What would you think of Spree?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
Just throwing this out there, but nobody wants to sign Spree. What would you think of signing him as a 3 off the bench? he has good D still, cant score as much but you know hed be a fan favorite again.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
nah he's too old and he doesnt have the explosiveness anymore....and what good is an unexplosive spree? i dont think he can take it to the hole anymore

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
im not saying hes an offensive threat, i think (not 100% sure) that he still has some of that perimeter d. hes more valuable in that sense, we have enough firepower.

portega1968

El Cacique
I was just thinking about this yesterday. Spree would fit in nicely at the three. Fact is Jim Dolan would never take him back after what he did in his first game back at the Garden, so no use discussing it.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Actually when Isiah first took over the job as GM, IT told the press that Dolan had given him free reign to get whatever players he needed and even joked that Dolan told him he could bring back Spree if he wanted to...

I think Spree would have to issue a heartfelt public apology to Dolan and let him know that his emotions got the best of him.

He would be perfect at the 3.

NYKnicks15

Starter
before i say anything i mite be one sided because i love spree. we dont have the money to give him that hell want but if we want i say go for it. personally id rather keep the roster we have now, giving both barnes and ariza a split time at playing the SF. but if we have to choose like it seems we mite between gettting Lynch or not..i think Spree deserves a chance instead.

i think if u spend 115 million a year personal grudges can be put aside aslong as itd help ur team. i know itll never happen but if it could should it? sure.

were not looking for a young scoring SF. seeing we have both Barnes and Ariza. and if u look at who else were trying to sign LYNCH who scores 4.2 ppg? you can see its all about veteran status and defensive skills. something Spree contains both of.

id say stick with what we have cause we already have a full roster BUT if Isiah is destined to sign sum1 for the SF let it be Spree.

portega1968

El Cacique
for the record, I'm totally against going after Lynch. Spree is a much better player (him and Starks are my all-time favorite Bockers).

Royal One

Rookie
Well I think The Knicks have entered a new era in which Spree wouldn't fit in. Not a nice way to corrupt the budding youth in New York. I don't see him coming to NY.

i always loved sprewell's attitude...this organization has been most effective when the roster was filled with badasses (the oakleys, the cambys, the masons, the ewings, chris childs, starks)...then layden comes in and tries to morph them into a squeaky-clean alterboy team in the early 2000s. Dont get me wrong, i think spree should think before he opens his mouth, but it was his fire, his intensity that this team lost when they made that trade for keith van horn, and i know alot of fans agree with me when i say that trade was awful

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i definitely agree.....van horn doesnt really have heart. spree on the other hand...however its somewhat redeeming to see that hes dropped since we traded him. if u think about it, we ended up getting curry through him. spree => van horn => tim thomas => curry. go figure....now we can get wats left of him for next no nothing...i wouldnt be opposed.

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
Only If Brown starts Crawford at the 2 and Richardson at the 3, then I wouldn't mind getting Spree to play some backup 2. Spree is a badass, can score, still has some quickness when healthy and still is a good defender. Coming off the bench with Nate I think would work, Ariza still doesn't have a consistent jumpshot and neither does Barnes. Certain game situations would allow us to go with Marbury, Spree and Richardson which gives us scorers at 1-3. Plus Spree adds some nastiness which I think the team could use. I could even see starting Spree at the 2 alongside Marbury and Richardson and bringing Crawford off the bench, I don't like Craw starting because of his lack of strength and defense.

Didn't somebody say we should've drafted Gerald Green with the 8th. I see he is on the inactive list....Any comments?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah i think ideally craw should be coming off the bench, unless he drastically improves his d and shot selection.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If we could get him cheap, I would be tempted but I wouldn't know who to release to clear a roster spot. I think Spree has 2 more good years in him; productive years. I know he is not the ame player he once was, but I feel he is still a good defender, he is a veteran player who is a smart NBA player. If he would be willing to come to the Knicks for low money, he would mprove this roster.

Musa

Rookie
Sprewell

Is there any update in the case of Spre? What is he doing? It would be great to have him back in NY.

Lets forget the things happened in the past. Spre back in NY, that would be great. He is one of the players we need cause he can figt and motivate the team.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i keep reading that he mentions teams interested in him but then they deny it. the closest i heard was him and orl were talking, but he wanted a 2 year deal but they wanted 1, so it didnt happen. crazy....