Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Channing Frye - Rookie of the Year?

Superstar

You also have to take into consideration, that we are games into the year so we shouldn't get to ahead of ourselves.

Originally Posted by Brian_Coleman_21
    You also have to take into consideration, that we are games into the year so we shouldn't get to ahead of ourselves.
    The first time I saw Channing I thought he looked like a skinny lanky p***y, Im sure many knick fans thought that. But Frye has bulkded up and showed everyone that he is not as soft as we think. Its about time we drafted well. Our rookies are clearly developing gradually. Channing is awesome, he's been playing very well the past few games. I loved his ally-oop in LA. If Frye kan keep performing this way, eventually he'll be a candidate for Rookie of The Year. Yea it is kinda early to jugde, but this shows how far we've come along. Who woulda thought our 7th pick would play so well? Who woulda thought we'd feel this way bout our rookies after years of bad drafting? Well time has come, and thank Zeke we got a young swift big man on da team who's a fairly good scorer. Lets not jinx it. I wouldn't include him in a trade for KG.

even better considering he was eigth overall not seventh

Anything is possible, I'd like to believe it... the season is young though, there's plenty of time for Frye to get better. Alot of it could pend on how the season goes for the Knicks. I could also see Bogut getting it with the Bucks playing well.

Originally Posted by Peach_NYK_21
    even better considering he was eigth overall not seventh
    thanx for the correction. i wuz thinkin bout his number 7, but yeah wuz da 8th pick.

Yea he was 8th because I really wanted the Knicks to get him and when David Stern started saying "Charlie Villanueva" for the Raptors I thought he said Channing and we were ****ed. But then i realized and laughed at the stupid Raptors.