GAME THREAD - 11/6/05 - L - Knicks (81) vs. Warriors(83)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

1:00 PM, Sunday, November 6th, 2005​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (0-3)
stephon_marbury.jpg
quentin_richardson.jpg
matt_barnes.jpg
eddy_curry.jpg
jerome_james.jpg
MARBURY---Q.RICHARDSON---BARNES---CURRY---JAMES
VS.
warriors_logo.gif
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS (2-0)
baron_davis.jpg
jason_richardson.jpg
mike_dunleavy.jpg
troy_murphy.jpg
adonal_foyle.jpg
DAVIS---J.RICHARDSON---DUNLEAVY---MURPHY---FOYLE

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Warriors Team Stats
Warriors Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
In this game you will see how Baron Davis is so much better as a floor general and as a leader than Stephon Marbury. Hopefully however the Knicks will use Curry to dominate down low and pull out the victory. I would also like to see Frye and Lee get some minutes. Larry should put that fat waste of life Jerome James on the inactive list, because he plays like he is inactive, the guy draws 3 fouls in 3 minutes, WTF?????, how do you do that and call yourself a NBA player. I think LB should put Frye ahead of him in the rotation, especially with Frye grabbing 9 boards in under 20 minutes last game. Also David Lee i think can be a good rebounder and huslte man.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Lee cant get any minutes unless he is switched off the inactive for someone..and i doubt that person will be JJ. Baris aggravated his left hamstring and has been limited to riding a stationary bike..not too sure how effective he will be...aslong as Davis controls the boards and Curry/Frye are effective in the paint and stay out of foul trouble we have a very good chance to win this game..but goods not great so well see what happens..

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
The GSW are a talented young team, we will have to stop their guards (Ridchardson, Pietrus, Davis...) and stop having all thoses TO! (23! 3 TO for Nate Robinson in 5 minutes, 5 TO for Curry in 16 minutes!) Still, I'm confident, they will react and get us our first win

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i think based on the last game i would change the starting lineup to
marbury
Q
Ariza
Frye
Curry

ariza clearly outplayed barned and frye seems beast on the boards, 9 in 17 mins,

NYKnicks15

Starter
i like the change to Ariza starting, even though i believe Barnes is a good addition i think hed be better off the bench..i think hes starting cause he has more experience...also larry has been heavily hinting Ariza starting since preseason saying he likes his D and hardwork etc etc...well see

as far as frye goes...that comment kind of made me laugh, no offense to it at all pb. BUT if you go through Fryes whole college career he DOESNT beast on boards. he only averaged 4-5 a game. i wouldnt jump to conclusions as much as i think hell start one day cause i do believe in his talent at the 4 i think larry will stick with what hes certain on..antonio davis is a veteran with rebounding skills. just dont let a game or two sway ur opinion wait a little while before we say anything bout beasting on the boards...remember we went up against a team thats not good on the rebounds..

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
why does larry brown not start ariza over barnes , ariza plays better defense and he brings energy to our team barnes comits to many turnovers it seems like he is nervous i hope ariza gets the start next game and as for jerome james all he does is take up space on the court and he sucks i can't believe how slow he is it's like if he is playing in slow motion i rather frye get minutes than james

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Jerome James sucks, and so does Jamal Crawford. I hate when people say Craw should be our PG, absolutely not he couldnt handle himself on the court nevermind run the game. Q and MArbury are WAY better then him. I wanna see Fye get minutes and I wanna see Curry get in shape and dominate down low which i think he will as the season goes on.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
as far as frye goes...that comment kind of made me laugh, no offense to it at all pb. BUT if you go through Fryes whole college career he DOESNT beast on boards. he only averaged 4-5 a game. i wouldnt jump to conclusions as much as i think hell start one day cause i do believe in his talent at the 4 i think larry will stick with what hes certain on..antonio davis is a veteran with rebounding skills. just dont let a game or two sway ur opinion wait a little while before we say anything bout beasting on the boards...remember we went up against a team thats not good on the rebounds..

y r u loooking back to his college...if u do that then ben gordon shouldnt have played at all last year but he ended up averaging more points in nba then he did in college. 3points for antonio davis in 33 mins whereas fry got 7 in half... so he has over twice as many points than ure choice in half of the minutes...antonio davis's fg's were 1-9 slightly over 10 percent isnt exactly good for a pf whos supposed to be one of the higher fg percentage people on the team. You might as well get frye out there let him make / learn from the mistakes hes going to make as a rookie and let him get ahead of the learning curve

i dont like james starting at all...he's got no offense, and when he gets the ball, the first thing he does is look to shoot. Its like he has a patrick ewing mentality but no scoring ability...thats no good! He needs to learn to move the ball around better, get more rebounds, and be a soild backup. why hes starting is beyond me. anyway, our defense has been inconsitent but not terrible. the key factors are defensive boards, fewer turnovers, and yes, free throws.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
just got home.. tough game.. knicks leading by 3 with 7 minutes left.. marbury 13 pts and 6 assists

let's go, we can win this one :)

dacash

Benchwarmer
damn our rookies are damn nice or what whewn we win its cause of them especially that david lee oh and barnes aint much and james is the worst knick signing since drafting fredrick wiess gad dammmmm jerome james is lousy. but frye nate and lee will be the shit

rady

Administrator
Staff member
gsw leads 78-75 with 1 minute left.. this is going to be embarassing..

NYKnicks15

Starter
WILL being the keyword...nate keeps converting TO's, this time in a very important time. james is trash and its not his offense that were looking for, its his D but if u keep committing PF's theres no point in u playing at all!...frederick weis was not really a signing btw...very good to see Lee and Frye play so well though...and whoever that was complaining about steph for one game once again be quiet..6 asts. 15 points, 3 rebs and scoring in crunch time...curry needs to stay out of foul trouble..

larry tried something new with looking for D in James and i think this game will work very heavily on his next lineup idea..Curry, Frye, Ariza, Q, Marbury...

This could be the ugliset beginning the knicks have seen in years, 0-3 and heading on a 6 game road trip...i thought we'd win these home games or at least take one...so bad. its gonna be a grim november.

also, i usually support JC, but he looked VERY awkward out there...if LB can't connect with him soon they're gonna have to get him outta here.

NYKnicks15

Starter
not sure anyone will take him and his huge contract...id hold onto him (if were gonna trade him) until deadline time...Minny could use Jaric as a SG and put Craw at the PG..getting us Garnett or something..i like JC i do, im sure hell adjust :?