Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD - 11/6/05 - L - Knicks (81) vs. Warriors(83)

Default GAME THREAD - 11/6/05 - L - Knicks (81) vs. Warriors(83)

This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

1:00 PM, Sunday, November 6th, 2005

NEW YORK KNICKS (0-3)
    MARBURY---Q.RICHARDSON---BARNES---CURRY---JAMES
    VS.
    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS (2-0)
    DAVIS---J.RICHARDSON---DUNLEAVY---MURPHY---FOYLE

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

TV: MSG
    RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

In this game you will see how Baron Davis is so much better as a floor general and as a leader than Stephon Marbury. Hopefully however the Knicks will use Curry to dominate down low and pull out the victory. I would also like to see Frye and Lee get some minutes. Larry should put that fat waste of life Jerome James on the inactive list, because he plays like he is inactive, the guy draws 3 fouls in 3 minutes, WTF?????, how do you do that and call yourself a NBA player. I think LB should put Frye ahead of him in the rotation, especially with Frye grabbing 9 boards in under 20 minutes last game. Also David Lee i think can be a good rebounder and huslte man.

Veteran

Lee cant get any minutes unless he is switched off the inactive for someone..and i doubt that person will be JJ. Baris aggravated his left hamstring and has been limited to riding a stationary bike..not too sure how effective he will be...aslong as Davis controls the boards and Curry/Frye are effective in the paint and stay out of foul trouble we have a very good chance to win this game..but goods not great so well see what happens..

The GSW are a talented young team, we will have to stop their guards (Ridchardson, Pietrus, Davis...) and stop having all thoses TO! (23! 3 TO for Nate Robinson in 5 minutes, 5 TO for Curry in 16 minutes!) Still, I'm confident, they will react and get us our first win

i think based on the last game i would change the starting lineup to
    marbury
    Q
    Ariza
    Frye
    Curry

ariza clearly outplayed barned and frye seems beast on the boards, 9 in 17 mins,

Veteran

i like the change to Ariza starting, even though i believe Barnes is a good addition i think hed be better off the bench..i think hes starting cause he has more experience...also larry has been heavily hinting Ariza starting since preseason saying he likes his D and hardwork etc etc...well see

as far as frye goes...that comment kind of made me laugh, no offense to it at all pb. BUT if you go through Fryes whole college career he DOESNT beast on boards. he only averaged 4-5 a game. i wouldnt jump to conclusions as much as i think hell start one day cause i do believe in his talent at the 4 i think larry will stick with what hes certain on..antonio davis is a veteran with rebounding skills. just dont let a game or two sway ur opinion wait a little while before we say anything bout beasting on the boards...remember we went up against a team thats not good on the rebounds..

why does larry brown not start ariza over barnes , ariza plays better defense and he brings energy to our team barnes comits to many turnovers it seems like he is nervous i hope ariza gets the start next game and as for jerome james all he does is take up space on the court and he sucks i can't believe how slow he is it's like if he is playing in slow motion i rather frye get minutes than james

Jerome James sucks, and so does Jamal Crawford. I hate when people say Craw should be our PG, absolutely not he couldnt handle himself on the court nevermind run the game. Q and MArbury are WAY better then him. I wanna see Fye get minutes and I wanna see Curry get in shape and dominate down low which i think he will as the season goes on.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    as far as frye goes...that comment kind of made me laugh, no offense to it at all pb. BUT if you go through Fryes whole college career he DOESNT beast on boards. he only averaged 4-5 a game. i wouldnt jump to conclusions as much as i think hell start one day cause i do believe in his talent at the 4 i think larry will stick with what hes certain on..antonio davis is a veteran with rebounding skills. just dont let a game or two sway ur opinion wait a little while before we say anything bout beasting on the boards...remember we went up against a team thats not good on the rebounds..
    y r u loooking back to his college...if u do that then ben gordon shouldnt have played at all last year but he ended up averaging more points in nba then he did in college. 3points for antonio davis in 33 mins whereas fry got 7 in half... so he has over twice as many points than ure choice in half of the minutes...antonio davis's fg's were 1-9 slightly over 10 percent isnt exactly good for a pf whos supposed to be one of the higher fg percentage people on the team. You might as well get frye out there let him make / learn from the mistakes hes going to make as a rookie and let him get ahead of the learning curve

i dont like james starting at all...he's got no offense, and when he gets the ball, the first thing he does is look to shoot. Its like he has a patrick ewing mentality but no scoring ability...thats no good! He needs to learn to move the ball around better, get more rebounds, and be a soild backup. why hes starting is beyond me. anyway, our defense has been inconsitent but not terrible. the key factors are defensive boards, fewer turnovers, and yes, free throws.

just got home.. tough game.. knicks leading by 3 with 7 minutes left.. marbury 13 pts and 6 assists

let's go, we can win this one

damn our rookies are damn nice or what whewn we win its cause of them especially that david lee oh and barnes aint much and james is the worst knick signing since drafting fredrick wiess gad dammmmm jerome james is lousy. but frye nate and lee will be the ****

gsw leads 78-75 with 1 minute left.. this is going to be embarassing..

heartbreaking

logically.. 83-82.. how was the last shot?