2 More Offseason Moves?

Would you like these offseason trades to occur?

• YES, to both of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, get Curry but NOT Snow

• NO, get Snow but NOT Curry

• NO, to either of them

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
knicks_logo.gif

Two More Offseason Moves?

It looks as though the Knicks mite be in deal for two more players in the offseason...Eric Snow :( ...and Eddy Curry :)

cavaliers_logo.gif
eric_snow.jpg
...Eric Snow is Larry's dream at the Point guard position and my dream player to stay on the cavs haha. We could obtain him now due to the signing of starting PG Damon Jones (Cavaliers). Isiah is very skeptical due to his large contract (4 years-25.7 million.) and will only take him if the trade is PERFECT. Meaning they get something else with him (ex. draft pick, cash considerations, another players, mle etc). OR he can get rid of garbage for him...like the contract of Malik Rose for instance. (3 years-19.6 million). This would move Stephon to the SG and Snow to PG leaving Robinson, Crawford, Q-Rich, Penny and Houston fighting for the back up positions. Honestly I understand why Larry would want him (defense) BUT this is exactly why Larry never took the Cleveland GM job.

bulls_logo.gif
eddy_curry.jpg
...Eddy Curry is actually a player Isiah (aswell as myself) have been drooling over for quite sometime. To make this happen we would have to convince the Bulls to sign him for the 5 million dollar exception and accept a trade for Maurice Taylor or possibly Malik Rose. I think they'd take Taylor. Due to his heart problems he should come at a low price, but just to reiterate his heart condition is under control and truly not that big of a deal. I honestly think this will be a steal and if it happens I will have a tear slowly drop down my face leaving a blue and orange skid along the way haha :lol:

ny3nyk

Rotation player
no to snow, yes to curry! we should defenitly try to get his services but at a fair price. currys relationship with crawford should make both better players. the bulls probably would not accept rose or taylor or any other power foward now they signed songaila and harrington. i say this is the perfect opportunity to dump hardaway. and a better solution to our point guard needs? i say bob sura. 6'6, can step back to shoot the 3, and can play hella defence being 6'6. but it seems houston has all the pieces to the puzzle and is ready to be a title contender

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
we dont need n e of them.....with curry we get a big man who can score who cant rebound

but we have a pf who has a good postupgame like curry (aka sweets) and is already a good rebounder

and dont even mention snow.....we dont need him he is straight up trash

NYKnicks15

Starter
but dont you think that if we can get curry we should?
when all we would lose is say Rose or Taylor, possibly Penny?
I think its ludicrous to think other wise...and heres why.

Sweetney may have the same post up game but hes also 6'8!! and if we can get someone with his talent at 6'11 + more athletic im all for it!!

Now if we're talking about getting rid of Malik Rose (a 6 millon dollar, 6'7, 31 year old power forward) or Maurice Taylor (a 9 million dollar, 6'9, 29 year old power forward) FOR EDDY CURRY a (5 million dollar, 6'11, 22 year old power forward/center) I dont see how everyone is not going to agree with this?

It's not like we are losing a PG for another PF, its not like were losing a SG for another PF, its not like were losing a SF for another PF, we are losing a PF to get a PF/C! and a better one than anyone on our roster...cmon guys

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
nyknicks......do u acually think the bulls will take MO TAYLOR OR MALIK ROSE.......ARE U KIDDING ME??????

yea we would love that.......but n e gm in there right mind would

1.laugh at you on the phone
2.Talk to the press and laugh about the situation
3.Tell his 3 year old son and laugh
4.send in a video to zeke pointing and laughing at him
5.come here and laugh at us for thinking it was possible.....

if we want curry but we are going to have to give up sweetny and prolly a 1rst rounder and in my eyes

SWEETNEY>>>>>>>>>>>>>CURRY

if u want to hear my explanation y sign up for k4l or sum........it will never happen......

why would they want 2 veterans for a good scoring 22 year old 6'11 player

mo taylor is like 29 and malik is like 33?

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.......NEVER!

