GAME THREAD: PRESEASON - 10/16/05 -L- DAL(104) @ NYK(102)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

6:00 PM, October 16th, 2005​

mavericks_logo.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS (1-1)
jason_terry.jpg
doug_christie.jpg
josh_howard.jpg
dirk_nowitzki.jpg
erick_dampier.jpg
TERRY---CHRISTIE---J.HOWARD---NOWITZKI---DAMPIER

@

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (1-0)
jamal_crawford.jpg
anfernee_hardaway.jpg
quentin_richardson.jpg
malik_rose.jpg
eddy_curry.jpg
CRAWFORD---HARDAWAY---Q.RICHARDSON---ROSE---CURRY

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Mavs Team Stats
Mavs Team Notes

TV: MSG network
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Im really hype about this game. Get to see the new look Knicks. I checked this time. The game is gonna be televised on MSG network. :gony:

NYKnicks15

Starter
according to the Official Media Game Notes..
Marbury is QUESTIONABLE---Skin Infection
James is QUESTIONABLE---Strained Right Hamstring
Houston is OUT---Left Knee Pain
Davis is NOT WITH TEAM---Personal Reasons..

I also read reports Davis will be here since he has been getting fined since yesterday but that does not necessarily mean hell play..

Probable Starters according to the Media Notes..
C Eddy Curry
F Malik Rose
F Quentin Richardson
G Penny Hardaway
G Jamal Crawford

could change after the great reports Ive been hearing/reading about Brown & Ariza. but expect Rich to still get the nod. Expect Rose to still start though even after his lackluster showing because Maurice Taylor is still not 100%. Jamal will remain at PG unless marbury shows up (dont think he will) or for some reason Nate gets the nod, which is highly unlikely...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
.. if i would be able to watch the game on tv, i would use my tv tuner to capture some moments from tonight's game.. you guys are catching my drift? :p

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
yes...if MSG didn't get blacked out on my Dish package I would do the same...oh if only someone had the game....subtle, yet effective, hint...I hope

rady

Administrator
Staff member
44-36 in the beginning of the 2nd quarter.
Richardson had 10 pts & 3 rebs, Barnes scored 7 in only 3 minutes played

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
our lineup in the last 16 seconds of the game, with us down 102-100,

Frye
Lee
Ariza
Barber
Robinson

Nate with two big free throws!!! yea baby!!!

ny3nyk

Rotation player
pure bs. diops shot was no way in hell good. im just happy robinson did his thing scoring 19 pts.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
ny3nyk said:
pure bs. diops shot was no way in hell good. im just happy robinson did his thing scoring 19 pts.

if u want to complain about something, complain about keith van horn taking twenty steps without putting the ball on the floor, even though lee still played him perfectly, it was just unfortunate that the shot went in (and it did go in before the buzzer)

NYKnicks15

Starter
incredible incredible game. we were in it with a big West team all the way down to the final (incorrect btw) second..

diop? and we were gonna sign that idiot!

anyhow i cant blame it on diop. i can blame it on injury (richardson/james/even steph)..AND free throws! we cant miss free throws!! theyll be shooting a 100 next practice. i dotn care if nate hit two big free throws he also missed one critical one!...good showing though..

i really hope davis leaves to make room for both Butler & Barnes

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
I was impreesed with all the 1st round rookies and Ariza hustling after every loose ball, and the crowd was in the whole game, and lee's and nate's critical missed free was big, but these games don't mean nothin.

im new here...whats goin on guys

Real happy with the game tonight, like mentioned before, the mavs were using theyre best players...not being able to easily take down a team using mostly rookies and no-names doesnt look real good for them. the crowd was definately into it

i dont know about channing frye floating around around the perimiter he seems to like those outside shots...id rather see him bulk up and hit the paint

real optimistic this year as i am every year...and hell if its another tough season ill always get a kick out of listenin to Clyde

and yeah van horn's goofy legs took a billion steps...

ny3nyk

Rotation player
also noting on peach, they let sooooooo many fouls go after dampier was obviously punching and pushing curry. i dont blame curry for those turnovers, terry was a big hack. but the guys that really made an impression on me was david lee, nate robinson, and especially matt barnes. 6'7, plays hard defence, hustles, can fly high, and shoot the 15 footer as well as the occasional 3. david lee was a beast in the paint scoring in double digits and fighting for looseballs, he also had a couple of steals that led to fast break points. robinson did his thing and looked comfortable on the court. also, welcome koolmoedee99 to knicksonline, its a great site

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
great game...did anyone catch dirk throwing elbows at lee.... lee should have picked him up and drilled him into the ground right there