year you got hooked

well im relatively new here and this may have been a topic before...but anyway...what year did you start following the knicks??

i went to my first game in '92, i remember watching the '93-'94 playoffs, and i began watching games religiously at the begining of the '94-'95 season

JaboloPR

Rookie
Since the 94 Finals. I would watch it with my dad, my sisters, and my mom. My sisters and I would make signs and wave them at the TV. My mom really liked Starks. Ewing was pretty ugly, but he was the man, so it definitely didn't matter. I rememb the knicks song. and seeing Riley in all these commercials. My sisters and I blamed the loss partly on our signs and on his making all the commercials.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
listening to you guys makes me feel like an old geezer...i've been watchin the Knicks since my freshman year of HS (1990)

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Oh my God...I am so fricking old...
I was a Celtics fan until 1985 ( I was 14 at the time)...but I was a much bigget Georgetown Hoya fan...and the second that the Knicks won lottery #1 and secured Ewing...well, I have been a Knick fan ever since....
and yes, I was watching when Ewing scored his first hoop (regular season game)....a putback dunk versus Moses Malone and the 76ers...
I my friends have been a Knicks fan for 20 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

portega1968

El Cacique
It seems I'm the really old fart here at 37yearsold.

I've been a Knick fan since I can remember back in the 70s. Many years suffering, especially in the 90s.

I'm still recuperating from the shock of reading the one guy who said he was in fourth grade back in 1999 (my daughter was already 4years old). Damn!!!

loumev

Rookie
Im 34 and I got hooked on the Knicks in '83. Bernard King baby! I really suffered through the years that Ewing, unfortunately for everyone involved, could never get enough talent to surround him. I've been hooked like a fiend ever since.

its cool to see that we got some age diversity in here...i was in high school when the knicks went to the 99 finals it was knick mania everywhere ...since then it seems that young knick fans are an endangered species because of the horrible past 3 years

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
When did it start? Hum.. That's a tuff one. I was born in Newark so most of my fam were Knicks and Nets fans, but I can remember actively following them during the NY Chicago wars. When Pat Riely came over. Ewing hitting 3's n s@$t. I even had Ewing's shoes. Had the black ones. They weren't Nike's or anything. He had an indepented deal with some no name shoe company. We called em E-wings.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
been a fan since as long as i can remember....im 18 now..born in 1987. i clearly remember following the finals in 94 and ive been a diehard fan ever since.