Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerome James on the BLOCK

Originally Posted by hoop115
    Let's be honest, do you really think they would give us Miller in return for Jerome James and some other scrub we try to throw onto them. Atleast w/ Nene they may not be willing to take a chance on him since he just suffered every major ligament tear possible in your knee and Watson isn't too high of a price considering he doesn't even play. I'd love to have Miller on our squad but who would they take...maybe Crawford b/c they need help at their 2 but that's a stretch and I doubt it would work money wise.
    I think we could get Miller for James and one of our Young guys like Lee. It's obvious that they are looking to move both Miller and Nene. They really came together when boykins was at the point. I would even go as far as to say that they might take a exipring contract with one of our young guys.

Veteran

i wouldnt go that far, i wouldnt go as far to say andre miller is available, son i wouldnt even go as far as to say "an-" haha..

its not like they were putting Miller on a pedastal and saying "hey gm's throw us your best offer"...in this case, the worst. the ONLY reason Andre Miller was on the table is because the Denver Nuggets would of got a player by the name PAUL PIERCE in return for him and Nene. not some scrub named Jerome James and definetely not some expiring contract...is it possible? sure anything is possible...will it happen, no.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I think we could get Miller for James and one of our Young guys like Lee. It's obvious that they are looking to move both Miller and Nene. They really came together when boykins was at the point. I would even go as far as to say that they might take a exipring contract with one of our young guys.
    With us trading our 1st round pick this year and possibly switching our 1st rounder next year, I'm a little hesitant to just trade away any of our young guys. Miller is a good PG but not great and Nene has yet to even really prove that he could start 82 games a year. I'd most definitely NOT trade Frye and would have to strongly consider any trade involving Lee. These guys are part of our future since we don't have any good draft picks for the next couple of years.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    i wouldnt go that far, i wouldnt go as far to say andre miller is available, son i wouldnt even go as far as to say "an-" haha..

its not like they were putting Miller on a pedastal and saying "hey gm's throw us your best offer"...in this case, the worst. the ONLY reason Andre Miller was on the table is because the Denver Nuggets would of got a player by the name PAUL PIERCE in return for him and Nene. not some scrub named Jerome James and definetely not some expiring contract...is it possible? sure anything is possible...will it happen, no.
    I wouldn't call JJ a "scrub". I think right now he is going through some emotional turmoil. He is "sulking" because he is not starting and it is affecting his game. Yes, he is about 15 pounds over weight as well, but I think he can shed those pounds fairly quickly, especially if he gets more playing time. Don't think for a second, Denver will not pull off a deal for either or both. I think they are looking for some players to help down low in the paint. If the Knicks wanted, I believe the knicks could get Miller.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I wouldn't call JJ a "scrub". I think right now he is going through some emotional turmoil. He is "sulking" because he is not starting and it is affecting his game. Yes, he is about 15 pounds over weight as well, but I think he can shed those pounds fairly quickly, especially if he gets more playing time. Don't think for a second, Denver will not pull off a deal for either or both. I think they are looking for some players to help down low in the paint. If the Knicks wanted, I believe the knicks could get Miller.
    Actually JJ is a scrub, just not a bottom feeder scrub, but none the less a scrub. If you look at his career numbers it's pathetic. He avgs 5pts, 3rbs and 3 FOULS in 15mins per game. He had one good playoff series against the Kings and the next thing you know people begin to think that he's gonna be a dominant big man. The biggest knock on him by every coach that he's ever played for is his conditioning. It has been well documented that he lacks the desire to maintain the level of conditioning and energy needed by big men to play 82 games per year the NBA.

Not to take away anything from the games of Frye (I voted for Frye to start) and Lee, but to be benched in favor for rooks by a coach that is notorious for not playing rooks, says alot about your game.

At the time JJ was the best we thought we could've gotten. At the MLE, he's still not that big of a waste...but had we known that we were going to end up with Curry, there probably be no way Isiah would've even had JJ on his radar. We could've thrown the MLE towards Earl Watson when he was available and not be in this mess.