NYKnicks15

Starter
well you make a good point....wait thought about it, no you didnt.

first off learn the rules of the salary cap jack***, you cant trade rose & taylor both for Curry. lets see 15 million for a 5 million dollars. Does that work to you genius?

ive read a few articles now that no team is persuing Eddy Curry due to his heart condition being uninsurable..now ill break it down for why Jim Paxson would make a trade like this..to make sure you know who im talking about im speaking of the Chicago GM, the same Jim Paxson who traded Rose, Marshall & Baxter for JYD, Davis & Jeffries...haha
1. Curry's medical condition
2. No body else is urgent to take him like the Knicks
a.) Paxson has dealt with Isiah before
b.) Several options such as Rose, or Taylor, cash or draft picks
3. What ever we give them could be a step in the right direction
a.) Rose? Veteran leader, professional, defense, playoff experience
b.) Taylor? Big PF, great scorer, 9 million off the books in 2 seasons
c.) Draft picks? More youth to build upon
4. Getting him for whatever they can
a.) Medical issues are scaring teams away
b.) Eddy Curry is disgruntled in Chicago
c.) Scott Skiles is NOT fond at ALL of Curry

Maybe they would want Sweetney and you know what, I'd give him away for Curry any day. I am a HUGE fan of Sweets but seeing they are accordingly equal to you, they are NOT to me. Curry does it with 3 more inches on him

Here's what the team would like with Malik Rose...
C Tyson Chandler/Malik Allen/Darius Songalia
F Antonio Davis/Malik Rose/Othella Harrington
F Luol Deng/Andres Nocioni
G Ben Gordon/Eric Piatkowski/Eddie Basden
G Kirk Hinrich/Chris Duhon/Jannergo Pargo

Here's what the team would like with Maurice Taylor...
C Tyson Chandler/Malik Allen/Darius Songalia
F Maurice Taylor/Antonio Davis/Othella Harrington
F Luol Deng/Andres Nocioni
G Ben Gordon/Eric Piatkowski/Eddie Basden
G Kirk Hinrich/Chris Duhon/Jannergo Pargo

still not too bad, plus you have to believe they are looking for another PF if their skeptical of Curry's health...I think Taylor & a first round pick would do it...you can disagree but i just have a feeling

portega1968

El Cacique
Snow would be nice 'cause of his defense and the opportunity of sliding Steph over to SG, but his long contract may be too long (isn't it 5yrs?).

Curry's post game and size have potential. No way Chicago is taking Malik or Mo for him. They may go for Sweets and picks. We'd need an allstar PF to complement Curry's game. I don't like the heart issues and average, but there is a lack of allstar centers in this league.

I'm leaning to go forward as it is now and see what develops before the trade deadline. We may jump on Curry by then, or grab a proven allstar that becomes available.

Fact remains we need to get strong players for both the PF and C positions. Sweets and James are not good enough.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Curry would be a nice pickup for the knicks. Granted that he doesn't pull down as much rebs for his size, he is an offensive powerhouse and is still very young in the learning curve. Being 6'11, 285 lbs is always another plus!!!
Right now he's averaging 16pts and 6 rebs in 28mins - If he can play 35-37mins a game, those numbers can shoot up to 22 and 9 easy.

If the knicks can get him on the cheap, then they should be all over that.

Shaq once said that when he leaves the NBA, Curry would the only one who could come close to filling his shoes - to get an endorsement like that from O'neal - you know u got to have skills!

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Taylor or Rose or Sweetney, plus a draft pick, for E.Curry? Hands down, excellent move for both teams. Nyknicks15 explained everything there is to know bout the trade speculations. Who will b our(knicks) starting PF? Sweetney/Rose/Taylor are our top canidates for our starting PF position. Should we start Frye/Lee? TT at PF, QRich at SF? With Snow and Curry, I believe it's gonna come down to one or the other. Not both. Both deals would be excellent. If we do land both Snow and Curry, the Knicks would definatly be in good contender position come '07/'08.

Yo Knickfan20, relax. Der's no need to comment on NYknick15 the way you did. If you diagree w/ him, then say so and explain why. You dont gotta make it personal and try 2 make him look stupid. You make it seem like you know all the answers. Keep practicing Dynasty/GM mode on Live, w/o turning off the trade restrictions. Den maybe you'll understand the $$$ salarycap factor.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
first off i never said to trade mo and malik so get ur facts straight.......

2nd the team would neva do that......

3rd....maybe i wus outta line to get at him like dat..but all i wus doin was sayin that the trade would neva happen.......

4rth off.....um ITS CALLED A SIGN AND TRADE... i believe the bulls are over the cap and can sign him then trade him......so wit da sign and trade happinin they will take a higher contract but its legal

5th off........I NEVER SAID TRADE THEM MALIK AND MO TAYLOR.....NYKNICKS15 DID...jus incase u din see me say it da first time.....

