Thread: Brewer's Back

Veteran

Default Brewer's Back

From the official nba site for the knicks...

NEW YORK, October 14, 2005 – New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas announced today that guard Jamison Brewer has been signed as a free agent. As per club policy, terms of the deal will not be disclosed.

Brewer, 6-4, 180-pounds, is a four-year NBA veteran with career averages of 1.6 points and 1.0 assists in 54 career games for Indiana and New York. Last season, the Knicks signed the East Point, GA-native as a free agent on Aug. 27, 2004, but was traded to the San Antonio Spurs on Feb. 24, 2005 in a three-player deal.

The roster is now at 19....

very confusing move to me, 19 players now and unless a trade is brewing (no pun intended) this is a very weird move. maybe that ratliff trade will happen. Training camp is over so a practice squad is unnecessary..Roster is at 19, like stated above, and the means 4 will have to leave...its clear that Antonio Davis will be gone..18..most likely Otis George & Steven Barber were signed for training camp only...16..if we never signed Brewer the roster would make sense...but i guess it comes down to Jackie Butler, Jamison Brewer, Matt Barnes, a trade OR perhaps Allan Houston's retirement?

i like jamison brewer, he had a similar role to ariza. quick, high flying, and a spark off the bench. he can play defence, and will be a suitable back up

read on insider that the knicks are pressing hard for Ratliff, any legitimacy to this?

who would we give up? maybe we can package james.

Veteran

yea there is a great deal of legitimacy to it, in the "2 more offseason moves" thread discussion has began on it..i really doubt Brewer will remain with the team though, i think hes a good hustler, gives effort in D but besides that hes NBDL/Journeyman bound. I think he truly is just a filler in a deal (the ratliff) pending...

i dont really remember him being a highflyer by the way...

well i remember against the cavs when we were going through that horrible horrible december, (lebron was out with an ankle sprain) brewer just dunked on somebody who i forgot but i know he did it with such force he almost sprained his wrist

hopefully he and nate can have a pre game dunk contest for the fans, cuz basically thats all brewer is here for....

Superstar

yeah i mean hes not gonna be a huge gamechanger but hes gone now....so thats that. im really liking our roster tho, except for a extra pf and maybe james we have a great team, could use a lockdown guard but watever.