I still think J can be salvaged. Yes, his only big moment was against the Kings but is that more of an indictment of Seattle or his game? Remember, up until that point, they didn't need a big game out of him they had Ray and Lewis doing the bulk of scoring. Their game was run and gun, not a methodical defensive game. They wanted him to rip a few rebounds and body up against someone that’s all. That was one of the reasons why he wanted to come with the Knicks. He thought he was going to get a chance to have more of a roll. Listen, if I could package him in with someone else to get another key player, I would. But, if we end up keeping him…. With a few tweaks he could be a strong player off the bench.

i just wanna get draft picks in return...even if they are 2nd rounders (think: michael redd)...

isiah has shown me to be an excellent draft picker...

if we can get any sort of draft picks in any sort of package where we get rid of jerome james, antonio davis, penny, malik rose or mo taylor...im all for it

Why would you put a player out on the floor that is going to take away minutes from a more productive player? I'll say it again JJ avg's 5pts 3rbs and 3 Fouls in 17min. Just watching the rooks for 5minutes, and you know they're more productive than that!!!

I agree with 'knick fan'. If we could come away with some draft picks that would be great. Remember we are already giving up our 1st round draft pick no matter what number it is! It could be the first overall pick of the first round and we still are going to give it up to the bulls.

Default Keep Jerome James!

We should keep JJ simply because he's a big body that will prove a commodity late in the year or next. Let's not look to jump to trade any of our younger guys. The guys that should go are the veterans that are adding up to any victories. Let's be honest, our young players are the ones playing well for us. Malik Rose is a scrub, Antonio Davis is a stiff, Marbury is a horrible outside shooter. The inevitable starting five and 12-man roster

PG Crawford/N. Robinson
    SG Richardson/Marbury
    SF Ariza/Barnes/Hardaway
    PF Frye/Lee/Butler
    C Curry/James

Originally Posted by hoop115
    Why would you put a player out on the floor that is going to take away minutes from a more productive player? I'll say it again JJ avg's 5pts 3rbs and 3 Fouls in 17min. Just watching the rooks for 5minutes, and you know they're more productive than that!!!

I agree with 'knick fan'. If we could come away with some draft picks that would be great. Remember we are already giving up our 1st round draft pick no matter what number it is! It could be the first overall pick of the first round and we still are going to give it up to the bulls.
    First of all who's minutes would JJ be stealing? Rose??? Frye?? Do not kid yourself, Frye is a 4 in this league and will spot in at the 5 from time to time. He is not a NBA center, not right now he isn't. I agree with nycefnl, JJ is a big body who we have at the mid level and could be a factor at some time. I think Brown will motivate him, some what, and salvage some game from him.

Trade James and barnes for MARCUS CAMBY

I miss the Cambyman, bring him back to NY

Jerome James is a tough one to call. I'd hate to see him traded and then see him pick up his game for another team. I'd like for the Knicks to stay patient unless an offer comes along that they can't pass up.

Originally Posted by WiL8000
    Jerome James is a tough one to call. I'd hate to see him traded and then see him pick up his game for another team. I'd like for the Knicks to stay patient unless an offer comes along that they can't pass up.
    I agree, let's see if he can contribute. I think he needs to accept his role as a backup and stop his sulking. He needs to realize that his role is every much as important as a starter. I think he is looking at labels instead of looking at what he can do to help this team win.

Originally Posted by KnicksFan20
    Trade James and barnes for MARCUS CAMBY

I miss the Cambyman, bring him back to NY
    I think Camby's sucsess stems from being in the high fying west and not in the tough grind of the east. I do not think Camby is the answer! He would not do well in Brown's system.

Veteran

j.j. is a stiff... don't see anyone taking him unless he has a check for
    $$ 20m in his pocket (to pay for the next 4 years).