Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD - 11/2/05 - L -OT - Knicks (100) @ Celtics (114)

Hybrid View

Default GAME THREAD - 11/2/05 - L -OT - Knicks (100) @ Celtics (114)

This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

7:30 PM, Wednesday, November 2nd, 2005

NEW YORK KNICKS (0-1)
    MARBURY---RICHARDSON---BARNES---DAVIS---CURRY
    @
    BOSTON CELTICS (1-0)
    WEST---PIERCE---DAVIS---LAFRENTZ---BLOUNT

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

TV: MSG
    RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

Superstar

interesting, starting blount and lafrentz. i bet frye will get a lot of playing time cuz he matches up well with lafrentz style-wise. no 6th man this year for ricky davis huh. o and did u make up the knicks 5 or did u read it somewhere.

well, i read that Q could have played against the nets but larry didnt want to chance it so hes more or less starting and currys going to start the only guess is at the PF.

i think the knicks should be able to win this won. marbury can easily take delonte west any day and matt barnes and trevor ariza should have pierce and davis on lock. the only mismatch should be lafrentz's shooting range but frye should be able to guard him outside while curry defends blount down low. i predict a solid win for the knicks: 96-89

Superstar

yeah, im saying is q the 3 or 2, with ariza or barnes at 3? do you know craw is starting or are you assuming. id rather have ariza/barnes for some D and bring craw off the bench to score.

i dunno, pierce and davis are knick killers...the big problem is gonna be containing them. The celtics are alot like the knicks, a young, athletic, offensive minded team. Remember when these guys embarrassed us last year on opening night at the garden? time to get them back. I think the knicks will win a close one.

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    yeah, im saying is q the 3 or 2, with ariza or barnes at 3? do you know craw is starting or are you assuming. id rather have ariza/barnes for some D and bring craw off the bench to score.
    well crawford has started in most of the preseason, i assume he starts now

Either Larry likes Craw, or they're showcasing him to make a trade. He started most if not all the preaseason games, and i think logged the most minutes of any Knick. His FG attempts have gone way down, and when he does shoot, they're looking like either smart shots, or he takes it to the hoop.

On another note, remember our opener against Boston last year? Lets hope that doesnt happen again. =)

Superstar

yeah it definitely wont. i dont think itll be a offensive outporing but we win this definitely. curry will be 15+ for sure

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Don't accuse me of being negative, but I would be surprised if the Knicks win this game, judging by their last preseason game.

We were blown away in last year's home opener, so I really want payback. Tney should be fixated on kicking the C's out of the Fleet Center.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Since there will be an inactive list of 3 players for each game, who ya'll think will be inactive for this first game?

I'm guessing Jackie Butler, Mo Taylor and Matt Barnes. with the rooks barely getting minutes (assuming Q plays at least 25 mins).

This would result in a 9-man rotation

C - starter - Curry / backup - James
    PF - starter - Davis / backup - Rose
    SF - starter - Penny / backup - Ariza
    SG - starter - Q / backup - Jamal
    PG - starter - Steph / backup - Jamal

Steph will get minutes at SG with Jamal at the point when Q heads to the bench.

I think we might lose this one, not because we got beat - but because we beat ourselves.
    Turnovers are going to hurt us. However, the good sign is that teams are not averaging more than 85pts when play us.

The turnovers will decrease as the knicks become used to LB's playing style

I really hope the Knicks pull together and win this game against Boston, but after watching them play the last preseason game against the Nets am beginning to doubt it. Turnovers are killing them, defense has picked up pretty well, specially compared to last season but there is something wrong with the offense right now. Marbury and Crawford are on a leash and the flow of the offense is just not right. Don't get me wrong I love all the passing but when Jerome James ends up the play shooting a fall away jump shot its just not my idea of pretty. Larry needs to let Steph loose early in the game and not put him to work only in the fourth quarter.

Well basically its going to come down to the turnovers. If we can keep it down to atleast 20 I think we can win this game. If we keep it in the 30s like the last few games, forget about it...

Maybe I shouldn't judge by the preseason games though. Larry was playing around too much with the roster, trying to get a feel from everyone and thats why we didn't do so well in preseason. I'm sure he is going to get down to business when it really counts and rip those players a new one if they start turning it over.

Oh I forgot to mention that there is no way the celtics are going to blow us out again like last season. Larry won't let it happen and we got Curry and James in the middle. They don't even have to block anything, all they gotta do is be a presence. Rick and Pierce will have to rely more on the jumper and we can keep pounding them down low.

Veteran

according to the official game notes
    the starters will be
    C Eddy Curry
    PF Antonio Davis
    SF Anfernee Hardaway
    SG Jamal Crawford
    PG Stephon Marbury

Quentin is still questionable with his left hamstring, Im sure his heads not fully in the game either with the whole broken off engagement either...well see what happens though