SI.com Will Sprewell retire?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The dollar amounts have changed, but the rhetoric is still the same from the Latrell Sprewell camp a year after the shooting guard turned down a three-year, $21 million contract extension offer from the Minnesota Timberwolves. Nearly a month into the season, Sprewell, who infamously explained his rejection of Minnesota's overture by saying he had "a family to feed," is unemployed and, according to his agent, willing to sit out the season rather than play for the NBA veteran's minimum of $1.1 million. "Anyone who thinks he should play for that, that's absurd," Sprewell's representative, Bob Gist, told SI.com this week. "He might as well retire."

"Latrell doesn't need the money that badly. To go from being offered $7 million to taking $1 million, that would be a slap in the face."

Gist said he considers the offer rejected last year a fair one. "The Timberwolves' offer was close to a [fair] valuation," he said. (Sprewell averaged 12.8 points and 2.2 assists in 80 games for the T'wolves in 2004-05.) "If you look at his stats, I think $7 million - $10 million [per year] is what veterans like him are commanding."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/stephen_cannella/11/18/sprew/index.html

ny3nyk

Rotation player
how bout if the hawks sign him to a deal and trade him and delk to us for james? a possible move, which i think gives us a veteran backcourt to close games out and get stops

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i wouldnt like that, and the problem with that is, it gives us more roster problems and more spots for larry to **** around with

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
because we should be concentating on creating chemistry and developing a rotation for our current players, instead of bringing in new ones.

Knicks-player

Benchwarmer
I think he'll retire...and if he doesn't, him going to the knicks wouldn't be a good idea...he's a veteran now and this is not the player we need...