6th off.......sweetny may not be the most dominate player but he will produce for us and will do just fine.....risking a good player for a player who has serious health problems is a huge risk...yes curry is a good .........OFFENSIVELY but w/e

NYKnicks15

Starter
KnicksFan20 said:
why would they want 2 veterans for a good scoring 22 year old 6'11 player

1st off...i believe you said that..and im pretty sure that means why would they want Rose and Taylor for Curry...its easy to get the facts straight, when you can just scroll up

2nd off...your saying "the trade that would never happen" could happen because they can sign him for whatever price and trade him for both Rose & Taylor? Isnt that contradicting yourself? and yes they COULD do that..but if you do your hw more importantly know your basketball, Curry is going to except the 5.14 guaranteed 1 year contract and have his agent still pursue sign and trades...

3rd off...you did talk about trading rose and taylor BOTH. or tried to make it seem like i said that (refer to "1st off" and the YOUR quote"

4th off...yes Sweetney is good. I enjoy his play a lot. and if he wasnt 6'8 nor over weight i would be even more fond of him...plus do your research "heart arrhythmia" is not as serious as YOU think. I have it! My aunt has it. my mother has it. its ONLY the heart beating irregularly. either too fast, slow or just off beat. a matter of fact new methods of procedure are showing you can get it controlled (medicine) or even eliminated (surgery)...once again do your research on "serious medical issues"...

5th off...please learn how to type proper english. this is a place where fans would like to intelligently read a post and reply...NOT look at a post wonder what the hell it meant and sit there confused for 15 minutes..

don't come at me man, i will shut you down :lol:
have a good next post
go knicks!

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
everything u just had posted......has proven nothing

DUH....I NO U CAN DO A SIGN AND TRADE

DUH....I NO I SAID THE BULLS WOULD NEVER TAKE MO OR MALIK FOR CURRY

DUH....I SPEAK HOW I WANT..IF U DONT WANT TO READ THEN DONT LOOK AT MY POST

DUH....U DIN SHUT NO ONE DOWN FAM...U BASICALLY SAID A LOT OF BS ABOUT NUN..U PROVED NO POINT

"1st off...i believe you said that..and im pretty sure that means why would they want Rose and Taylor for Curry...its easy to get the facts straight, when you can just scroll up "

lol....wtf duz that acually suppose to mean...

the only real thing u could say u got me on is the whole heart condition thing....but if u think about it..if u already have an unnormal heartbeat that beats fast.....and if ur runnin on the court witch would make it beat even faster........um.....

COULDNT THAT BE A PROBLEM......i mean im sure the knicks trainers and doctors no more about this heart condition then u do....so if it was "ok" then they would of givn zeke the ok and by now we would have curry......

next time u come at me.....provide a decent combak ......u absulutly said nothin.....u basically repeted wut i said and said.....no ur rong

likei said u aint shuttin no one down....just bring dat **** sumwhere else.....u can argue all u want.....i dun posted my opinion and if u aint coo wit wut i gotta say....den try to "shut me down"

NYKnicks15

Starter
i want you to re-read what I wrote. aslong as you have above a 2nd grade reading level I'm sure you'll understand it if you read it thoroughly. Seeing you couldn't the first time, I'll give you a second chance.

avoid everyone elses and just read our back and forth posts and tell me honestly what I said made no sense..please do.

"1st off...i believe you said that..and im pretty sure that means why would they want Rose and Taylor for Curry...its easy to get the facts straight, when you can just scroll up "

lol....wtf duz that acually suppose to mean..

if you had read the quote i took from your post above that statement you WOULD understand it.

and "fam" that had to be the most ignorant post i've ever read. and being a moderator, it seems ive read a lot...I really have no time to reiterate what Ive said over and over, nor argue with someone who knows nothing about basketball and IF happens to cant come across an intelligent way to say so...SOOOO

personal feelings aside people, from now on whatever you post in this topic put a small answer at the bottom of it saying who wins this arguement between me and KnicksFan20. appreciate it thanks...so we can end this

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
OOOOHHH....knicksfan20 just got posterized by NYKnicks15!! In ur face FAM!! U kant argu. All the post are right der fam, read it.

:moon:

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
is dat all u can say bout me.....the way i rite.......dis is da way i talk so its da way i right....srry i wunt grown up in a rich fancy ass house and shit.....but dis is how i talk and imma right like it iight.....

