OFFICIAL offer made to Minny For KG

Will K.G. be a Knicks

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea so it goes. expiring contracts for bloated ones...but in some way solves all three of our problems...we need a good PF (we get a great one), we need a more consistent shooter (we get one) and we need a backup PG (we get one)...

I really dont see Hudson lasting too long though his contract is decently big if we can rid ourselves of him i wouldnt mind it.

the only really thing that makes ppl think GS will get KG is becausae theyll offer a package including J-Rich...but that is strictly rumor and will more than likely NOT be offered.

Look for a lot of deals to go on at deadline for us...trying to rid ourselves of Malik Rose, Jerome James, Troy Hudson (if we get him) and maybe Taylor but he expires the season after next so he mite be a keeper...this also means by to "Barnesey". but no real complaints there. everyone keeps mentioning youth youth youth. well as of all reports Isiah has stayed strong in not putting ANY youth in his trade offers. i dont think hell crack on that BUT i think a draft pick or two would be available..

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Kg is gettin up there in age, he only has a few more good years left he is 29 now i believe, in a few years from now he will either be injured or way less effective, for us to give up frye and ariza who both have bright futures would be stupid for us in the future

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think Isiah can pull off the trade without giving up Frye or any rookies for that matter.
Taking back KG, Wally and Hudson would save the wolves $120 million dollars!!!!!
A low salary knick may have to act as a trade filler - so that might be barnes.

Wiping $120mil off the books at the end of the season - That is like the wolves winning the powerball.
Financially the wolves are getting a one in a lifetime opportunity to start over fresh without any outrageous contracts.

By them asking for Frye shows that the initial offer was interesting enough for them to respond. They are just trying to see what else they can squeeze out of it - that's my guess.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
KnicksFan20 said:
Kg is gettin up there in age, he only has a few more good years left he is 29 now i believe, in a few years from now he will either be injured or way less effective, for us to give up frye and ariza who both have bright futures would be stupid for us in the future

He's got more then just a few years. I believe hes got at least 7 or 8 years left in him.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah kg def has at least 5 mvp like years left and i think the rest of his career hell still be solid and he wont lose his passing skills, ala chris webber.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
if the Wolves would take Lee instead of Frye, I would do that in a heart beat. Lee is good but he will NEVER be as good as KG. I agree that KG has alot of good years left in him, but even if we're conservative, don't you think you'd rather have 5-6 years of KG than 5-6 years of Lee?

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
But KG isn't going anywhere this season unless the Wolves are awful at the trade deadline. He will be dealt somewhere in the offseason though.