Looks like no Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Start Curry at more than $13mil a season!! - NYpost

Isiah has to be crazy....
Right now Curry is worth about $6mil max.

NYKnicks15

Starter
very happy this trade was rejected i know we need a big man and im very fond of Curry but Sweets & Timmy for them? That disgusts me and furthermore scares me knowing well have these expiring contracts and Isiah mite use them like this...(then again it was for a quality big man) but that was too much..

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
NYKnicks15 said:
very happy this trade was rejected i know we need a big man and im very fond of Curry but Sweets & Timmy for them? That disgusts me and furthermore scares me knowing well have these expiring contracts and Isiah mite use them like this...(then again it was for a quality big man) but that was too much..

I agree 100%!! Isiah was willing to give him 13m a year?!? No one in the league was willing to give him more than 4, just for 1 year, and Isiah has to be the one GM that goes over the top! It's like the same ol' story over and over again!! It is trully scary to think that he would waste TTs expiring contract and sweets on Curry!!! I think this is a sign of things to come and it makes me worried that he will bring in more stupid contracts like a Malik Rose or a health risk like Curry, where we would be capped out with a guy sitting on the bench, just like Houston! Why can't he just be patient and wait to see who is available around the trade deadline?!? Does he really have to make a move just to make a move....

Trin_Starr

Starter
The NYpost now has it that Isiah was willing to give up a 1st rd pick but now Paxson wants a player like Lee or Ariza.

If Isiah gives up Ariza, I will have to walk up to him in the tunnel in the garden and bitch slap his dumb ass...

It always seems that Paxson plays tough and freakin' isiah always folds in to meet his demands

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
I swear to god........if isaih duz give up ariza i will join u starr but i will not only ***** slap his ass...i will criple him........

WHY GIVE UP OUR FUTURE.............WE DONT NEED CURRY..........

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea paxson also says he was NEVER offered a Tim & Sweetney package to begin with..and said even if so it wouldnt work salary cap wise..

expect a deal of David Lee & Mike Sweetney FOR Eddy Curry to go through by Monday, i think Isiah will give in and give that (which i love Sweetney but Id rather keep timmy than david lee..

if he gives up Ariza which i dont think he is stupid enough to do not only will i come all the way from Virginia back home to New York to join you I'll slap Larry Brown's senile self for good measure and David Stern for letting the trade go through..

man you gotta love knicks fans :)
GO KNICKS!!!

ny3nyk

Rotation player
bulls interested in ariza, lee

chicago is supposedly interested in our young players such as trevor ariza and david lee. and for eddy curry? now i know isiah wouldnt give up one of our prized possessions and possibly the next face of our franchise. like in the other post, tim thomas and mike sweetney for eddy curry is ridiculous. i have faith in thomas and sweetney that they'll both have very productive numbers this year. yes we need a center, but eddy curry doesnt fill those shoes. im content with our team so far and im pretty sure hardaway/rose/taylor/possibly thomas will be shipped out soon for another center.

DRAFT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
Knicks after Curry AGAIN

October 1
New York Post (registration required): "The Knicks and Bulls continued serious discussions yesterday about a sign-and-trade for Chicago free-agent center Eddy Curry, sources said."

October 1
Chicago Tribune (registration required): "Eddy Curry's agent continues to pursue a sign-and-trade for the Bulls' center, and apparently he will keep pushing for it right up to Monday night's deadline for qualifying offers."

October 1
Chicago Sun-Times: "Eddy Curry's agent continued to lobby Friday for Bulls operations chief John Paxson to accept a trade offer from the New York Knicks, a team one source said wouldn't require Curry to take a controversial DNA test."

October 1
Daily Herald: "The team spent the week trying to trade Curry, according to a league source. But dealing the restricted free agent will be difficult."

I kno these newspaper rumors arent always true.. But its hard to deny if 4 or 5 different articles say the same thing. IMO i hope this trade doesnt happen cuz i bet that thomas will offer him like a 15 mil contract fer 2 yrs or something like that

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Eddy Curry is a good, solid player and he would be a nice addition to the Knicks. However to give up Trevor ariza would be just another classic Knick move. We have a player that could be a real star, both offensivly and defensivly. Eddy Curry is also not worth 13 M a year, especially with his heart problems. If we trade expiring contracts, and good players to get him IT IS NOT WORTH IT. I hope Isiah realizes this and stops letting the Bulls b**ch us around.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i knew it. i called it. i told you all, check my previous post.

chicago is too stingy, i knew they would want way too much for curry.

and i knew that isiah would be willing to vastly overpay curry to get him.

im glad it didnt happen, but i knew it wouldnt all along.

thwax

Benchwarmer
Careful now guys about the 13million!

It actually is real good smarts on Isaiah's behalf... it's called front-loading the contract, that appeals to Curry with his heart situation, it helps the bulls take one of our contracts (Timmy), and it helps us because we get Curry whose heart actually sounds like it is good.

Of course Curry isn't worth 13 mill per season, but Isaiah won't pay him that, this is just like the Hawks giving Joe Johnson 20 mill for the first year. The 13 mill is great for us cap wise, because it mean a large chunk our his salary is paid in the first year, and this year our cap is already shot, so who cares but Dolan.

