Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you think of Spree?

Superstar

Default What would you think of Spree?

Just throwing this out there, but nobody wants to sign Spree. What would you think of signing him as a 3 off the bench? he has good D still, cant score as much but you know hed be a fan favorite again.

nah he's too old and he doesnt have the explosiveness anymore....and what good is an unexplosive spree? i dont think he can take it to the hole anymore

Superstar

im not saying hes an offensive threat, i think (not 100% sure) that he still has some of that perimeter d. hes more valuable in that sense, we have enough firepower.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Spree would fit in nicely at the three. Fact is Jim Dolan would never take him back after what he did in his first game back at the Garden, so no use discussing it.

Actually when Isiah first took over the job as GM, IT told the press that Dolan had given him free reign to get whatever players he needed and even joked that Dolan told him he could bring back Spree if he wanted to...

I think Spree would have to issue a heartfelt public apology to Dolan and let him know that his emotions got the best of him.

He would be perfect at the 3.

Veteran

before i say anything i mite be one sided because i love spree. we dont have the money to give him that hell want but if we want i say go for it. personally id rather keep the roster we have now, giving both barnes and ariza a split time at playing the SF. but if we have to choose like it seems we mite between gettting Lynch or not..i think Spree deserves a chance instead.

i think if u spend 115 million a year personal grudges can be put aside aslong as itd help ur team. i know itll never happen but if it could should it? sure.

were not looking for a young scoring SF. seeing we have both Barnes and Ariza. and if u look at who else were trying to sign LYNCH who scores 4.2 ppg? you can see its all about veteran status and defensive skills. something Spree contains both of.

id say stick with what we have cause we already have a full roster BUT if Isiah is destined to sign sum1 for the SF let it be Spree.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

for the record, I'm totally against going after Lynch. Spree is a much better player (him and Starks are my all-time favorite Bockers).

Well I think The Knicks have entered a new era in which Spree wouldn't fit in. Not a nice way to corrupt the budding youth in New York. I don't see him coming to NY.

Superstar

me either, it was totally unfounded. i just wanted to hear wat you guys thought of it purely hypothetically.

i always loved sprewell's attitude...this organization has been most effective when the roster was filled with badasses (the oakleys, the cambys, the masons, the ewings, chris childs, starks)...then layden comes in and tries to morph them into a squeaky-clean alterboy team in the early 2000s. Dont get me wrong, i think spree should think before he opens his mouth, but it was his fire, his intensity that this team lost when they made that trade for keith van horn, and i know alot of fans agree with me when i say that trade was awful

Superstar

i definitely agree.....van horn doesnt really have heart. spree on the other hand...however its somewhat redeeming to see that hes dropped since we traded him. if u think about it, we ended up getting curry through him. spree => van horn => tim thomas => curry. go figure....now we can get wats left of him for next no nothing...i wouldnt be opposed.

Superstar

were not getting lynch....[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Although Brown was expected to push to acquire veteran forward George Lynch, released by the Hornets on Friday, Thomas said, "I like our roster the way it is. Right now I don't see us making any changes."

Only If Brown starts Crawford at the 2 and Richardson at the 3, then I wouldn't mind getting Spree to play some backup 2. Spree is a badass, can score, still has some quickness when healthy and still is a good defender. Coming off the bench with Nate I think would work, Ariza still doesn't have a consistent jumpshot and neither does Barnes. Certain game situations would allow us to go with Marbury, Spree and Richardson which gives us scorers at 1-3. Plus Spree adds some nastiness which I think the team could use. I could even see starting Spree at the 2 alongside Marbury and Richardson and bringing Crawford off the bench, I don't like Craw starting because of his lack of strength and defense.

Didn't somebody say we should've drafted Gerald Green with the 8th. I see he is on the inactive list....Any comments?

Superstar

yeah i think ideally craw should be coming off the bench, unless he drastically improves his d and shot selection.

If we could get him cheap, I would be tempted but I wouldn't know who to release to clear a roster spot. I think Spree has 2 more good years in him; productive years. I know he is not the ame player he once was, but I feel he is still a good defender, he is a veteran player who is a smart NBA player. If he would be willing to come to the Knicks for low money, he would mprove this roster.