View Poll Results: Who's the best New Knick?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Channing Frye

1 4.76%
  • Jerome James

0 0%
  • Eddy Curry

8 38.10%
  • Antonio Davis

0 0%
  • David Lee

2 9.52%
  • Quentin Richardson

8 38.10%
  • Nate Robinson

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

Veteran

Default Training Camp

New York Knicks
    2005 Training Camp
    ---The Roster, getting ready for training camp in Charleston, SC, has been shaken up just a little bit over the past hours or so. Mike Sweetney & Tim Thomas will not be joining them as they will be in Chicago (to stay) and Antonio Davis & Eddy Curry will take their place. (see front page )

---The Knicks will also bring along 5'10 160 Guard Steven Barber & 6'8 225 Forward Otis George. Both were members of our summer league teams in Vegas & Minnesota. Both are NBA rookies and seeing our roster situation will be competing with Jackie Butler for the remaining spot.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]---Jerome James, Stephon Marbury, Penny Hardaway & Quentin Richardson

“If, on a certain play, I’ve always gone left and I still want to go left but he tells me to go right, I go right. Basically, it’s as simple as that.” -Stephon Marbury

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Considering the lack of good, young centers in this league and his tremendous upside, Eddy Curry would be the obvious choice. Nate Robinson is also someone who will be able to change a team's worh ethic (a natural motivator and showman).

However, I just have this feeling about David Lee. He dominated at the rookie predraft camp and is a strong sleeper at this point. I'm going out on a limb here and will listen to my gut feeling that screams at me the words "watch out for David Lee".

If Curry stays healthy and can average atleast 15ppg 9 rpg and 1 bpg then he would be our best new knick.

However, I just have this feeling about David Lee. He dominated at the rookie predraft camp and is a strong sleeper at this point. I'm going out on a limb here and will listen to my gut feeling that screams at me the words "watch out for David Lee".[/quote]

I agree with this

Veteran

---Allan Houston joined the Knicks today, find out for how long and how he feels afterwards.

---Penny joins Allan in this interview to speak on the feeling of training camp this season.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

In 2 of the pictures you can tell Channing Frye added some muscle mass..

---Both have arrived at Training Camp today, good news for the Knicks in many ways!!!

---Knicks have signed SF Matt Barnes (free agent who played in Sacramento & Philadelphia last season). He is expected to compete along with Butler, George & Barber for our remaining roster spot. Training Camp roster is now at 18.

---[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mo Taylor looks slimmer. Ariza and Frye seem to have added some muscle mass. I really expected Jamal Crawford to bulk up a lil bit over the break. Q looks better in orange &blue. Brown seems to be content w/ how the team looks so far. Im really excited. What is it, 28 more days till the season openner?

I think all of our young guns are gonna step it up this year. I love Nate Lee, and Frye. I hope Q is a nasty as he was on the Clips, and u know Starbury will get his. The sleeper still is Ariza, i love his game, if he could get his shot a little more consistent i think he could be an all star. I was so happy when we got curry and Ariza didnt get traded.

Veteran

INJURIES AT CAMP
    ---Count builds up to THREE. THREE is the number of New York Knicks who have recieved strained hamstrings in Training Camp. Originally just "Q" has now added Center Jerome James & Point Guard Stephon Marbury. All potential starters this year. Sprain hamstrings are nagging mostly annoying injuries but nothing that will hurt the team in the future (knock on wood), all should be fine soon

Veteran

---Jamal Crawford & Isiah Thomas give big insight on the Curry situation and his first day at camp..

---Coach Larry Brown speaks on the "devestation" facing Antonio Davis...

Good signs from Training camp
    mms://msgvox2.cv.net/msgnetwork.com/10_2005/curry_presser_1007.asf

Somewhere at the one minute mark in the vid, they show Curry posting up Frye - Poor frye is getting thrown around like a rag doll! lol, but what I like is that Frye jumps and contests the shot anyway - making Curry miss.

If we get Frye and Curry out on the floor at the same time, we can expect good things.. from what ive seen and heard, they should be able to cover what each lacks, thankyou, we have big men now!!!

Veteran

LATEST CAMP INFO
    10-10-05

Veteran

LATEST CAMP INFO
    10-11-05

is it weird for anyone else to say the words "Knick Rookie"? Let alone be excited about them