Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Artest seeks trade

We're better off signing him as a free agent, this way we don't lose any talent in excange for Artest. On the other hand, I wouldn't cry if the Knicks found a way to land him now. I'd hate to see Ariza and/or Robinson go.

Your right about that one. I hope the Indy fans boo the hell out of Artest to put more pressure on Bird to trade him. Did you read the indy star article??? It was pretty harsh, and i think it is how all Pacer fans feel t this point. check this out list out:
    1. Artest has been suspended a number of times for manners on the court (Playoffs, locker room)
    2. He asked to get time off to promote a rap album
    3. He put his rap album b4 theteam by promoting on during the game
    4. He put down his coach and the team by saying he doesnt like the system and wants out
    And I'm not sure about this one, but didn't somthing happen last season that was considered to be the ugliest moment in American Sports history that Artest had somthing to do with??

I think its for Indy to let the mad man go. But if he ended up on the Knicks, I think Larry will clash with him instantly and I think he would mess up Fyre's development. But I bet we would no longer be the joke of the NBA. That my friends is worth it.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

This has to be the most positive news for Knickdom all season... Artest wants to AND will be a Knick sooner or later. To hell with the baggage and the past, this guy would be the difference maker on the court. Frenchie Freddy Weis? Jizzzzzzzzeeezzzz.

I would love to see our guards bring the ball up and run the offense through Artest in a high post with Stephon at SG going through screens, Frye and the other surviving guard spotting up and Curry moving to the basket. Sounds versatile and unstoppable. Plus, no one can question the fact that Ron is a tenacious 'boarder and can guard anybody in this league that's not a half-foot taller than him, and then some.

Ron's salary is at $6million+...Indiana will not trade him for an equal salary but less talented player. I think that Bird will eventually have to deal with Isiah and get this done.

only thing i'am knida worried about is how artest and brown would work with each other (ever since rumble in the jungle @ detroit) but still... artest is insane on both sides of the ball, a HUGE! upgrade at the sf. only problem is who do we have to give to get him :\

i hope not ariza, he is one of my favorite players, having him learn the trade from artest would be awesome, almost like a mini-artest in the making.

but i hope this can happen soon... i can just see mob deep at every game for artest

I would take artest over almost any other player in the game, he is that valuable. He is the only player who can really slow down some of the leagues top guards like lebron, kobe, etc. I would trade almost any1 on the knicks to get him because he will turn them into the topp team in the atlantic, i'd guarentee it.

What if Bird wants Frye?? I dont even have an answer for that one.

Still chances are Artest is not gona go anywhere but on the Pacer's team bus. This era of players demanding their working conditions has to come to an end. Terrel Owens, Manny Ramirez, Miguel Tejada, Ruben Patterson, Tim Thomas think its that easy to dictate their profession. Not one has been moved (TO doesn't count becuase he is a disgrace to the modern athlere). I think that there is a counter-movment of owners and execs flaunting their power by leaving these cry babies on the bench. Think about it...this may be the season of the non-trade movement (again the Marlins and TO don't count).

Originally Posted by Starks
    But if he ended up on the Knicks, I think Larry will clash with him instantly.
    I doubt that
    Larry knows that the SF position is the knicks weakest position and if he went so far to hire a psycho nutcase like Woods to fill the void then trust me .... he'll welcome Ronnie with open arms!

Ron play very very hard, that's what LArry wants!

Artest would punctuate this lineup! I think if Indiana decides to deal Artest and does talk with the knicks, I think Frye is who Indiana is going to demand. If the Knicks were to make that trade we would strengthen the 3 but take a seriuos blow to the 4/5 spot. I think Isiah can part with anyone BUT Curry and Frye and that might be the deal breaker! Unless Indiana uses the trade to force a team to take a bad contract(s) along with Artest, I can't see them really wanting anyone else.

Lurker

This is the only peace that the knicks are missing a true sf wo can defend and score this is what we need

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I'm in the minority once again but I don't think getting Artest is a good idea. Sure he's very talented! No question about that but he is a problem. This guy will tear a team apart. You think the knicks are screwed up now. It could be 10 times worse if we get Ron. Think about it. What happens if he's not happy with Brown's system. I read the article and read how he badmouthed his coach. That type of action is bad for a team. Further more, you all are jumping the gun once again. I suppose that's what fan sites are for. The article written can be found at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] .
    This is all babble coming from the mouth of a commonly confused Artest. Today he wants to be a Knick. Tomorrow he'll want to be an Astronaunt. I saw he's interview on HBO's real sports. I never really knew how confused this dude was until I saw him speak with my own eyes. He was talking about retiring in two years. Don't take anything Artest says as fact or truth.

here we go again...knicks need a player like ron artest...ppl were saying da same thing when the knicks got latrel sprewell....Ron Artest could be the difference maker

everyone hopes that you're right datruth!!!

I've always liked Artest. I was one of the only people who stood up for him on this or any other forum. He can play inside and out and is an amazing defender. Artest's main reasons for requesting a trade two-fold.

Reason 1: He wants and needs a fresh start. this is self explanatory. If you had problems at your job, would you stay and suffer constant ridicule? No. You would try to create a new image of yourself somewhere else. That's fair, isn't it?
    Reason 2: Donnie Walsh & Larry Bird. Neither guy has stepped up and denied actively trying to move Artest. These are the same clowns that lied to Jermaine O'Neal to keep him in Indiana. THey fired IT after JO re-signed. I think with bosses like these, I'd wanna quit too.

And with the T.O stuff let it go. If everyone here had T.O.'s talent, we would do as much as we could get away with. Not everyone here is irreplaceable, so let's all agree that not everyone is equal, so there's a rule for the masses and the elite. Plus Artest is not the only person who has criticized the boss, so anyone whose choked about that, stop being a hypocrite.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Let the trade scenarios begin.
    The pacers have put Artest on the inactive list are activley looking at trades....Isiah whip out da cellie and make it happen....