• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
New York Knicks
2005 Training Camp
tran.jpg
eddy_curry.jpg
antonio_davis.jpg
---The Roster, getting ready for training camp in Charleston, SC, has been shaken up just a little bit over the past hours or so. Mike Sweetney & Tim Thomas will not be joining them as they will be in Chicago (to stay) and Antonio Davis & Eddy Curry will take their place. (see front page :))

steven_barber.jpg
otis_george.jpg
---The Knicks will also bring along 5'10 160 Guard Steven Barber & 6'8 225 Forward Otis George. Both were members of our summer league teams in Vegas & Minnesota. Both are NBA rookies and seeing our roster situation will be competing with Jackie Butler for the remaining spot.

mediaday_051003_qrich.jpg
mediaday_051003_jamessk.jpg

Training Camp Interviews---Jerome James, Stephon Marbury, Penny Hardaway & Quentin Richardson

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
“If, on a certain play, I’ve always gone left and I still want to go left but he tells me to go right, I go right. Basically, it’s as simple as that.” -Stephon Marbury

portega1968

El Cacique
Considering the lack of good, young centers in this league and his tremendous upside, Eddy Curry would be the obvious choice. Nate Robinson is also someone who will be able to change a team's worh ethic (a natural motivator and showman).

However, I just have this feeling about David Lee. He dominated at the rookie predraft camp and is a strong sleeper at this point. I'm going out on a limb here and will listen to my gut feeling that screams at me the words "watch out for David Lee".

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
If Curry stays healthy and can average atleast 15ppg 9 rpg and 1 bpg then he would be our best new knick.

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
However, I just have this feeling about David Lee. He dominated at the rookie predraft camp and is a strong sleeper at this point. I'm going out on a limb here and will listen to my gut feeling that screams at me the words "watch out for David Lee".[/quote]

I agree with this

NYKnicks15

Starter
camp_051005_300.jpg

More cool photos from training camp
In 2 of the pictures you can tell Channing Frye added some muscle mass..

eddy_curry.jpg
antonio_davis.jpg
---Both have arrived at Training Camp today, good news for the Knicks in many ways!!!

matt_barnes.jpg
---Knicks have signed SF Matt Barnes (free agent who played in Sacramento & Philadelphia last season). He is expected to compete along with Butler, George & Barber for our remaining roster spot. Training Camp roster is now at 18.

larry_brown.jpg
---Larry Brown on training Camp, the trade and more

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Mo Taylor looks slimmer. Ariza and Frye seem to have added some muscle mass. I really expected Jamal Crawford to bulk up a lil bit over the break. Q looks better in orange &blue. Brown seems to be content w/ how the team looks so far. Im really excited. What is it, 28 more days till the season openner?

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
I think all of our young guns are gonna step it up this year. I love Nate Lee, and Frye. I hope Q is a nasty as he was on the Clips, and u know Starbury will get his. The sleeper still is Ariza, i love his game, if he could get his shot a little more consistent i think he could be an all star. I was so happy when we got curry and Ariza didnt get traded.

NYKnicks15

Starter
INJURIES AT CAMP
stephon_marbury.jpg
jerome_james.jpg
quentin_richardson.jpg
---Count builds up to THREE. THREE is the number of New York Knicks who have recieved strained hamstrings in Training Camp. Originally just "Q" has now added Center Jerome James & Point Guard Stephon Marbury. All potential starters this year. Sprain hamstrings are nagging mostly annoying injuries but nothing that will hurt the team in the future (knock on wood), all should be fine soon

Trin_Starr

Starter
Good signs from Training camp
mms://msgvox2.cv.net/msgnetwork.com/10_2005/curry_presser_1007.asf

Somewhere at the one minute mark in the vid, they show Curry posting up Frye - Poor frye is getting thrown around like a rag doll! lol, but what I like is that Frye jumps and contests the shot anyway - making Curry miss.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
If we get Frye and Curry out on the floor at the same time, we can expect good things.. from what ive seen and heard, they should be able to cover what each lacks, thankyou, we have big men now!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
Alright one last thing before I lock this topic. Read this off the Knicks site and its a VERY good sign of the all around status of the knicks. players excited to play! teamwork! defense! frye saying the word dude atleast once a sentence! curry working hard! penny smiling! hahaha its the end of the world!!! take a look, and enjoy.. :)

Practice