H20 - hanging up the sneakers

hoop115

Benchwarmer
the Knicks better just send him off right.

BTW, how much do we get relief of his contract? Is it the full boat or is it like 80%?

thwax

Benchwarmer
Sorry to see him go... is the right decision, would have been awesome if he was healthy.

Go well H2O!

NYKnicks15

Starter
i posted this before, thought it was appropriate now..

""I dont believe ANY ONE hates Allan Houston. We mite hate his contract!..but we dont hate the person, the player. He was great for us but all good things come to an end. Sadly he falls in that category and sadly his knees fell a victim to that statement...

I know you are not reading BUT at this point I would like to take this time to thank Allan Houston personally for all he has done for the Knicks over the years and for truly being a class act through out his rehab, even attempting to come back early to help us out. I hope your knees will eventually get better and maybe even give you a chance to play for again. THANK YOU and GOOD HEALTH!!!""

FOREVER GREATFUL TO
ALLAN HOUSTON

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i hope he remains with us like jyd, but i think it was best for his health to call it quits. i think the knicks are making all the right moves right now, and im optimistic that david lee will get a starting spot

JaboloPR

Rookie
Definitely agree. Class Act H20. It's a sad day when you have have to accept a sad reality. Sad for him as well as his fans.

With him gone, its the end of an era. The last remnant of the Patrick Ewing era, the John Starks era, the Larry Johnson era, the Spreewell era will no longer be playing for us. Knicks fans have to get at least a little sentimental about it. But apparently and obviously, it was time. Our core is now under 30. It's a totally different team, that is (hopefully) ready to move on and up and create new great memories for the itself and its fans.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Game winning shot in the Miami Heat playoff when we were the 8 seed and they were the 1 st seed and Houston makes the game winning shot and we went all the way to the Championshop geatest Houston moment.

portega1968

El Cacique
I called it way back in July. The amnesty clause was not the way to go with Houston...giving him a chance to do it on his own, have insurance cover it and get two contracts out of the way was the correct alternative and it has happened (even though I was calling for Mo Taylor to take a hike).

NYKnicks15, I believe we have a medical exception coming, right?

I'm sorry to see H20 go, he gave us some nice shots. Hopefully, he'll stay in the game in some capacity.

Man I think you are all dellusional Allan Houston I never liked as a player his game was always too soft to play in a Knick uni....rarely did he play any hard defense..sure he could shoot but could never post up and just plain go to the hole and dominate as a good 2G does....I am glad to see him go its about time...he was never worth the amount of money he recvd..never lived up to any of it...and at no point was he ever truly a top 10 2G in the league for the money he recvd....Houston had only one great moment truly...if this is the measurement then LJ's 4 point shot has to be up there as well but LJ wont always be #2....Sugar Ray Richardson will always be #20 in my book now and forever...true he was a class act as a person...never could complain about that aspect of the man but as a player...to me his game never quite went to the next level needed to be a dominant 2G not only in the leauge but for The Knicks as well.

jayshyne

Rookie
im gonna miss dat dude
its a damn shame
does anyone have any classic allan houston footage
even though he played sparingly the last two years
when he did he had some moments.
i remember a few months before marbury came he scored like 18 straights points against toronto and was showin some rare emotion.
also when he hit the game winnin shot last year season against philly i think.
NOW we got a completely different team

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
I thought that we would have the best backcourt in the NBA,” team president Isiah Thomas said. “We never got a chance to do that.”
great quote by isiah...mad props

i know everyone knows im crazy about allan houston (as u can see in my username) and i'm devastated by the fact that i wont ever see him again on the court. but everyone's right, he just had to retire and i think it was the best for him so best wishes for allan houston. thanks for shaking my hand outside msg! thanks for all the heroics! thanks for being such a great person! thanks for the 50 points u scored when i went to the knicks game!! thanks for giving me excitement in the late 90's early 00's!!! thank you for playing for the new york knicks!!!! damn i'm gunna miss allan so much. Thank you for everything!!!!!!!

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
It's very sad to see him go, but Allan Houston will always be a rememberd Knick, and he sure gave us a ton of memories.

We will miss you Allan!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
JJtheKnick said:
i love you allen thanks for everything. your the man!!!!!!!!!

enough to spell his name right?? jk

as a relatively new fan.. about 3 years now, i must admit i have never had the chance to see allan at his best, or even fully healthy, however i have read the stories and have seen the clips of what he has done, and i will say that i am sorry i never got to see him do those things, but it is still sad to see him go

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
After watching some of Allan Houston's mixtapes, I feel like a part of me is missing. Hopefully he hangs around like JYD and Starks working w/ public relations etc. Most of us wanted to believe that Allan would recover, but we all knew inside that it was pretty much over for him. I hated him in detroit, but i loved him in NY. Really the only ones getting screwed is the insurance company. The winds of change are blowing. All the current Knicks have been brought in by Freaky Zekey. No more classic knicks. Hopefully we'll have more good timez w/ the new knicks. Hopefully 5 years from now we'll be discussing Jamal Crawford or QRich's game 7's winning shot. good luck allan. u are missed already.