Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Need to Go Young

and give curry the damn ball. make that guy the #1 go to weapon. dont let him disappear, he seems to show sparks of brilliance and then just goes away. dont let that happen. tell marbs or craw or whoevers at the point to just let that MAN CHILD/BEAST (amare clone) to make sure eddy gets his touches. if he starts to establish himself as a force in the paint, it will make the life of everyone else on the roster that much easier, everyone will get easier shots.

its like football, you run to set up the pass. in bball, you have a beast in the paint and you keep feeding him the ball and then that opens up your outside game.

Superstar

hes more shaqlike than amare, but yeah, he can finish once you get him the ball or draw a double team and pass out, as well as get fouls called his way. why he isnt the focal point of our offense is beyond me.

why is antonio davis second on the team in minutes per game behind marbury at 31.7??? that is absurd. the guy is 37 years old. he hasnt averaged more than 10 points a game in YEARS. its funny that in that trade for curry and davis, nobody even mentioned davis as a big part of the trade, and that guy is getting MORE MINUTES THAN CURRY!!! i actually thought that isiah just liked him for the fact that his contract is gonna up soon...i thought he was just gonna be a pawn for some later trade...and im still hoping thats what he is...

i think the reason that coaches sometimes like to play veterans is because they at least "do what the coach tells them to do" in terms of running the play or being where they need to be. therefore, they usually dont make the coach look stupid. the younger guys, like nate who sort of just do whatever they wanna do and try to make things happen, can make a coach look bad. STILL, i think its better for this team to go young. let them mature and develop, they are good enough to outproduce the veterans, even if it means having a few more turnovers and heartaches...good coaches adjust their style of coaching to what they've got...lets see if larry can show that he is a good coach

Superstar

well we do need rebounding, but more than curry simply means he fouls less and plays smarter (for the most part). curry should be #2 barring health and fouls, but they dont play the same position and we need rebounding.

davis isnt exactly a stud rebounder, hes no ben wallace. and we dont need rebounding, thats not our weakness. so far this season, we have outrebounded opponents 50.3 to 44.0. so thats not a problem. and if ariza or lee gets the nod at the 3, then like i said before, they will compensate for curry and frye's lack of rebounding easily. rebounding wont be a problem. but the other areas, the other weaknesses that the team does have, will be improved and we will become a more effective overall team.