GAME THREAD - 11/2/05 - L -OT - Knicks (100) @ Celtics (114)

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
according to the official game notes
the starters will be
C Eddy Curry
PF Antonio Davis
SF Anfernee Hardaway
SG Jamal Crawford
PG Stephon Marbury

Quentin is still questionable with his left hamstring, Im sure his heads not fully in the game either with the whole broken off engagement either...well see what happens though

wat do u mean bybroken off engagement
??

NYKnicks15

Starter
Alright..heres the official game notes word..

Knicks- C Eddy Curry, PF Antonio Davis, SF Matt Barnes, SG Jamal Crawford, PG Stephon Marbury
Probable- Quentin Richardson
Questionable- Maurice Taylor
Inactive- Jackie Butler, David Lee, Penny Hardaway

Celtics- C Mark Blount, PF Raef LaFrentz, SF Paul Pierce, SG Ricky Davis, PG Delonte West
OUT- Tony Allen & Marcus Banks

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
at least not til he gets into game shape, but is playing a fat jerome james better than a lil tired eddy curry? or inexperienced frye?

ny3nyk

Rotation player
this is one of the biggest bullshit losses ever. tied the game with davis' shot and played great defence but choked in ot. down by 2 then all of a sudden down by 14. wouldnt have happened if lee or butler were playing since curry got so cold

i liked the effort tonight, boston was just on fire in OT and we fell apart...remember this team has an extremely difficult schedule early. We got washington and GS coming up at home. we should win those and hit the road 2-1.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Our free throws made us lose tonight and offensive rebounds. And I dont think Curry got to the line once making an and one.

NYKnicks15

Starter
disgusting, we got tired and lazy. we got out rebounded and we brought them to the line too many times. quentin still not fully healthy and you can tell. crawford contained himself but shot horribly. jerome james almost 8 minutes and got 4 PF's. he was 2-3, 1 reb and 1 block shot..i wish he could learn to keep himself in the game..a lot of little mistakes..but i like the line up..

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
First off i would like to say that it was a great and exciting game, until OT that is, and its a much better start than last years 30 some odd point blow out. However i think jamal crawford is just awful, im out of the country so i had to watch the gamecast on espn and every minute there was a craw turnover, of a missed shot, the guy is hurting the team and i hope Q comes back and they put that clown crawford on the bench. I also would have like to see Frye in the game, and whats the deal with marbury, missing clutch FT's in the 4th and making TO's

NYKnicks15

Starter
marburys still trying to do too much cause ppl like craw werent producing (btw craw did come off the bench..great sign that curry is what we wanted him to be though...that deserves a HUGE smile right there. hopefully it continues..ey ny3nyk if lee or butler were in the game ur right it wouldnt have happened, because we would of lost wayyyyyy before overtime if we put them in instead of Taylor, Davis and especially Curry..

i think we have a good set up so far, i think our 1 and 5 are established and thats a GREAT feeling. the 2, 3 and 4 are what to worry about now. Barnes held his own but id like to see Ariza be give a shot there. and i think once Q is healthy hes a deadlock for the 2...i think we just have to mess with different combos for the 4 and 3.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
craw came off the bench, but he played 37 minutes to qs 22....and had 6 TOs. we gotta be patient, itll take some time to get the D and turnover thing going. offensive boards are a concern though. thankfully curry looks healthy and productive.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I am happy with the game last night, not the result, but how the Knicks played together and played well. Besides for the turnovers, freethrow shooting and defensive rebounding we were fine. We just need to pick up some of the fundamental things.

I thought the knicks played well, all we need now is a decent SF, Barnes cannot handle paul peirce? what was Larry thinking? he could have even put JC on him and it would have been fine.. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHhh bad way to start the season... at least were in 3rd

NYKnicks15

Starter
Jamal Crawford could of handled the SF spot? or if not guarded Paul Pierce efficiently? haha i find that very hard to believe

dacash

Benchwarmer
whathappenedin ot? was everybody sleeping,,i mean what happened?it was good its was nice but ot,man this team is finally gonna kill me.but my girlfriend says calm down its just one game when they click itll be unstoppable .curry and q played nice games,but that ot aw damn

Trin_Starr

Starter
No worries guys!
We all know the knicks have problems and we know LB is good but he ain't no miracle worker!

This is my take on it.

We missed too many FT's - Understandable since it is the first game back, and it is correctable.
Steph can't be missing 7 FT's!!! that's easy money

We made too many stupid unforced turnovers - Unforced is the key word, meaning that it will improve as the team gels.

We got outrebounded on the offensive end badly...

And inspite of all that, we still forced OT....
I think that's a step up and a look ahead to a brighter future.
Last yeay mistakes like that would have caused the knicks to get blown out!!!

The lineup was great. Jamal is knicks 6th man. Q's 3pt shot was money - once his hamstring fully recovers, watch out for him....

Curry needs to work on his FT's because last season he shot over 75%. It's because he's out of shape and tired when he goes to the line - but as his conditioning improves - expect that number to increase...