Thread: GAME THREAD: PRESEASON - 10/25/05- W - NYK(80) @ PHI(71)

Default GAME THREAD: PRESEASON - 10/25/05- W - NYK(80) @ PHI(71)

This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

7:00 PM, October 25th, 2005

NEW YORK KNICKS (2-3)
    MARBURY---CRAWFORD---BARNES---DAVIS---JAMES
    @
    PHILADELPHIA 76'ers (3-3)
    SALMONS---IGUODALA---KORVER---WEBBER---DALEMBERT

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

TV: MSG network
    RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

so far this preseason, when ive made a game thread we havnt won, lets hope we can brake this streak and get a win, i would love to see us at 3-3 and then finish the preseason with a winning record against the nets.

Yer would love to go into regular season with a winnign record, i got a good feeling about tonight, lets hope Frye can have a good game and nate can pick it up a bit

Sounds like Larry may go with more of a set lineup and rotation in these last couple of games...should be interesting to see what he is thinking...

Originally Posted by Ewing33
    Sounds like Larry may go with more of a set lineup and rotation in these last couple of games...should be interesting to see what he is thinking...
    he better, i mean really, i couldnt even find a picture of steven barber, i would really like to see our strongest lineup out there for atleast the last game if not this one.

dont forget what happened to 'dice when he was played for a few too many minutes in the preseason.

with injuries nagging qrich were not gonna be able to have our strongest lineup out there

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Tonight, above all, I wanna see a winning attitude, one born from the will to learn and improve every day.

Even if its only a preseaon game

We are mostly seeing this drive from our rooks rather than our vets. So a win tonight is a must even if it doesn't count. Rebounds and few turnovers should be the mantra to get the W.

I'm almost at the point where i like the 2nd unit better than the first unit. Butler and Frye have played well and nate robinsons rebounding is incredible for a guy his size. Ariza has shown his ability to rebound and defend. I can't wait to see tonights game after they beat San Antonio. I know it's only preseason but a lot of the knicks are playing like the game counts and it's good to see after the past 4 or 5 years.

i think the key is ball movement. either moving the ball around or moving the players around to get da open shot. the knicks seemed really consistant. i dont kno why the knicks shut down during the 2nd half. there's always that one quarter where everyone on the knicks plays half assed and we wind up holding the ball and attracting defense to apply more and more pressure on us. we need to improve our transition game. hopefully our super coach can do a super job and turn our team around. lets win tonite.

half time, playing great defence. the guards are hustling, especially matt barnes, hes playing great. james looks a bit rusty and curry is playing exceptionally well, a few turnovers. we should win this easily unless we fall apart on defence in the second half

awesome game and we got a win! Curry was a monster down low, the rookies did fine and continue to show progress. Jamal got his shots down. Barnes had a great game, offensively and defensively. Nate had a krazy put back tip in, i think he out rebounded curry on that one. but overall good game. horrible game for kutcher/korver. btw, Mo taylor woulda kicked the s*it out of nailon.

yeah the sixers were real sloppy, but a solid win. I got a little nervous when korver suddenly hit those two shots to cut it to 5, but the knicks kept their focus and held on. Nate was all over the place, Curry was getting it done, hope stephons injury aint serious...still gotta work on that turnover problem though

marbury had a shin contusion. probably nothing serious, we can count on marbury to come back because he's very consistent with his numbers and his games

Veteran

a few notes i noticed...
    crawford maturing? it seems so with his shot selection and reading the reports of him being very fond of Brown and his style as well as getting the point that u can score 85 and hold ur opponents to 80 and win, pretty good read. very happy for jamal because i was an advocate to ship him out thats when i believed he didnt have it in him to change his ways...currys just a beast and really showed how what his potential is when in shape. just needs to get there and well be good...also I'm not a Isiah fan club leader as I do defend him from time to time but hes an incredible talent analyzer or what? Our three rookies just more than expected and Matt Barnes? coming out of practically nowhere. Same with Jackie Butler...last i hate skeptics who say the team runs better without marbury, or marbury is a nuecance and should be shipped out, did anyone else notice that once he left the game our lead diminished all the way down to 6 at one point? I think we should keep the team the way it is unless something huge comes along..

good back to back games, D has a lot of effect