Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GAME THREAD - 11/6/05 - L - Knicks (81) vs. Warriors(83)

heartbreaking

Veteran

WILL being the keyword...nate keeps converting TO's, this time in a very important time. james is trash and its not his offense that were looking for, its his D but if u keep committing PF's theres no point in u playing at all!...frederick weis was not really a signing btw...very good to see Lee and Frye play so well though...and whoever that was complaining about steph for one game once again be quiet..6 asts. 15 points, 3 rebs and scoring in crunch time...curry needs to stay out of foul trouble..

larry tried something new with looking for D in James and i think this game will work very heavily on his next lineup idea..Curry, Frye, Ariza, Q, Marbury...

This could be the ugliset beginning the knicks have seen in years, 0-3 and heading on a 6 game road trip...i thought we'd win these home games or at least take one...so bad. its gonna be a grim november.

also, i usually support JC, but he looked VERY awkward out there...if LB can't connect with him soon they're gonna have to get him outta here.

Veteran

not sure anyone will take him and his huge contract...id hold onto him (if were gonna trade him) until deadline time...Minny could use Jaric as a SG and put Craw at the PG..getting us Garnett or something..i like JC i do, im sure hell adjust

I will ask the same question I asked the last game: Why did Curry played only 16 minutes? ok, he had some fouls in the first half, but he could have play a lot more in the second. he nearly didn't play in the four quarter! When he was on the floor, he clearly outplayed all his opponement and dominated the paint! and what was this idea of Larry brown to put rose for the first time on the floor with 6 minutes to play? why not Curry? We had less TO, but 0/13 from the tree point range... And, like if we hadn't enough problem, Starbury seems to have some trouble with his free throw this season, 3/6 tonight, 12/22 before the game...

if anyone didnt figure it out what larry was going for with james i think beyond what everyone is saying was to move curry down to power foward so he gets matched with troy murphy who cannot hold him at all....btw nyknicks15 change ure mind abt frye yet

Veteran

depends...what is my opinion on frye according to you?

Because i live in australia i didnt see the game, so can someone tell me what is the problem so far and why is teph struggling with his foul shots

Veteran

honestly, as much as i believe in steph, i think hes trying too hard. he has to take on the role of LEADER now unlike in past seasons where he was not demanded much by coaches. when steph says he loves having brown as a coach i 100% believe him, because he wants to win now..i just think hes overthinking everything. trying a little too hard. tryin to please larry (as weird as that may sound)..and i think once the pressure of the first win goes away hell be clutch free throw again...the 40 minutes a game could still be taking its toll on him..but thats what happens when JC is benched for poor D and robinson has a lot to learn still..i think everything will fall into place when JC gets into the swing of things...or sadly as much as i hate the idea..trade for a backup PG...i criticized larry for wanting to do that...but now im starting to think this man knows what the hell hes talking about no matter how weird it sounds...

I am happy LB has a $10mil per season contract.
    Why?
    So that all those pu$$y ass knicks we have on the team who feels that they are NBA's finest can get off their horses and realize that Larry is not going anywhere and the only ones getting the boot is the players.

Well the bulls started out 0-9 last season and ended up with 45 wins.
    Hopefully the knicks can pull some **** like that!

It's gonna take time, we can't expect them to get used to playing with each other overnight. I guess not having a set rotation in the preseason means quite a lot.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    depends...what is my opinion on frye according to you?
    i thought ure opinion was something along the lines of hes not ready to start yet according to ure previous posts

Veteran

ohh yea. no it hasnt changed yet i dont think hes ready to start. all signs point to that but then again he's putting up stats coming off the bench. we still have to remember he was a lackluster rebounder all his young career and things like that dont automatically change. i think also if he does start and does decent well neglect the fact that we actually DO need help at the PF and cant rely on 38 year old Davis who will be gone next year, 6'7 Malik and Mo who plays no D...i think we should wait to the trade deadline to start him...but if we continue to lose then i guess he should...but remember most of Larry's teams start 0-3 or worse when they start a season..