Benchwarmer
see what you think of these lineups
this is a run and gun sort of lineup with reasonable size and scoring ability
pg stephon marbury
sg jamal crawford
sf quentin richardson
pf tim thomas
c jerome james

or if we get curry play him at the 4 because he will be teamed with a good shot blocker/rebounder in jerome james

pg ????
sg marbury
sf richardson or thomas
pf eddy curry
c jerome james

NYKnicks15

Starter
if we get Curry I would definetely incorporate him to the starting line up. but who knows if it will happen, right? (see my argument with the moron in the thread "2 more offseason moves?")

we have to think about Larry Brown here. Hes not a run and gun style of coach he loves the D and rightfully so...but with NO more roster changes id like the roster to look like this..

C Jerome James
F Mike Sweetney
F Trevor Ariza
G Quentin Richardson
G Stephon Marbury

if we got Curry Id replace Sweetney and him. I think Tim (if he played D) would be a better fit at the 3 then Ariza (starting atleast) just because the fact hes 6'10. BUT since I think Brown will fall in love with Ariza and his enthusiasm to steal, block and do all the other unstatistical factors of the game hell get the start..

i actually like that line up especially with Frye, Butler, Rose, Taylor, Lee, Thomas, Crawford, Hardaway & Robinson coming off the bench.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
I dealt w/ dat moron too on the TT topic. He does have his points. I stopped hatin. That's y these forums are fun. I agree w/ nyknicks15 on many occasions. And, again my reply is "ditto". Honestly that's prolly how itz gon wind up if we get curry or not. And yes, our team has a pretty decent bench. You 4got about Allan Houston tho buddy. lol. What is it, another month till the preseason? I kant wait to watch and see who larry decides to start w/. I know im not the only eager Knicks fan goin nuts right now kounting down the days till the season starts....47 more days till the season starts btw.

NYKnicks15

Starter
100% agree, that is what makes this forum fun. the ability to argue a point back and forth with "another knicks fan".

forgot about Houston? such strong words used here haha. its not as much as forgot more on the lines of..well reality. the dude has no legs, i personally just dont think hell be on the roster...BUT if he happens to be and actually play for that matter or contribute I will be the first one to say "man I love Allan Houston" haha :lol:

yea i really think Brown will come to like Ariza, and will also realize Steph at the point is better than a 6'2 SG. Plus the whole SG position will be settled the first week of training camp I think. I like Crawford BUT Q-Rich is a little taller, a little thicker, more accurate, and has been in a winning atmosphere before unlike crawford who has yet to see a season with 40 wins.

47 days? ha thats awesome, let the countdown begin. :gony:

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
a yo nyknicks get off my nuts.......u havnt even produced a decent arguement to ne thing i have said.......

and ny333334 i aint even gonna start on u

and to get back on topic.......

i dont on if it would be the greatest idea to start quinten and tim thomas.........imo i would like a good scorer who is on the bench.....yes we can mix up bench players with starters......but i would jut like a good scorer on the bench......

nate could be that scorer....but we dont no yet
frye could be
ariza could be
houston could be (if healthy)

but in my honest opinion.....i would rather have this on as the starting lineup

C-James
Pf-Tim THomas
Sf-Ariza (im not sayin hes better then Q....)
Sg-Marbury
Pg-Crawford

if i were to have it my way

C-James
Pf-Tim thomas
Sf-Ariza
Sg-Q
Pg-Marbury then have jc ride the bench to provide the scoring against the 2nd wave

NYKnicks15

Starter
let me make it perfectly clear, no one is on your nuts nor am i trying to be. relax the point of these forums to disagree and strike conversation..

and finally we agree on something sort of..
Ariza at SF, Q-Rich at SG, Starbury at PG..
the only thing i disagree with is Tim at PF, yes he is 6'10 and i keep hearing this idea of Tim at PF but can someone explain to me the last time they saw Tim Thomas play defense was??? Even an arm in the air? Nor does he play strong, the nickname TINY TIM rings a bell. Its because he is soft, and no amount of boxing lessons he took to get back at Aaron Williams or Scalabrine or whatever loser knocked him down in the playoffs will help him accomplish playing at the PF. As I have said before Tim Thomas is the embodiement of talkent and the perfect model NBA player but he doesnt play up to those feats nor does he play like a 6'10 240 person.

Who knows though maybe Larry will see his next Rasheed in Tim. A struggling player just in the need of direction and the right coaching. A long forward with unlimited skills, and shooting ability along with athleticism...then again...maybe not...

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Well we cant get Chandler since he resigned with the 'Baby' Bulls so I think we should make an effort into tryin to get Curry

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i've been reading somewhere that the raptors are rumored to be shopping rose... rose can avg a solid 17 5 5. we could give up thomas and rose for rose and the a-train. just a thought to keep our line up big, and replacing thomas with a quicker more versatile 6'8 swingman who can actually play the point guard position pretty well. not to mention we get rid of rose's fat contract. i think sweetney is very well capable of starting, and a healthy taylor and aaron williams can be suitable backups:

1-marbury
2-richardson
3-rose
4-sweetney
5-james

and i am against marbury switching to the 2 if happen to aqcuire rose, i said it 500 times and ill say it 500 times more, its doing the opposite of what we want! making the line up smaller!

