Should we get rid of Antonio Davis?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
Well well Antonio Davis will show up today and wear a Knicks uniform after all. He has been fined by the Knicks each day he missed practice. Curry now wear the number 34 hopefully giving Davis another reason to get the hell out of here. I know the situations at home are tough but deal with this professionally (hell even Timmy did it the right way)..I dont really respect him, i dont like him..buy him out for cheap, waive him, trade him I dont care...get an open roster spot so we can have both Jackie Butler & Matt Barnes, good athletic kids who just want to be here and play..

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think they should do to him what they did to penny last season. Put him on the IL and then tell him to go home, don't be around the team.
His $13.9 mil expiring contract is too good to pass up on...
Come February, we might be able to get someone good to make us a more complete team. That expiring contract would come in handy.

By the way, I hope Matt Barnes is on the team come Nov 2nd - his game is nice.

NYKnicks15

Starter
its just disappointing that the President of the NBPA wont even show up haha. Deal with it professionaly and well have no problems. few new reports on the subject..under CBA ruling (which Davis was President while making haha) you are fined 1/90 of your contract if you miss pre-season games by choice. that means Davis is already out 600,000. I'm sure hell show up for the game against the 76ers ;)

people around the league believe Isiah wont buy out his contract unless he can save several million on it. As well the fact that he wont do it until 1 week before preseason ends. Making his nemesis Paxson suffer the next 20 days before they can resign Davis. :lol:

thwax

Benchwarmer
I say we've got to keep him... the trade was really:
TT for Davis and Sweetney for Curry
I'd take that anyday... come trade deadline we'll have both Davis and Penny for salary cap teams... hopefully one can be for Ratliff (however we'll have to trade JJ away)
Man, how times change, that if we got Theo we'd have too many centers :)

Antonio will have with defensive, have our great young guys (if his attitude is good)

I know this is a different thought to this post, but aren't our three draft picks and Ariza playing great! That's 4 young developing players for LB to coach 'the right way'

THE KNICKS ARE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION :)

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Isn't Davis in the last year of his contract? If we can't get him to play here, I don't think we should just let him off the hook so easily. He's making $13.9MM this year. Only way I'd agree to working out a buy out is if we save $8MM-$10MM. Otherwise, we should keep him and bench him until we can dump him off to the next team in mid season. He could be interesting trade bait for another team looking for salary cap relief.

NYKnicks15

Starter
one expiring contract is enough to get what we want. we let one expire (davis via release/buyout) and we use penny to acquire whoever we want. Why do we need 2 13+ million dollar contracts that expire? do you think well pickup a 26 million dollar player? who is out there that we can get legitimetaly with those? Ratliff if at anytime we can get now. I also dont see the point in it when we dont know what THIS team can do. why trade trade trade. where can we upgrade? PF? I just think we should wait and get this cancer of Davis out of here. why keep some guy around here who doesnt want to be here, who wont have his heart/mind here..just because we have a shot to land Raef LaFrentz haha some nobody who has a big contract just for the hell of it?

i say get rid of em, we still have pennys contract, and keep both Butler & Barnes for the year. anyone else its time to get sum players who are young/cheap and are just happy to play their hearts for us? instead of some old bitter veteran with a big contract?...maybe thats just me

thwax

Benchwarmer
I agree NYKnicks15 in terms of we need to stop trade, trade, trade... i just think that it will be good to have those chips (Davis and Penny) in case we need them... for Theo and possibly Al Harrington at PF.

The Hawk look to be shopping Harrington in the future, we give them Davis and pick up Delk (they have Lue and JJ for the PG)

My point is it won't do us any harm to keep them, and if need be let us let a little salary fall off our books :)

I think that we have for the first time in years, a lot of young guys that could gell, play together for a long time all with upside.

Knicks who are 25 or younger:
Eddy Curry (22)
Jamal Crawford (25)
Q (25)
Frye (22)
Nate (22)
Lee (22)
Ariza (20)
Jamison Brewer (25) - not sure if he is a trade add-in
Steven Barber (25) - not sure if he'll make the team - playing great

NYKnicks15

Starter
Guess we can keep Davis now that Houston has retired :)
so it works out for all of us..we get to keep Barnes & Butler which makes me extremely happy!!!

Trade sounds good Harrington and Delk for Davis and someone we can sign and trade such as Brewer. Delk is in the last year of his contract much like Harrington so we can always release Delk among arrival...the only thing is they get all this cap relief and do nothing with it..

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
id rather keep butler and barnes then davis......maybe even barber....he doesnt want to be here........dont make him

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Why would you want to keep a player that dosent want to be here stay here, but IMO he shouldnt butch hes making 13 million plus and hes complaining he dosent wanna be here cuz of his family just shut up and play.

Allen

Benchwarmer
Why is there such a rush to trade/release the expiring contracts of Hardaway and Davis?

With both contracts expiring and our relief from Houston's retirement, it looks like we have some money to play with in the next off-season.

Why don't we wait and see what happens before we make another move?

NYKnicks15

Starter
money to play with? we have no money to play with haha.
Houstons contract will be off the cap next season and so will Davis' and Hardaways...but thats still 85 million on the payroll (roughly)..last time i checked the salary cap is still at 49.5. itll go up just a small bit next year i believe but thats still roughly 35 million dollars we are over the cap..i dont see any money to play with, do you???

we talk trade penny or trade davis NOW or before deadline because if we dont we can no longer use those expiring contracts. we can resign them and trade them in the offseason BUT no one actually WANTS them on their team, they want the relief they can bring...the reason I was/am pushing the waiving/buyout of Davis is because he doesnt want to be here. he wants to be in Chicago. he hasnt showed up for a game yet and the only reason hell attend the 76er one is because Isiah is starting to fine him..I dont want a cancer to the team and i also would like a free roster spot to give a young, cheap and willing player a spot..

thats why we say trade them now, or release davis...

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
why does everyone want al harrington his contract is expiring and next year he will want big money when we can just keep penny and davis let their contracts run out and not have the highest payroll in the nba just let the rookies develop ariza by next year will be much better than al harrington and ariza hustles and plays defense something harrinton does not do

what about the hopefulness of lebron coming to NY... Crawford or Steph with our expiring contracts can leed to a sign and trade for LeBron.... HMMMMMMMMMM?!?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
well, few things. looks like he wants to play now. he played for larry before and brings what we need to PF - toughness, size and rebounding. also, his expiring contract is useful for trades (ie portland wants him not rose). hell be a good mentor to our young PFs (not necessarily professionalism tho lol)