Artest seeks trade

NYKnicks15

Starter
mite be wondering why this is in the Knicks section, well just listen. Ron wants to be the number one man in the offense (obviously Indy's is O'Neal). He's been seeking a trade and even though the Kings have been the big pursuers it is known widely that Ron wont even show up to play for them if hes traded there. His three choices are Cleveland, New York & Miami...according to Smith in that order..

We need a SF, I want Ron Artest, baggage and all...who do we have to give up to get him? I think theyll ask for Jamal...they want a better SG than Jackson and their salaries match up...long shot of getting him..but what would it take..and be logical (salaries fit etc)

Trin_Starr

Starter
Bring Ronnie home!!!!

Jamal and Ariza no problem - for #1 defensive player of the year + crazy offense plus the balls that the knicks lack...

Starks

Starter
Is this a rumor, or fact? I'd break the bank for Ronnie. There is no way we should have skipped him in that draft that year...it still haunts me. Damn you Scott Layden, i hope u rot in hell.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
You mentioned that the main motivating factor behind his desire to be traded is to be the #1 offensive option, but then listed Cleveland and Miami as two of the top three teams? Is this for real? There are already legitimate MVP candidates residing on each of those teams.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes this is fact. i will never report anything on here that has no basis of truth. and yea the offensive center piece and Cleveland & Miami dont sound like a fit but those we're his choices...remember people this is Ron "jump in the crowd, ask for time off to promote a rap cd, painted face, pull shorts down" artest. not everything makes sense with him.

but yes those are his choices even though Sac's persuing a Stojakovic for him swap he has no intentions or willingness to go there. Cleveland/NY/Miami are his top three...NY being second.

Starks

Starter
Is ther an article we can read that brings up Ron wanting to be traded?? Im just curious where you heard this from

Allen

Benchwarmer
Yesterday on Espn shooteround before the nets/cavs games they mentioned Artest wants out of Indiana and again at halftime of the game.

Its only a rumor so take it with a grain of salt.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Wow!
That was the best thing I heard all season :)
"In a perfect world, I'd be going to NY"!!!!!

C'mon Isiah bring home the prodigal son!

NYKnicks15

Starter
owed an apology? :lol:

well the good thing about pursuing this trade is we can offer many things..well in some senses..one we can go straightup with a trade involving JC, Q, Malik & JJ as centerpeices of it. we can also add the soon to retire contract of Jonathan Bender off their hands making the lump sum up to 13 million...from there we can offer many combinations..salary relief (with expiring contracts). Malik Rose & JJ or other combos. but i see it coming down to one of those players + David Lee or Trevor Ariza...like Lee & Ariza but please bring Ron to NY.

Starks

Starter
Sorry dude...
But WOW!!!!!!
This is better than the KG rumor, cause this is true. I would trade anybody to get Artest. He brings defense and scoring, not to mention that he would be an instant fan fav since he is from here. Isaiaha better not leave his office until a deal can be made...but there is one small problem. You see, Bird and Thomas hate eachother. The last thing Larry would do is trade the Pacers best player to the Knicks and stand idly by as Thomas gets all the glory. I think our best chance is free agency....but i would luv to get him on our roster now. How about QRich, Nate, and Ariza for Ron?

NYKnicks15

Starter
hmm im not the biggest fan of Robinson BUT i think we should hold on to him. i am a big fan of Ariza but if it means getting ronnie im sorry. i think Indy wants to move Jackson back to the SF if Artest leaves and get in a better shooter that WILL control his shot selection. i really think Q & Lee will do the trick...

yes the Bird/Thomas situation is a tough one to rely on BUT you also have to think Ron is a trouble not worth taking for some clubs (like Sac) where like i said it is known he will not show up or be happy playing there..Artest and not happy arent a good combo. it somewhat sucks cause cleveland has more to offer (salary wise) but i think we have the better players to offer. so there comes a time when Bird/Thomas have to put egos/problems aside and each obtain what they want..Indy a SG and York a SF.

WiL8000

Rotation player
We're better off signing him as a free agent, this way we don't lose any talent in excange for Artest. On the other hand, I wouldn't cry if the Knicks found a way to land him now. I'd hate to see Ariza and/or Robinson go.

Starks

Starter
Your right about that one. I hope the Indy fans boo the hell out of Artest to put more pressure on Bird to trade him. Did you read the indy star article??? It was pretty harsh, and i think it is how all Pacer fans feel t this point. check this out list out:
1. Artest has been suspended a number of times for manners on the court (Playoffs, locker room)
2. He asked to get time off to promote a rap album
3. He put his rap album b4 theteam by promoting on during the game
4. He put down his coach and the team by saying he doesnt like the system and wants out
And I'm not sure about this one, but didn't somthing happen last season that was considered to be the ugliest moment in American Sports history that Artest had somthing to do with??

I think its for Indy to let the mad man go. But if he ended up on the Knicks, I think Larry will clash with him instantly and I think he would mess up Fyre's development. But I bet we would no longer be the joke of the NBA. That my friends is worth it.

portega1968

El Cacique
This has to be the most positive news for Knickdom all season... Artest wants to AND will be a Knick sooner or later. To hell with the baggage and the past, this guy would be the difference maker on the court. Frenchie Freddy Weis? Jizzzzzzzzeeezzzz.

I would love to see our guards bring the ball up and run the offense through Artest in a high post with Stephon at SG going through screens, Frye and the other surviving guard spotting up and Curry moving to the basket. Sounds versatile and unstoppable. Plus, no one can question the fact that Ron is a tenacious 'boarder and can guard anybody in this league that's not a half-foot taller than him, and then some.

Ron's salary is at $6million+...Indiana will not trade him for an equal salary but less talented player. I think that Bird will eventually have to deal with Isiah and get this done.

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
only thing i'am knida worried about is how artest and brown would work with each other (ever since rumble in the jungle @ detroit) but still... artest is insane on both sides of the ball, a HUGE! upgrade at the sf. only problem is who do we have to give to get him :\

i hope not ariza, he is one of my favorite players, having him learn the trade from artest would be awesome, almost like a mini-artest in the making.

but i hope this can happen soon... i can just see mob deep at every game for artest :D

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I would take artest over almost any other player in the game, he is that valuable. He is the only player who can really slow down some of the leagues top guards like lebron, kobe, etc. I would trade almost any1 on the knicks to get him because he will turn them into the topp team in the atlantic, i'd guarentee it.