Artest seeks trade

Starks

Starter
What if Bird wants Frye?? I dont even have an answer for that one.

Still chances are Artest is not gona go anywhere but on the Pacer's team bus. This era of players demanding their working conditions has to come to an end. Terrel Owens, Manny Ramirez, Miguel Tejada, Ruben Patterson, Tim Thomas think its that easy to dictate their profession. Not one has been moved (TO doesn't count becuase he is a disgrace to the modern athlere). I think that there is a counter-movment of owners and execs flaunting their power by leaving these cry babies on the bench. Think about it...this may be the season of the non-trade movement (again the Marlins and TO don't count).

Trin_Starr

Starter
Starks said:
But if he ended up on the Knicks, I think Larry will clash with him instantly.

I doubt that :)
Larry knows that the SF position is the knicks weakest position and if he went so far to hire a psycho nutcase like Woods to fill the void then trust me .... he'll welcome Ronnie with open arms!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Artest would punctuate this lineup! I think if Indiana decides to deal Artest and does talk with the knicks, I think Frye is who Indiana is going to demand. If the Knicks were to make that trade we would strengthen the 3 but take a seriuos blow to the 4/5 spot. I think Isiah can part with anyone BUT Curry and Frye and that might be the deal breaker! Unless Indiana uses the trade to force a team to take a bad contract(s) along with Artest, I can't see them really wanting anyone else.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm in the minority once again but I don't think getting Artest is a good idea. Sure he's very talented! No question about that but he is a problem. This guy will tear a team apart. You think the knicks are screwed up now. It could be 10 times worse if we get Ron. Think about it. What happens if he's not happy with Brown's system. I read the article and read how he badmouthed his coach. That type of action is bad for a team. Further more, you all are jumping the gun once again. I suppose that's what fan sites are for. The article written can be found at http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/knicks/ .
This is all babble coming from the mouth of a commonly confused Artest. Today he wants to be a Knick. Tomorrow he'll want to be an Astronaunt. I saw he's interview on HBO's real sports. I never really knew how confused this dude was until I saw him speak with my own eyes. He was talking about retiring in two years. Don't take anything Artest says as fact or truth.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
here we go again...knicks need a player like ron artest...ppl were saying da same thing when the knicks got latrel sprewell....Ron Artest could be the difference maker

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I've always liked Artest. I was one of the only people who stood up for him on this or any other forum. He can play inside and out and is an amazing defender. Artest's main reasons for requesting a trade two-fold.

Reason 1: He wants and needs a fresh start. this is self explanatory. If you had problems at your job, would you stay and suffer constant ridicule? No. You would try to create a new image of yourself somewhere else. That's fair, isn't it?
Reason 2: Donnie Walsh & Larry Bird. Neither guy has stepped up and denied actively trying to move Artest. These are the same clowns that lied to Jermaine O'Neal to keep him in Indiana. THey fired IT after JO re-signed. I think with bosses like these, I'd wanna quit too.

And with the T.O stuff let it go. If everyone here had T.O.'s talent, we would do as much as we could get away with. Not everyone here is irreplaceable, so let's all agree that not everyone is equal, so there's a rule for the masses and the elite. Plus Artest is not the only person who has criticized the boss, so anyone whose choked about that, stop being a hypocrite.

did u guys forget who drafted artest yea ISIAH THOMAS did all of u forget where artest is from NY it looks like an even match to me and Isiah likes to take players that have alot of problems because he sees more than just trouble he sees talent and artest is what we need trust me

NYKnicks15

Starter
Ron Artest will be traded in 10 days mark my words. He wants to come to NY and either by trade or by free agency he will be a NY Knick eventually BUT in all reality we have 3-4 contracts plus other scenarios that match up with Artests cap restriction wise WHICH not too many other teams can argue with. Predrag Stojakovic is Indiana's first choice i believe but if Artest isnt going to show up, would you really trade for him? prolly yes haha but still...and im not completely sure Isiah has the heart enough to trade Q especially at this time, it comes down to JJ, JC, Rose, prolly Q and even Taylor. I think well land him for Q and a pick/or one of Ariza/Lee if for anything...should be interesting.

now just to clear up the last comment ISIAH THOMAS did NOT draft Ron Artest...Isiah Thomas was never the GM of the Chicago Bulls.

