antonio davis

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
antonio davis should not be starting. the guy is averaging 3.6 points per game. that is just pathetic and unacceptable. even a guy like ben wallace, widely considered a defensive minded and rebounding oriented guy, can score 10 points a game. and antonio davis is no ben wallace on rebounding and defense.

this guy needs to be sent to the bench.

lets give frye a chance...this guy is averaging more than .5 points per minute...thats really good for a rookie...i think he will add to our offense

Starks

Starter
I was thinking the same thing about the Knicks starting front court. I don't know if Fry should start just yet, but only because Ariza Frye and Crwaford make up the best and most electrifying bench in the NBA. I am not sure why Barnes still continues to start though. With Steph, Qrich, Ariza, Frye, and Curry starting, I think we look like the Pistons before they LB turned them into championship caliber. But with those starters, what do we get of the bench??? NOTHING! So that is why Fyre and Ariza will play the bench this year. I really would love to see them get their numbers up though. Ariza and Frye should be in the rookie-sophmore All-star game if they get there numbers up. I want to see more of David Lee though. And I wana see Nate really really work on his J and learn to relax a bit.

NYKnicks15

Starter
As I agree we should move Frye to the starting spot...i think it should be eventually...I think we should give him a little time beforehand. Around deadline time. If Maurice Taylor was to start over Davis then fine, great, wonderful.

3.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg within 26 mpg. He's mainly there for defense, veteranship and rebounding skills. I think now that Curry is stepping it up in the rebounding category (7.6 rpg so far), he is expandable. Sadly I think Larry will stay good to his word and keep Antonio on the team...BUT i think Isiah wont :lol: If it could be worked out where we trade him at the deadline and he would be released upon arrival thatd be good...but i just dont see him as a peice of the roster we really need..

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Tony Davis is in the line purely for veteran leadership. He is the type of player that numbers don't do him justice. He brings an intangible that can't be measured by stats. Yes, his rebound numbers are low and I think they will go up as the season progresses. Keep in mind that he is also getting used to a new system and teammates as well. The benefit of having AD starting comes from his mistakes or lack there off, in key moments. Didn’t he hit a key shot against Golden State that kept us close with under a minute left? It’s those types of things that keep him in the lineup. Barnes is also in because of his D, plain and simple. He doesn’t have a good shot but he is quick and he is aggressive on D. I think Frye is starting to look like he will be a 4 for this team. I haven’t been the greatest supporter of Frye, but he has opened my eyes a little but I have to see consistence.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
antonio had a few big rebounding nights, thats about all u can say about him besides being a veteran presence. other than him, who do we have? marbury, penny, maybe mo taylor.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
davis is not the future of this franchise. kids like ariza and frye and lee are. this isn't a "win now" team, so its not like by having davis in there it will help us in our championship contention. and, im not convinved that EVEN IF we were in "desperate win now" mode, davis would be the better option.

let frye and lee and ariza make a few mistakes and learn and get experience. it will increase their trade value, and help them mature faster. it will be better for the franchise in the long run. and, in my opinion, even in the short run, because i think they are better players than guys like penny and davis, even though they are rookies.

the only good reason i can think of to play antonio davis is to juice up his numbers and increase his trade value - so that we can get more in return for him...but i really dont think there's any sucker gm's out there that really want antonio davis.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
david lee is our best rebounder. he rankes NUMBER ONE in the nba in REBOUNDS PER 48 MINUTES and in OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS per 48 minutes.

this kid should be starting at the 3/4. he creates so many exptra possessions for our team...

he should be getting AT LEAST 20-25 minutes a game, i dont care if hes a rookie or not...he deserves it

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Frye is proving day by day that he should be in the line-up as our starting PF. He had another impressive performance last night and showed that he can be an effective player. He doesn't exactly exude the poise and confidence of an average PF, but the more time we give, the more he'll develop.