Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

6 35.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OFFICIAL offer made to Minny For KG

if all we give up is Davis Hardaway or Malik i will marry Isiah for being the best human ever

Superstar

Originally Posted by Peach_NYK_21
    if all we give up is Davis Hardaway or Malik i will marry Isiah for being the best human ever

hahaha, my thoughts as well.

8) 8) 8) 8)

Not that this wouldn't be good, but we need someone who can really shoot, and spread the floor a little more. But if it happened I wouldn't complain about it.

Stephen A Smith has just confirmed that the knicks are talking to the Wolves. AD and Penny for KG, Wally and Hudson.

The Wolves want Frye. Isiah says no

That's where it stands.

Superstar

I would love it if KG were a Knick. But I would implore Isiah to keep our rookies. All of them. Though Garnett and Steph to gether can make us a contender the question is however: How long can they make us a contender. KG is 29 steph is 28. It will take a year or 2 to gel and maybe 2 year at a shot of a championship. After that we'll just be an old team in transition again. If we keep the young guys and they improve and Isiah slowly bulinds around them as time goes on we will have a good team for 10 to 15 years and more and maybe 3-5 of a chance to win a championship. KG coming here with the rookies still intach will give us about 2 decades of winning seasons.

KG trade should be pulled but Isiah has to keep the bright future. I know its all about winning now. But I think its better win win later for longer.

Veteran

yea so it goes. expiring contracts for bloated ones...but in some way solves all three of our problems...we need a good PF (we get a great one), we need a more consistent shooter (we get one) and we need a backup PG (we get one)...

I really dont see Hudson lasting too long though his contract is decently big if we can rid ourselves of him i wouldnt mind it.

the only really thing that makes ppl think GS will get KG is becausae theyll offer a package including J-Rich...but that is strictly rumor and will more than likely NOT be offered.

Look for a lot of deals to go on at deadline for us...trying to rid ourselves of Malik Rose, Jerome James, Troy Hudson (if we get him) and maybe Taylor but he expires the season after next so he mite be a keeper...this also means by to "Barnesey". but no real complaints there. everyone keeps mentioning youth youth youth. well as of all reports Isiah has stayed strong in not putting ANY youth in his trade offers. i dont think hell crack on that BUT i think a draft pick or two would be available..

Kg is gettin up there in age, he only has a few more good years left he is 29 now i believe, in a few years from now he will either be injured or way less effective, for us to give up frye and ariza who both have bright futures would be stupid for us in the future

I think Isiah can pull off the trade without giving up Frye or any rookies for that matter.
    Taking back KG, Wally and Hudson would save the wolves $120 million dollars!!!!!
    A low salary knick may have to act as a trade filler - so that might be barnes.

Wiping $120mil off the books at the end of the season - That is like the wolves winning the powerball.
    Financially the wolves are getting a one in a lifetime opportunity to start over fresh without any outrageous contracts.

By them asking for Frye shows that the initial offer was interesting enough for them to respond. They are just trying to see what else they can squeeze out of it - that's my guess.

Superstar

Originally Posted by KnicksFan20
    Kg is gettin up there in age, he only has a few more good years left he is 29 now i believe, in a few years from now he will either be injured or way less effective, for us to give up frye and ariza who both have bright futures would be stupid for us in the future

He's got more then just a few years. I believe hes got at least 7 or 8 years left in him.

Superstar

yeah kg def has at least 5 mvp like years left and i think the rest of his career hell still be solid and he wont lose his passing skills, ala chris webber.

if the Wolves would take Lee instead of Frye, I would do that in a heart beat. Lee is good but he will NEVER be as good as KG. I agree that KG has alot of good years left in him, but even if we're conservative, don't you think you'd rather have 5-6 years of KG than 5-6 years of Lee?

Superstar

But KG isn't going anywhere this season unless the Wolves are awful at the trade deadline. He will be dealt somewhere in the offseason though.