Starks

Starter
Im not up to date on current NBA contracts. But is it true that Sacramento are top bidders by offering Pedja for Ron straight up evenly?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...0133dec12,1,1897088.column?coll=cs-columnists

I can't believe that piece of trash Malik Rose makes more than Ron!!!!!!! How can we match contracts, and still give the Pacers talent in a deal? It just doesn't seem like it can happen.

If you were the Pacers GM, what would you want from the Knicks? I would only want Frye and Ariza (and im sure they dont even match up to Ron's salary) My prediction is Artest & Tinsley to Denver for Miller and that foregin guy. Or Ron to Sac for Pedja if its an even salary deal.

Its going to be fun week of reading all the rumors. Why is Stephen A. Smith and Peter Vecesy so quite?? Is that a sign that Ron is not headed to a big market team??

NYKnicks15

Starter
bad news for us...GM Walsh stated that Artest told him he'd play anywhere. Indy said they have not heard from Isiah (yet) but expect a call from him today. They said they are just going to look for the best offer available... :? not a good sign for us.

its inevitable that Indy starts out asking for Frye but i think/hope the best offer we give them is Q & Lee.

man im starting to lose hope on this...we have 10 days to see though

timnakhla

Rookie
knicks best chance is by offering
JC or Q: 6.5mm or 6.8mm
AD or Penny: 15.7 or 13.8mm
& either Nate or Ariza: 1.1mm or 0.6mm

For:

Ron A: 6.5mm
Austin C.: 8.9mm
Bender: 7.1mm

Knicks get Ron and two bad contract and give up a shooting guard, salary cap relief and a future all star. looks fair to me. Peace

vinod1227

Rookie
Bringing Ron Artest will NOT guarantee anything for New York, but will in turn give us less space to make moves for better players and we'll be trading up the farm for him. Why can't NYer's just be patient and lets see our draft picks make some moves. All that is going to end up happening is that Lee, Ariza and et al will all be traded to another system where they will flourish and eventually destroy the Knicks....play the rooks !!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
vinod1227 said:
Bringing Ron Artest will NOT guarantee anything for New York

I totally disagree on that....look back at all the boxscores in the games knicks have played - which type player totally kills us??
Game 1 - Pierce 30pts
Game 2 - Jamison 20pts
Game 3 - Richardson 24pts
Game 4 - Miles 26pts
Game 5 - Richardson 24pts
Game 6 - Peja 31pts
Go through the list on nba.com and you will see that the SG/SG position on every team scored a min. of 20pts against the knicks

Need I continue????
The knicks let the most points in at the league's deadliest position SG/SF - you don't think having a lockdown defender on the kobes, T'macs, Redd's, Lebron's of the NBA will be good for the knicks?
In addition to his D, expect 20pts, 6boards, 4 asts and about 3 steals a game from him....

And this will not be an upgrade over
Ariza?
Woods?
Rose?
and whoever else the knicks play at SF?

We need artest.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Isn't Bender retiring? If so, I do not think his contract is tradable. Artest would help this lineup tremendously, but not if we give up Frye (who the pacers will more than likely demand to be in the trade). The Knicks must keep Frye in order for a trade, like Artest, to be affective and add to the strength of the team. I would take Austin in the trade; I think he is a good offensive player off the bench. Yes he is over priced, but if it lets us keep Frye and get Artest, I am all for it.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah bender is. artest is a PERFECT FIT. he can score which we need, awesome intense defender which we definitely need. he says hell be in ny when hes a free agent (he has 2 years left and a player option on the third). which means waiting at least two years.

This is from realgm.com: "Pacers president Donnie Walsh said he expects to hear from the Knicks when the bidding for Indiana star Ron Artest heats up, but they are by no means the preferred bidder even though Artest said he would like to play for the Knicks in an "ideal world." And also, he said hed play anywhere else. The article says he would want Frye, who i say is basically the only untouchable right now. id do marbury for him cuz i have enough faith in a backcourt of craw/nate/q/penny. marbury hasnt been himself and we could afford to lose him. id even throw in ariza if need be. id trade james obviously, lee even. the issue is salary and the ones that come to mind are marb, craw, james, penny, rose, taylor. but they would want a rookie thrown in cuz they hav cheap contracts, to make the talent equal. i think we have a strong chance of getting him which would be incredible. and yeah, wed have to swallow croshere, but as said, he can shoot and is pretty solid.