View Poll Results: Do we need another Point Guard?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, move Steph to the 2

4 40.00%
  • No, let Steph play his natural position

6 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting to the point..PG???

Default Getting to the point..PG???

if we are so thirst for a PG(which i dont agree on when we have nate and crawford who could play the PG)why dont we try to get jay williams....he is not expensive and he is better than snow wit the accident

its time we get a quality player, not an available decent player. its like saying would you have kg or or damon jones and larry hughes. obviously kg would be the better pick. jay williams doesnt have that explosiveness anymore so that would hurt his defence wouldnt it. plus, its better to have a big point guard like crawford, makes them mroe versatile, like pennys old days or the current marko jaric who i would like with the knicks

from someone who personally nos jay williams...we bof from plainfield newjersy......he still nasty i just seen him over the summer workin out playin in da rec gym n ****.....tryin to get him wouldnt be bad

the knicks are not thirst for a pg, they are thirst for a C and a PF. they need someone better than frye and james. they need someone like curry.

i meant to say that people in here are sayin we need a PG...how bout a suggestion? does any body remember frank williams? we should give him a shot

Veteran

i dont think its so much of us saying we need one, more than Larry Brown saying he wants Steph to play the 2 and needing a "true" point guard like Snow as our starting PG. Now say that is the instance which i hate the idea horribly..i'd actually give a few people a change a bunch of unprovens actually. they come cheap and if they dont work out you go with someone else. Surprsingly and this mite sound weird but would go with someone like Troy Bell or Dan Dickau. They could split the time well with Nate...I think Frank Williams has been a discussion around this forum for quite some time due to his heart, good passing skills and defensive toughness. i think hed be a great option aswell...BUT

my first option is still and always will be Stephon at the PG and Q-Rich at the SG..

i am not going to start an arguement here and argee wit u nyknicks.......we need someone with heart......someone like

latrell spreewell
    john starks
    or the late great JYD

they all had heart.....and its that love for the team that will have them diving on teh court fightin for lose balls.....never givin up and that is wut the knicks are missing......

yea people say marbs has heart......hes from BK hes a homegrown player ect. ect. but i havnt seen his heart on the court yet........im not knockin his game......im jus sayin

yeah we reallii do need another pg cuz its not like we have starbury or jamal crawford or nate robinson right??? (( i wish there was a sarcasm font))

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

The Knicks are hungry for a point guard. We've got the center spot filled. But if Marbury moves to SG, which will most likely happen, then point is vacant. The only choice that I can see at this point is Snow or Crawford at point! As far a Richardson playing SG, the question comes to mind who is the better scorer, Richardson or Marbury? The better scorer should play SG.

How can all of you say marbury isn't a true pg? How many other players in the league average 8 assists? A point guards job is to pass the ball and thats what marbury does. It would be stupid to move marbury to shooting guard. How many 6 foot 2 sg's who can't dunk that good are stars in the nba? Marbuy is a TRUE pg and i strongly disagree with anyone who thinks hes not a pg and he shold be moved to the shooting guard position. Just think about the questions i included. The answers conclude that we dont need a pg because we have one.

i dont totaly disagree wit marbury movin to the 2 cuz even though he is 6'2 and can't dunk....not many people who are 6'6 and that could dunk could stop him cuz when steph drives in is very hard to stop.....(remember AI is barely 6 ft tall barely dunkin)

I think the idea is just to get Marbury moving without the ball in his hands and to get the ball moving more period. Last year Marbury dominated the ball. It seemed like on every possession Marbury dribbled around for a while then drove to the basket and either shot or passed. Not so hard to defend when you know what's coming. If Marbury's in the backcourt with Nate or Crawford you can have a more traditional/ old-school approach with two guards either of whom can run the offense or play off the ball (like the Spurs). This could also change Crawford's role, and his role will definitely change in some way because I don't see Larry letting him take 7 3-pters.

Veteran

moving Steph to the 2 makes a weird situation with the likes of Q-Rich, JC, Nate, Penny, Allan and even Ariza..

if steph moves to the two then q-rich will start of play backup to Tim leaving Ariza out of the loop. WHICH I DONT WANT.

if steph moves then JC will definetely be the odd man out, which I think he will be anyways (sadly) due to Brown's strict mind set/1st impressions.

the thing you have to remember about stephon is that even though taller than AI...Steph is not that quick! He cant run around people like AI could/can. I think Stephon is a very talented player just the facts are facts. and Stephon will NOT be successful at the 2 spot...

dont worry ariza and Q will ge there minutes......

JC will get subbed for JC and marbs will be moved to the 1 and Q will play the 2 when JC is on the bench....then ariza will play the 3 like normal......

but marbs movin to the 2 makes everything complicated...i jus dont like it......but well see preseason how it turns out

I reallii want Marbury to play the 2.. Last yr he was taught to pass first and most of those assists came from kurt thomas.. Now with him gone starbury could now focus mostly on scoring.

And i wouldnt be that upset to see a bench of nate robinson, TT, David Lee and company