Thought on our ineffective Centers

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Is it just me or is Eddy Curry one of the dumbest basketball players you have ever seen? He has so much talent and ability but plays the game with the brain of a retard. He gets soooooo many Offensive fouls and makes some real dumb ass mistakes. I really hope he gets going pretty soon because I think if he starts playing like he did last year with the Bulls, we will win a lot of games. The Knicks came back and won against Seattle, if they had a healthy Curry out there dominating and demanding the double, then they would be so much better.

Also Jerome James must think really highly of himself, and not realize how baldy he blows. I have read multiple quotes in articles about him saying "how much Seattle misses him because he is a 'presence'". Also he said the Knicks missed him because of his inside game and all this other nonsense.......This guy is a bum, in the Seattle game he made one or two nice plays and had a block. WOW buddy you are such a contributor, i hope he turns it around because he coiuld help the team, but I doubt the Knicks missed him and I doubt Seattle misses him because he is overpaid as hell, and looks fat as shit out there.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
butler seems to show the most promise, younger than all of them but aside from fouls, probably plays the most like a true center. curry has been through a lot with the heart thing in chicago and i think nows the time to put that behind and play like an all star. the potential is there, he has to work on d, rebounding, playing smart, and free throws.

pat

Starter
by now we all know that u all think jerome james is not worth his money, but this was his best game so far. 15 minutes, 4 of 6 shooting, 9 points and 5 boards. actually not that bad.

together the centers made a contribution of 19 points, 8 boards, 8 of 11 shooting and 2 blocks, but a poor performance from the foul line (3-11).

not great numbers, but especially considering the foul shooting, this is something to work with.

dabish105

Benchwarmer
Well both centers seem to be a bit out of shape and I think they will get better as time goes on. Curry does need to smarten up a bit ... I mean not even Shaq gets that many O Fouls..

Trin_Starr

Starter
Either Jerome James is one funny man, or he is seriously delusional!!! lol

Snippet from DIME magazine
In an article we saw yesterday, Jerome had this line about missing Seattle: "I wish I could have been (there) to help Robert Swift out a little more. He looks like he needs it." Then James had this one about playing PF next to Eddy Curry: "I’ll go out and defend the fours. I’m not looking to score 20 points, but I am looking to get 10 blocks, 10 rebounds and six fouls." Finally, here is Jerome’s response to the criticism he’s taken in New York: "It’s early. Before it’s all over, they will be chanting my name and lifting me up on their shoulders and carrying me around the building." ...

JJtheKnick

Starter
curry has not lived up to what this trade was said to be. sweetney has been doing great, i dont understand this knicks cant get a break

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Did you guys check out that article on ESPN regarding the grading of the offseason acquisitions.

Curry received a C-, which is understandable since he was inactive for some time due to injury.

James received a F-, and I gotta be honest to say that I agree at this point. He has been absolutely horrible and a waste of our MLE.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Both Curry and James have been hurt to start the season, i dont know why you guys dont know that. Now theyre coming off their injuries you should see improvement in their game, i know we did see it in the seattle game.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I still have faith in Curry. I know that with time he can develop into a great center, he's not the one that I'm upset with.

James is a complete waste. I don't know if you have ever done any research on James. I have, and have posted numerous times as to his career stats as well as all comments made by previous teams. We will come to learn what many teams already know, that he just isn't made to be play in this league.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i think well be suprised, and in his recent play, already have been suprised with his decent, off the bench performance. Hes a good defensive center, who actually has some quick offensive ability. Its up to him however how good he wants to be.

paris401

Starter
pat said:
by now we all know that u all think jerome james is not worth his money, but this was his best game so far. 15 minutes, 4 of 6 shooting, 9 points and 5 boards. actually not that bad.

together the centers made a contribution of 19 points, 8 boards, 8 of 11 shooting and 2 blocks, but a poor performance from the foul line (3-11).

not great numbers, but especially considering the foul shooting, this is something to work with.

half of his shots were made against that 20year old white stringbean who was scared out of his wits... (was his name fredric weis??)...
no j.j. is a 'dud'...

the jury is still out on curry

NYKnicks15

Starter
everyone is so quick to judge man...peach is right curry was injured and sidelined and before that he was getting used to a knew system WHILE trying to get back in shape. Curry will come around and is starting to 24 and 11 boards this past game...hes still the Center for the Bulls who put up 18 ppg BUT he's also the Knicks Center who improved his RPG by 4 since being under Larry Brown...when in shape hell become the beast of the east...laughing? wait and see, especially when Shaq retires.

now James? at the time his signing looked good, we needed a big body. i say we nurse him back to health and playing shape and let him come in the game for a good 10-13 mpg. let him show some signs of defending and some signs of ability to play...and then ship his ass out right before deadline to the first taker.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
I never said Curry was a dud or a bust or a bad trade, it was a good trade because Sweetney played and showed he would be nothing more than a role player. I just said Curry is one dumb guy when it comes to basketball. Frye is so much smarter then him and he is a rookie. I guess thats what college does for you.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Did you guys check out that article on ESPN regarding the grading of the offseason acquisitions.

Curry received a C-, which is understandable since he was inactive for some time due to injury.

James received a F-, and I gotta be honest to say that I agree at this point. He has been absolutely horrible and a waste of our MLE.

I may be wrong but it looked like Curry tried his best to carry the load, especially late in the seaseon when we were plagued with injuries. So Curry, in my book, could have got a C or even a B. Whereas James deserved his F- because when he got playing time he seemed not to care that he picked up 3 quick fouls, and he basically made his playing time into screw off time.

The fact is that J.James is a fat overpaid bum, Curry on the other hand is going to be a monster. He is what 26 he is a beast and with Mark Agwire in his ear, a little more work and he is an allstar for the next 7 or 8 years.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agree. Curry just needs to work on the mental things of the game such as rebounding mentality, being aggressive, and his defensive mentality. We all see flashes such as this...

Don't know why it shows two videos at a time but anyways...at least we have two low post bigs that have a lot of potential for the future...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah obviously theres potential but there arent that many clips of curry doing much on d. hopefully he realizes we need him to if we want to win.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
We don't need Curry to grab 24pts 11rebs...we need him to grab 16pts 14rebs 2blk...a night...we need him to be a truly DEFENSIVE FORCE in the middle...we got enough other players on this team who can score the basketball!

What we don't have is that Goliath in the middle who can block and rip rebounds down like it's lunch time.

His ass also needs to hustle more back on the defensive end, which brings into question his conditioning once again..I wouldn't mind working as the KNICKS trainer...I know plenty of military training exercises that can whoop these guys asses into shape at the end of the day.

metrocard

Legend
We don't need Curry to grab 24pts 11rebs...we need him to grab 16pts 14rebs 2blk...a night...we need him to be a truly DEFENSIVE FORCE in the middle...we got enough other players on this team who can score the basketball!

What we don't have is that Goliath in the middle who can block and rip rebounds down like it's lunch time.

His ass also needs to hustle more back on the defensive end, which brings into question his conditioning once again..I wouldn't mind working as the KNICKS trainer...I know plenty of military training exercises that can whoop these guys asses into shape at the end of the day.

Exactly.

Not many teams have that Goliath, but we just need Curry to be at least average on defense and rebounding.