Jalen Rose to New York?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Stephen A Smith has stated that if the knicks wanted Jalen Rose they could have him. Right now to be exact. Isiah and Babcock have been in talks for the past couple weeks that would have Penny Hardaway going to Toronto for Jalen Rose...i was never pulling for Jalen to come here prior but he is a good scoring, defensively sounded SF that the knicks could use right now..he only has two years left in his contract but Isiah keeps backing a way...id pull the trigger especially when all u lose is Penny..what about you guys?

Curry, Davis, Rose, Crawford, Marbury...tempting?

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
i agree with you maybe i would have not before but as bad as we are playing now yes we could use him to be our starting sf and then q at sg because barnes might play a little bit of defense but he can't score for nothing and he is not a playmaker at least jalen can create his own shot so yes isiah should pull the trigger

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I can only aggree as long as we don't give him a 125 millian dollar contract. Rose is good but he's soft and not capable of being the man. But he may be a good shooting option to have as we all hoped Richardson would be. Yeah I say get him. In the big picture he could be pretty good trading bate for the mighty, might KG. Oooohh!

nyk35

Benchwarmer
lets face it penny is not going to give us anything even though he is an expiring contract so is rose. But at least Rose can give us a solid veteran at sf which may make LB happy. Isiah pull the trigger!!!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah, rose is younger and healthier and can basically do the same stuff penny can and more. the only conflict here is ego but as weve seen with jerome larry isnt afraid to bench people.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i am kool with donchris, and no offense to him BUT he's the John Madden of KnicksOnline.Com takes everything as it is and tells you what you already know haha :lol: jk...KG is a possiblity but simple a possiblity, its also a possibility that i can get hit if im standing on train tracks though...well still have pawns to get him IF POSSIBLE haha

anyhow, Q is not a disappointment he just needs to find his groove and get back to his natural position the SG. hes still recovering from the hamstring, noted in his very limited minutes. Everyone says well he played the SF in Pheonix and succeeded. well yes technically but LOOK INTO IT FURTHER. see that him and johnson just ran and shot, he didnt have to post up or guard other SF's he just shot and dunked. they ran small and quite frankly they JUST RAN. thats all there is to it. in getting Jalen we get a 6'8 SF that can also shoot and doesnt have a bad contract. 2 years to be exact.

and we dont NEED Jalen to be the man! we NEED him to be an option! Marbury needs to be the 2-3 best man on the team and this doesnt make it that BUT it gives him a lineup of Rose, Q (or JC) and Curry who can also handle their own.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i would love to have J.Rose....first of all he is a 6'8 SF who could play multiple positions...with him Q could play the 2 and crawford hits the bench....if crawford cant play good off the bench that means is time to let him go...and J.rose is not scared to take the last shots...also his jumpshot is cosistant

hoop115

Benchwarmer
it's only the 2nd week of the season. Penny and AD will have a lot of value as trade bait closer to the trade deadline. It ALWAYS happens. There will be several teams that will look to cut payroll after realizing that they're not making it to the playoffs.

Penny or AD should not be traded for Jalen Rose. We WILL get alot better value out of them than Jalen Rose!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
really? like who? i think ppl are to optimistic on expiring contracts. James Dolan doesnt want anymore huge contracts unless it dramatically helps our team. and Jalens 2 years doesnt hurt us at all. if your thinking KG not gonna happen and if there is a chance we still have antonios expiring to use...there is no reason to have 2 large expiring contracts unless we want to pick up A LOT of bad contracts in return aka Wally, Walker. thats 30 million dollars in expiring contracts and i dont know any 30 million dollar player that we should be saving it on...

do i think something can happen at trade deadline with those contracts? possibly. but wonder if they dont. were stuck with two old vets that honestly have no plans on staying here and we cant sign anyone else cause were way over cap.

theres only very few options out there. Walker, Wally, Rose, Harrington and i wouldnt mind having harrington BUT hell ask for a big contract in the offseason...i dont know im torn, id like to think we should wait and see if we could pull off a miracle..but i just dont see it happening..

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I know that we shouldn't always mortgage our future by trading away picks but packaging Penny and a pick can get us alot. Who knows, we may be able to even throw in either Crawford, Rose or Taylor.

A. I know they're doing well now, but if the Clips start to flounder by mid-season, you can almost guarantee Sterling will go back into cost cutting mode. Maggette and Wilcox have already been on the block and how long will it take before Sam I Am starts to act up. Penny + David Lee + Pick should work for all three of those guys.

B. Mark Cuban has been said to not want to pay the luxury tax. With the emergence of Daniels and Howard, Stack has started to look old. Stack + Harris for Davis + Pick should work.

Isiah is a creative guy, I'm sure he can work his magic and get three teams involved if need be.

TRADE

Our f--king knicks are sucking right now..... DO THE GOD DAM TRADE, WHILE YOU AT IT TRADE MARBURY FOR AARON WILLIAMS. :moon:

WE AT LEAST GOTS TA GET RID OF ONE OF THEOSE UGLY PLAYERS:

HERE ARE THE UGLY NBA PLAYERS THAT W DON'T NEED

MARBURY *
CRAFORD*
BOSH
WELLS
ABDUL-RAHIM

THE * MEANS WE HAVE THEM ALREADY.