2nd off......U MADE NO SENSE WIT DAT QUOTE.
"its easy to get the facts straight, when you can just scroll up " "

wut facts.....wut facts are u talkin about......u still havnt brought me no facts..........I SAID THAT TRADING MALIK OR MO TAYLOR WOULD NEVER WORK CUZ N E TEAM WOULD NEVA EVA TAKE THEM FOR CURRY...........

and u gonna sit back and call me ignarent.....or say my postin ignarent cuz of da way i talk....iight instead of "fam" ill exchange it with DUDE.....would that make u mo comfortable......????

make a decent arguement against me instead of....learn to to speak english......iight "dude"

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"OOOOHHH....knicksfan20 just got posterized by NYKnicks15!! In ur face FAM!! U kant argu. All the post are right der fam, read it. "

haha yea.....right......u dun suckin nyknicks15 ****

NYKnicks15

Starter
alright see this is why i left the last post, i said the conversation is over because you were no longer bringing facts and just pretty much yelling about nothing. all this is turning into is you getting defensive and talking about the way you "right" (write), (which ive only mentioned twice) this has nothing to do with how horrible you write its more of that lack of **** you know about basketball. actually the lack of good argument you bring, you havent made me rethink my statement ONCE, all youve made me is angry...

yea scroll up, to re-read what you wrote. you said you never said something and i was implieing i could just "scroll up" and reread EXACTLY what you said.

ive made no valid points??? what have you made? all you have said was they wont take them cause they will laugh at you, and then got overly defensive about your lame post. would you like me to reiterate the facts i brought up??? ill put em loud and clear, dont need to buy no speakers at Sam Goody's to hear this **** ok?

--Sweetney may have the same post up game but hes also 6'8!! if we can get someone with his talent at 6'11 + more athletic im all for it!!
--Malik Rose (a 6 millon dollar, 6'7, 31 year old power forward) or Maurice Taylor (a 9 million dollar, 6'9, 29 year old power forward) FOR EDDY CURRY a (5 million dollar, 6'11, 22 year old power forward/center)
--No team is persuing Eddy Curry due to his heart condition being uninsurable
--Reasons Curry is available...
1. Curry's medical condition
2. No body else is urgent to take him like the Knicks
a.) Paxson has dealt with Isiah before
b.) Several options such as Rose, or Taylor, cash or draft picks
3. What ever we give them could be a step in the right direction
a.) Rose? Veteran leader, professional, defense, playoff experience
b.) Taylor? Big PF, great scorer, 9 million off the books in 2 seasons
c.) Draft picks? More youth to build upon
4. Getting him for whatever they can
a.) Medical issues are scaring teams away
b.) Eddy Curry is disgruntled in Chicago
c.) Scott Skiles is NOT fond at ALL of Curry
--Curry is going to except the 5.14 guaranteed 1 year contract and have his agent still pursue sign and trades
--"heart arrhythmia" is not serious. its the heart beating irregularly. either too fast, slow or just off beat. a matter of fact new methods of procedure are showing you can get it controlled (medicine) or even eliminated (surgery)

THERES ALL THE FACTS I BROUGHT FORWARD IN THIS TOPIC...PLEASE SHARE ONE BESIDES FOR "IT WONT HAPPEN THEY'LL LAUGH AT YOU"!!!

...and dont come at me with the rich house and dude BS because its not even like that. nor do you know me. i grew up in the slums of NY ok "fam" yet I still dont talk like that "dude". its called respect boolakasha b***h haha

JaboloPR

Rookie
Yo, I prob have no right to get in this, cuz I hardly even post here, but I'll apologize in advance... even hough I think I can say something useful...

I like Eddie Curry for the Knicks. Problem is, I like Sweets too. I'd hate to see him go, cuz of what's happened before with Camby, Nene, Ewing, we always seem to gt screwed in the end. So I don't know. If we can get him for one of the pf's that doesn't fit into the rebuilding process, that would be good.

Snow, I don't know. I wouldn't do it. We have Steph, Nate, and Crawford. Steph can be one of if not THE the best when he wants to.

...........About the other stuff..........
NYKnicks15 was actually the one to bring up the subject of trading Mo or Rose, but he never said trade both of them. He also explains himself (not too well) in his next post after KnicksFan20 lashes out.

for real son... you're wildin. You're crazy. (Knicksfan20) How u talk has nothing do do with ignorant stuff like coming at him with that 1)They'd laugh in your face 2) Their family would laugh in your face 3) Everyone would lagh in your face etc. It has nothing to do with the fact you're madd aggressive for no reason. I've seen what you've written in other posts, and it's the same thing. Because I wasn't really paying attention to who said what, I sympathised with you then. I was thinking, "yo get off his ass donchris." But moving on, it has nothing to do with the fact u can't even spell ignorant.

At the same time though, you might lash out just to get a reaction from people. Just to be irritating. For real, son... don't bring that shit up about where u were raised. It's nonesense, and you know it deep down inside.

Next, why is it you're always the one involved in the arguments? Is it that everyone's against you, or is it something with (inside) yourself? You need to get off that. Think about it after you calm yourself down, son, and let it sink in.

I hope it didn't seem like I was attacking you but I tried to tell it how it is, and if it came out as an attack, my bad. Just know it wasn't....