If the Bulls take Timmy and one of our first rounders, I'd finally say that the Mohammed trade worked not to bad, let's see:
Mohammed, Timmy, late first rounder 2006 for Curry, Malik Rose and Lee (not that bad)

What i like is that we loose Timmy (SF - we have too many: helps Q and Ariza)
We solve our PF position with Curry

Starting 5:
Marbury: 6'2 (Nate)
Crawford: 6'5 (Houston)
Q: 6'6 (Ariza)
Curry: 6'11 (Sweetney)
James: 7'1 (Frye)

That lineup is MUCH better than: Marbury, Q, Timmy, Sweets, James

I think if Isaiah can pull this deal off, WE WIN BIG TIME!!!!!

hoop115

Benchwarmer
It would be great to get Curry, but I just read that the reason they're shooting the deal down is b/c instead of a pick 1st round pick next year, they want Ariza or Lee.

For some inexplainable reason, Isiah isn't parting with either. I completely understand not wanting to give up Ariza, but David Lee is another question. I would give him up in a heart beat to get a legitimate center.

If the trade goes down (TT, Sweets & Lee), the starting 5 should be

1 - Marbury (Nate)
2 - Houston (Crawford)
3 - Q (Ariza)
4 - Frye (Rose)
5 - Curry (James)

A. If Larry Brown has confidence in Houston, then we should too. Crawford is too erratic and hoist's up too many shots to be thrown into the mix with Steph & Q.
B. Curry is a legitimate post player. He commands double teams when he is on the block. James should not be a starter! In 16mpg last year James was only able to muster 4pts & 3rb per. Those are nut numbers of a starter.
C. No one on this team can rebound. Frye should be the starting 4 just by default. I've read numerous articles on how would be the ideal PF for NY. He has a decent J to set up the pick & pop w/ Steph. He's athletic enough to take it to the hole to finish on a pick & roll w/ Steph. His one-on-one D needs work, but his help-D is supposed to be a strength. With Curry's big body in the post, he should be able to get some easy putbacks and grab some boards. There won't be too much pressure for him to come in and be a focal point since he would most likely be the 5th option. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, he is exactly the type of player that Brown likes to have on the floor, long & athletic!

thwax

Benchwarmer
I agree, if Houston is 100% healthy, LB will definitely start H2O over Crawford.
I would play Curry at PF though, with James at center

Trin_Starr

Starter
I'm happy the trade talks have stalled a bit, because Chicago wants way too much for Curry. Freaking Paxson has to realize that Curry does not want to be on the Bulls anymore. The knicks are the only team trying to get him.
The bulls will sign him for a year in which he will definitely create negative chemistry on the team.
He is damaged goods and the longer this process drags on, the more Curry's trade value drops.
TT's expiring contract and sweets is more than enough for Curry.

Isiah needs to stick to his plan and let time be his asset. As soon as time is running out, Greedy ass Paxson will realize that it's more than fair what he's getting and will take it. Isiah just needs not to be rash in his decision.

All isiah has to do is play his cards right...Paxson can't afford to keep Curry
1. For the negative chemisty
2. For the long DNA arbitration case that will occur
3. The lawsuit Curry will file against the NBA and bulls organization for compelling him to produce confidential info, not required by other players.

He would rather trade him, but he is too greedy in what he wants!!!

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
james, curry and tiny tim at the 5, 4 and 3 will make us probably the WORST team in rebounding in the entire nba. all three of them are pathetic rebounders for their respective positions.

rebounding is probably one of the most underrated statistics there is. its like an extra possession...imagine if a team averages 3-4 less possessions a game because of poor rebounding...it could be a couple of points that makes or breaks every game

watch what u wish for, knick fans, with that starting lineup, we will have watch a TON of plays where the knicks should have rebounded the ball but the other team stole the ball away.

sweetney is a GOOD rebounder. he is a VERY GOOD offensive rebounder. if given enough minutes, he could average close to a double double. he might not score as many points as curry can, and hes not the greatest defender, but i really dont think curry is this phenomenol player and sweetney isnt.

i'd do a sweetney for curry deal straight up, but really, not much more.

i hate it when isiah always seems to get smacked around in all the deals he makes because he is so desperate to land some possible star who is really not as great as isiah makes him out to be.

NYKnicks15

Starter
riight anyhow, talks have come to a halt as Thomas doesnt want to give into Paxson's demands. According to sources its not a Sweetney&Lee trade that would land Curry, but a Thomas, Sweetney & Lee trade that would land Curry. (Or Ariza). Thomas doesnt not want to give up Lee as Larry Brown is very fond of him. Thomas is still pushing a Tim Thomas, Mike Sweetney & a first and second pick. Bulls said they would extend the deadline, meaning they are more interested then you think...

we also would get Eric Piatkowski or Janerro Pargo in the trade...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Hoop 115

"For some inexplainable reason, Isiah isn't parting with either. I completely understand not wanting to give up Ariza, but David Lee is another question. I would give him up in a heart beat to get a legitimate center."

I wouldn't give them any player with a pulse for Curry!!! Why?? Because no Knicks player has a heart condition that could end their career at any given time!!! If there isn't any weight to that, and he is fine, why is Curry's agent pushing so hard for a LONG term contract? If he is ok, why not play out his 1 year, prove everone wrong, and collect on a HUGE pay load next season?? Stromile Swift (while not having a health condition) wanted to prove that he was more valuable then what the market was projecting him to be, so he signed with Memphis for 1 year to prove himself. If Curry is fine, why not do that!?! He is in his early 20's, not 30's so he would only be investing in his future. It's because his agent knows that he is sick and is trying to find a dupe to gime him a long term contract so he (curry) can sit at home and make millions. I have a perdiction: Curry will retire due to medical reason within the next 2 years! They think he might have the same condition that Hank Gathers had!

Status
Not open for further replies.