESPN version much better. True NBA Live has always been pain in the ass when it comes to having to update your roster and makes the trades yourserlf but when you can have MJ in the game going against Dr.J and Darnell Griffith...who should be in Live 06 hopefully....its a much better value at the $50 than the $20 for ESPN 2K6.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
live should only be 40 first off

second there were a few messups in last year versions witch should be fixed

the hop step
the ally oop
and not being able to take it to the basket n gettin blocked (i no they fixed this)

Live is a way better game then nba 2k6.....its more in depth and more exiting......

there were like 4 differnt dunks in 2k5.....

live=the better game.....but ill prolly get 2k6 as well