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i llike tim at the 4 and here is y

1.as u said he has a big strong body

2.his lable is soft.....but from wut i seen the second half....with him driving/backing down/dunking on people......if he could carry that to this season...he could be a dominate player

3.He may not be a defensive threat......but most people who play the 4 are a lil slower and less quick then someone who plays the 3 spot...puttin time against sumone his size and slower then him could put him in a better defensive position

4.With him playing the 4 spot.....that means anothe pf would have to guard him......(they dont have 2 but is a pf gonna guard ariza or q?) with tims versatility with him being able to take it to the basket....or step behind the arc and nail a 3.....he could be a great offensive weapon

5. the knicks like 2 run the pick and roll......tim is a good shooter........it could work out vey well with him

6.yes he only grabs 4 rbs a gameand 12 pnts a game but he only averages 26 mins a game.........
if he was to be givn more PT and put at a rebounding postition where he would be under the basket.....he could easily bring down respectable rebounding numbers.....say he gets 35 mins a game his numbers could look like 16 pnts 8rb 2 ass.

7. a follow up on #4....if tim is on the outside that means the pf will follow him.....meaning 1 less big man in the key to stop a penatrating player

8.he had some family problems last year.....it seems to me he learned to play past them.....but the first half last year was a fluke imo.....the 2nd half tim is the tim i believe we get this year.....

NYKnicks15

Starter
very valid, and most importantly true point...i like tim a lot and i hope he gets a chance but i just dont see Larry Brown who put him in the doghouse when they played for eachother in PHILLY to give him a big opportunity like that.. :(

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Are we still defending Terrible Timmy again! This is like a bad episode of the twilite zone. I think I know this one, let's see, Houston plays Jesus and Thomas is John the baptise, and Jerome James is Peter right! OK back to reality. Thomas had his time and that time is gone. Yeah he'll get a few minutes and get his little ego back just to be traded in the mid-season. The idea of Tim playing PF is absolutely ridiculous. He'll get crushed! I think 15 said it before, the guy doesn't play "D"fence. That's quite possibly the worst idea I've read up here. No wait, there was that one comparison of Robinson to Kid. That's the second worse idea I've read up here.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Tim has to start to improve his value by trade deadline and don't forget this is contract year which means he is going to work extra hard to get his money.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
I agree Tim wont be a good fit at PF because look at his body hes too skinny and cant play D. You think he could really hold guys like Duncan Jermaine O'neal or Chris Webber when hes healthy

ny3nyk

Rotation player
small foward is tim thomas's natural position, not power foward. if he focuses on playing the 4 this season, it takes away the true potential thomas has playing under brown. thomas had more than a few 20+ pt games. he can create sooooo many mismatches against 3s like mike dunleavy, ricky davis, paul pierce, or any other small foward with a 6'7 or 6'8 frame. playing power foward, he has to deal with duncan, garnett, and chandler. in his contract year, i predict a season avg from thomas a 16-5-2

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
he has the body of a pf.......plz explain to me why he cant play pf......and tim thomas is not skinny.....

he can create alot more mismatches playing against sumone whos slower and cant beat him off the dribble......witch would improve his defense....

NYKnicks15

Starter
the new age PF is faster though or very long, ex. Rasheed, Duncan, Bosh, Howard, Okafor, Haslem even..i think as that would be the case if he played Center, much like Kurt did its not here...thats why Kurt was so successful because of his speed compared to Centers and his ability to shoot before the slow Centers could get to him...

Yeah "Way" Tim Thomas is NOT skinny. He's an athletic freak @ 240 lbs. I think Tim should stay at the SF because he can create those mismatches even at the SF, any remember how he roughed up Kirilenko in that Utah game near the end of the season? man he beat his a** practically. I'm not against Tim at the PF except that he does play soft aswell as the fact that at 6'10 we get a huge edge at the SF position with him playing it...and also that his body size can make up for the fact he plays soft and with no D at the 3 spot..unlike the 4 where hed get well it handed to him..

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
KnicksFan20 said:
he has the body of a pf.......plz explain to me why he cant play pf......and tim thomas is not skinny.....

he can create alot more mismatches playing against sumone whos slower and cant beat him off the dribble......witch would improve his defense....
yeah but how would he play guys that can post up on him and he hasnt had any experince at the 4

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
NYK Way said:
KnicksFan20 said:

yeah but how would he play guys that can post up on him and he hasnt had any experince at the 4

TT would be better off playing Golf.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
we don't even need tiny tim for crying out loud. he does have tremendous potential and he is very very athletic....but potential doesn't do any good for you and athleticism doesnt do you any good when you dont use it the right way