knicks look to move marbury

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I feel like the Marbury topic is like beating a dead horse. Either Marbury moves to the 2 spot or he develops and executes Browns system. Either option will translate into wins. I see him struggle with this new system, which he admits too, and that is a major problem. The game against the Warriors Marbury was sucsessful because he was playing the 2 and Crawford was at the 1. This might be the formula, I don't know, but it looked fluid.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
about what H20 said, Stevie Francis is worse!!!! sure he has electryfing dunks but many forget marbury does too. francis is turn over prone with his useless fancy dribbling (marbury's crossover is better btw). people say marbury is better at the 2, but that applies to francis much much more. if marbury does get traded, especially for some scrub foward (i.e szcerbiak, walker) it only says one thing: its isiah that has to go, not the players

hoop115

Benchwarmer
donchris said:
I use to like Peter Vescey but now it's clear to me that he has his head way up his @$$. It's way to early to talk about trades. Even earlier to talk about trading team captins and stars. Yeah, sad to say Pete Vescey has lost major credibility. He's a rumor man now. Nothing based on hard facts.

Actually Vescey was the first to report the rumors about Magloire. After Byron Scott vehemently denied rumors about a potential trade and the proceeds to rip into Vescey, three or four days later Magloire gets traded. All Vescey has basically said is that Isiah is ready to trade him. Marbury is definitely one of our best players if not the best. But if trading him gets us players of equal caliber that in turn gets us back to the playoffs and into the finals, then why not. I don't think Isiah would be foolish enough to just trade him away for nothing.

Isiah to this point has done some pretty impressive reshaping of our team. If Marbury is traded, I don't doubt that Isiah would get us equal value in return.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
wally isnt the answer to knick problems. hes not a superstar. hes not gonna lead this team to victory.

but, our team is waaaay over the cap anyway, and not gonna get under anytime soon, so something like a:

penny and barnes for wally

type of deal (if minnesota wanted to do it ebcause they wanted wally off their books) would be perfectly fine with me. wally has some versatility, he can play the 2 or 3, can play within a team system, can shoot the 3, can drive a little, can rebound a little, and even pass a little. hes definetely not great at most of those things, but he is pretty good.

the reason i want him on this team most is because i THINK we COULD get him (i might be wrong), and because he adds a 2/3 that can shoot to our team, and i think that is something we need. ariza and barnes are athletic guys, but not necessarily great bball players. wally is the opposite, hes not as athletic, but he understands the game and doesnt rely on athleticism to produce.

i definetely would not do a marbury for wally trade, or curry for wally, or anything like that. but an expiring contract for wally, YES!!!

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
3 point shooting:
knicks: 12/50 (240)
opponents: 33/108 (306)

ANYONE who tells me we dont need a good shooter is out of their fucking mind

thats gotta be the worst 3 point shooting discrepancy in the NBA between teams and their opponents.

you can't just build a team around athletes. good players who understand the game and can actually shoot are often much better for a team than just raw athletes.

sweetney is not a raw athlete but he is an effective player. in just 20 mins a game in chi-town hes getting 10 and 7. not bad at all. comparable to curry in terms of per-minute averages.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
david lee: 8.5 rebs and 7 points in 15.5 mins a game.

this kid deserves to start. let curry and frye, our two best offensive big men (i dont like mo taylor) start in the frountcourt, and david lee (JYD jr.) will make up for the rebounds that they miss and any other hustle plays that they miss (we've all seen curry take plays off). our offense will get better. watch.